Toffolo
O'Connor
Andrade
Morrell
Grant
Payne
Walker

Akinde

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is 5pm on Monday due to the Portsmouth game.

Vickers 7: Solid game, solid handling, solid kicking and some solid saves.
Eardley 5.5: Gave the ball away a few times and deliveries into the box were poor. A bit sluggish at the back too.
Bolger 6: Was okay before his sending off.
Shackell 6.5: Competent.
Toffolo 6: Tried to get things going forward without much luck. Seemed to have an ongoing spat with Love down their right.
O'Connor 6.5: Tenacious in the centre.
Andrade 6: Never seemed to get the ball enough and struggled to create much when he did get it.
Morrell 5.5: Was not heavily involved.
Grant 5: Poor. Looked off it most of the night.
Payne 5.5: Huffed and puffed but created little.
Walker 6: Quite threatening early on but drifted out the game second half before being switched to left wing.

Akinde 5.5: Struggled to get into it but at least he managed to get himself into the box on a couple of occasions.

From an IFollow perspective

Vickers 8 My MOM by virtue of the saves he made in the last ten minutes which earned us the point.
Eardley 5.5 Was getting forward in the first half but had the occasional sloppy pass. Second half seemed to be struggling with their left side and was beaten for pace a couple of times. A 90 minute player anymore??
Bolger 6 Thought he did well up to the red card. Really don't know if the sending off was justified still as the only view I've had was some distance away
Shackell 7 Solid as a rock at the back and kept control when we went a man down
Toffolo 6 Tried hard and no mistakes but couldn't contribute going forward as he often has of late

O Connor 7 Neat and tidy in the centre of the pitch
Morrell 7 Bar one brain fart moment in the first half was very solid and combative

Andrade 6 Shrews double up on him for the whole game and as a result he was unable to contribute going forward but did his bit defensively which is a side of his game which he has improved upon
Payne 5 Barely noticed him throughout the match
Grant 5 Also ineffectual and snuffed out by Shrews tactics

Walker 6 Starved of service so had to come deep. Lots of effort but needs to watch the line of defence as strayed offside too often

Akinde 6 Credit for getting our sole legal on target strike and caused their defence a little bother before having to shore up ours in the last few minutes

From an IFollow perspective

Vickers 8 My MOM by virtue of the saves he made in the last ten minutes which earned us the point.
Eardley 5.5 Was getting forward in the first half but had the occasional sloppy pass. Second half seemed to be struggling with their left side and was beaten for pace a couple of times. A 90 minute player anymore??
Bolger 6 Thought he did well up to the red card. Really don't know if the sending off was justified still as the only view I've had was some distance away
Shackell 7 Solid as a rock at the back and kept control when we went a man down
Toffolo 6 Tried hard and no mistakes but couldn't contribute going forward as he often has of late

O Connor 7 Neat and tidy in the centre of the pitch
Morrell 7 Bar one brain fart moment in the first half was very solid and combative

Andrade 6 Shrews double up on him for the whole game and as a result he was unable to contribute going forward but did his bit defensively which is a side of his game which he has improved upon
Payne 5 Barely noticed him throughout the match
Grant 5 Also ineffectual and snuffed out by Shrews tactics

Walker 6 Starved of service so had to come deep. Lots of effort but needs to watch the line of defence as strayed offside too often

Akinde 6 Credit for getting our sole legal on target strike and caused their defence a little bother before having to shore up ours in the last few minutes
Agree mostly with that and the scores but would give Grant a 6 for being over the pitch more and looking to go forward when he could.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm cheering myself up after an average game, I'm not down...I'm just reflective!

Vickers 7.5 Tip Top saves
Eardley 6 Steady Eddy
Bolger 5 Hing Kong Fuey
Shackell 7 Bish Bosh defending
Toffolo 6 Billy whizz moments
O'Connor 6 Hassling & Holding
Andrade 6 Should have swapped sides ...like in the song
Morrell 6 Running on Duracell AA's
Grant 5 Tricky dicky
Payne 6 Running on Duracell AAA's
Walker 6.5 3 is the magic number...players he had to take on up front

Akinde 5 Too Little, too late

Vickers 6 - Not exactly tested bar the FK in the second half that moved all over the place
Eardley 6 - Sloppy first half better second
Bolger 6 - Not really tested defensively
Shackell 6 - As above
Toffolo 6.5 - Tried to get things going down the left but Grant seemed to undo any good work he did
O'Connor 6.5 - Kept things ticking over
Andrade 6 - Little service
Morrell 6.5 - As O'Connor
Grant 5 - Kept giving the ball away. Too many fancy flicks and turns
Payne 6 - Didn't look after the ball well enough but always going to be a tough nice in what was effectively a back three plus two midfielders vs him and Walker in central areas
Walker 6 - No service

Akinde 6 - No impact

Vickers - 6.5
Eardley - 5
Bolger - 5.5
Shackell - 6
Toffolo - 6.5
O'Connor - 6.5
Andrade - 6
Morrell - 6
Grant - 5
Payne - 5
Walker - 5

Akinde - 6

Vickers 7.5 Good saves on greasy surface and in increasingly difficult conditions.
Eardley 7 Part of back four to keep clean sheet. Relied on as best bet to fill centre half spot when Bolger sent off.
Shackell 7 Assured
Bolger 6 Moment of misjudgement marred what had been a good performance
Toffolo 7 Another good performance
O’Connor 6.5 Solid effort
Morrell 6.5 Tried hard protected defence well
Andrade 6.5 Tightly marked
Grant 6 Quiet on the creative side but working harder defensively
Payne 5.5 Ineffective on this occassion
Walker 6 Goals are his business, if he doesn’t score not much else on offer.

Akinde 7.0 No impact other than creating the winning goal if Walker had managed to stay onslde.

Last edited:
Vickers 7.5 MOTM
Eardley 5.5
Bolger 5.5
Shackell 6.5
Toffolo 6
O'Connor 6
Andrade 6
Morrell 5.5
Grant 6
Payne 6.5
Walker 6.5

Akinde 6

Vickers 7.0
Eardley 6.0
Bolger 6.0
Shackell 6.5
Toffolo 6.5
O'Connor 6.5
Andrade 6.0
Morrell 6.0
Grant 5.5
Payne 5.5
Walker 6.5

Akinde 6.0

Vickers 8 Earned us the point - some really good saves on a tricky surface.
Eardley 5 Kept a clean sheet. Made a few errors that gave them sight at goal.
Shackell 7 level head and marshalled the rest at the back.
Bolger 5 Kept a clean sheet - but made a mistake giving the ref a decision to make. made it hard for the others to earn the draw (lost us any chance of the win)
Toffolo 6 Good performance - as per
O’Connor 6.5 Solid effort - played well and provided good cover
Morrell 5.5 Tried hard - lots of running, but too many backwards passes
Andrade 6.5 Did not have usual impact but was tightly marked.
Grant 6 Has started working harder defensively but too many backwards passes
Payne 5.5 Did not seem to have any ideas on how to break through their defence
Walker 6 Had very few chances. Was caught offside several times (sometimes dubiously) but have to think with his pace why give the Lino the decision to make? He's fast enough to leave a yard

Akinde 7.0 decent run and effort on goal - created a potential match winning opportunity for Walker. Some detractors moaned that he wasn't closing down their defenders but i would argue that wouldhave been a fools errand, there were four of them passing it about and no man can press four on his own!