Rate The Players v Plymouth Argyle | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Plymouth Argyle

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Woe is me! Oh, untimely death! Lincoln have lost yet another game, that makes two defeats in the last thirteen! Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful! And to have lost two away matches this season is simply embarrassing. To compound the problems, City are the top scorers in England with only 77 goals, we have no natural goalscorers! Aaarrrggghhh! Which idiot agreed to extend Michael Appleton's contract? We are shite, I tell you! Second place with almost two points per game is unacceptable, big changes are needed! Having key players injured at this stage of the season is shameful, what do they do all week in training? Well, I am completely finished with this terrible club. I'm off to watch Charlton.

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is 5pm on Monday.

Palmer
Poole
Jackson
Montsma
Edun
Grant
McGrandles
Johnson
Rogers
Scully
Hopper
--------

Palmer 6
Poole 6
Jackson 6
Montsma 6
Edun 6.5
Grant 8
McGrandles 7.5
Johnson 7
Rogers 6.5
Scully 6.5
Hopper 6.5

Palmer 6 Seems a little off his game to me. Goals 1 and 2 he was left exposed for. 3 he expected the defence to deal with. 4 though seemed to catch him on his toes. Earlier in the season he'd have made a very good effort to get to that

Poole 6.5 Thought he did well as an attacking threat and has settled into how we play
Montsma 6 Goals 1 and 3 were down to him not getting the ball away. Another who isn't quite on his usual high standards
Jackson 6 Nothing specifically wrong but I do think he needs to step up as a team leader a bit more now
Edun 6 Was playing fine up to that late lapse which cost us a goal. Still has a tendency to roam too much from his position leaving us exposed

Grant 6 Two penalties aside I thought Jorge was quite poor today. Too many little flicks and underhit short passes in our own half especially in that opening 15 minute shocker

McGrandles 7.5 Terrific energy throughout and a fine goal. Become a very important player for us
Johnson 6.5 Some flashes of skill and direct running including the penalty he won, but still looks a little jaded

Scully 8 Full of running and invention throughout. Took the game by the scruff of the neck after the 15 minute mark and was the main reason we started to play so much better
Rogers 6 Some flashes of skill and running, but a little peripheral to make an impression

Hopper 6 Lots of effort as usual but I have taken a point off for that miss at 3-2 which would have put the game beyond them

Palmer 5.5
Poole 6
Jackson 6
Montsma 5.5
Edun 6.5
Grant 8
McGrandles 7.5
Johnson 7
Rogers 6
Scully 8
Hopper 7

Palmer 5.5
Poole 7
Jackson 6
Montsma 5.5
Edun 7
Grant 7
McGrandles 8
Johnson 7
Rogers 5.5
Scully 8
Hopper 6.5

Palmer - 5
Poole - 6.5
Jackson - 6.5
Montsma - 5.5
Edun - 6
Grant - 6.5
McGrandles - 7
Johnson - 7
Rogers - 5.5
Scully - 7
Hopper - 6.5

Palmer 5
Poole 7
Jackson 6
Montsma 5
Edun 6.5
Grant 7
McGrandles 7.5
Johnson 7
Rogers 5
Scully 6.5
Hopper 6

Palmer 5.5
Poole 7.5
Jackson 6
Montsma 6
Edun 7
Grant 7
McGrandles 7.5
Johnson 7
Rogers 6
Scully 6.5
Hopper 6

Love the intro Scotimp 👏👏.
Real roller-coaster of a game. Lovely pitch and great conditions - you could tell that because we started to play our free-flowing attacking football again (well, after we went 2 - 0 down 🤔). Not sure either team deserved to win or lose but two of our three goals came from penalties, whereas all four of theirs were from open play, although they only had five shots on target. Squeaky bum time and we really need some injured players back in the next week or so.

Palmer - 4 - is something going on with him because he was just way off his usual dominant and reflexive self, or was it simply down to the lack of decent defending in front of him?
Poole - 7 - thought he played really well, going forward at least. Plenty of energy and some lovely inter-play with his new team-mates. High expectations for one who is still new.
Montsma - 5.5 - tried for the whole 90 mins, but something is not quite right with him. Has Covid affected him more than was thought? Is he suffering from not training properly with the heavy workload, pitches, etc?
Jackson - 7 - solid & reliable for the most part, and even managed to make one or two telling forward contributions.
Edun - 6.5 - good game for the most part but I think he was trying too hard to break up play and get forward and got caught out a couple of times, one of which resulted in a decisive goal.
Grant - 8 - MoM. Tough game and he really misses the protective role that Bridcutt plays, but he kept prompting and driving the team forward. Two important penalties to put us in front. Just hope the injury is no more serious than soft tissue and he is back in a week or so 🤞
McGrandles - 7 - worked exceptionally hard and took his superb goal well - could have had a second.
Johnson - 6.5 - decent pitch and decent performance. Had their defenders running scared at times and got the first penalty.
Rogers - 5.5 - an enigma. Clearly has bags of ‘Premiership’ style talent and skill but needs to engage with team-mates a bit more at times and not be quite so selfish. Final ball could be so devastating with a little more thought. Maybe needs a rest or more training with team-mates to develop a little better understanding?
Scully - 6.5 - scampered about endlessly and did cause them some problems but is he a bit isolated at times out wide ? Final ball into box could be a little better sometimes? Pulling it back instead of blasting across low 🤔
Hopper - 6.5 - usual Hopper performance - worked hard for the team and caused their defenders some problems. Probably should have buried the chance to make it 2 - 4 🤔

Last edited:
Palmer 6
Poole 6
Jackson 6
Montsma 6
Edun 8
Grant 8
McGrandles 8
Johnson 7
Rogers 6
Scully 7
Hopper 7

Palmer 5 - no obvious errors, but looks short of confidence and was very slow getting down to goals 2 and 4.

Poole 6 - best game for us so far, putting him on a par with TJ.
Jackson 6 - solid, but I don't think his partnership with Montsma brings out the best of either of them.
Montsma 5.5 - struggled on crosses. Yet to go back to his early season form. Misses Walsh in my view
Edun 7 - I thought he was excellent until that late slip. Got very little help from Rogers though, especially compared to how Scully was always double teaming with Poole.

Grant 7 - decent in patches, mainly when we were dominating possession.
McGrandles 8 - excellent display all round
Johnson 7 - best display for many weeks, but we can look weak in midfield when he is one of the three. Needs to work on his one-on-ones with the goalie. With his pace he gets plenty, but never looks confident.

Rogers 5 - still learning the game, and I'm not sure at this crucial stage of the season we can afford that. Personally I would play Johnson there, stiffen the midfield, and use Rogers as an impact sub
Scully 8 - super display from Scully. Involved in everything good we did.
Hopper 7 - another good performance other than the miss, which was harder than it looked as their goalie closed him down very quickly.

Palmer 4
Poole 6
Jackson 5
Montsma 4.5
Edun 6.5
Grant 6
McGrandles 7
Johnson 6
Rogers 6
Scully 8 MotM :clap:
Hopper 4

Palmer 5.
Poole. 7
Montsma. 5.5
Jackson 5.5
Edun 6.5
Grant. 7
McGrandles 7.5
Johnson 6.5
Scully. 7.5
Hopper. 6
Rogers 5

Palmer - 5 - Used to boss his area, now less vocal, MA needs to find what is wrong.
Poole - 7 - Wanted the ball, strived to get forward.
Montsma - 5. Another whose confidence has taken a dive, at times some poor basic defending.
Jackson - 6 - Good going forward, needed to stop some of the opposition's driving runs.
Edun - 6.5 - At his best going forward, got caught out for their winner.
Grant - 7.5 - MoM. A huge role, always available, you have to be cool and super confident to take two penalties and score them with ease. Is going to be a big miss.
McGrandles - 7 - Has become a very hard working vice captain.
Johnson - 7 - A better performance, they were scared of him. Just didn't quite deliver enough.
Rogers - 5.5 - Too selfish and immature. Still thinks he is the big talent on the pitch and wants to show it, often to the detriment of the team.
Scully - 7.5 - Worked his socks off.
Hopper - 6.5 - Tireless performance but you have to finish such goal scoring opportunities and put games beyond doubt.