Rate The Players v Ipswich Town | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Ipswich Town

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Well, I always thought we would need two because Wilson was almost guaranteed to score. A point is fine for now, still only two away defeats all season and the games are beginning to run out. Two wins from the next two home games puts us in a great position and may virtually eliminate the likes of Accrington and Charlton from catching us. Perhaps ticking off one of the chasing pack each week is the way to go, and Bridcutt and Walsh should be back in a week or three. Fasten your seatbelts.

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is 5pm on Thursday.

Palmer
Eyoma
Montsma
Jackson
Bramall
Edun
McGrandles
Jones
Rogers
Johnson
Hopper

Everybody was in positive territory after the first half. Everybody slid back in the second half. It ended up a bit of a meh performance after such a good opening 45, which is reflected in my marks.

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6
Montsma 6
Jackson 6
Bramall 6.5
Edun 6
McGrandles 6.5
Jones 6
Rogers 7
Johnson 6
Hopper 6

Palmer 6.5
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 6.5
Jackson 6.5
Bramall 6.5
Edun 7.5
McGrandles 7
Jones 7
Rogers 8
Johnson 7
Hopper 7

Probably one of those games where if we defended the free kick better, everyone would be raving about how good of a job we did grinding it out.

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 7
Jackson 6.5
Bramall 6.5
Edun 6.5
McGrandles 7
Jones 6.5
Rogers 7.5
Johnson 6.5
Hopper 6

Palmer 6 Has to be par because he had so little to do

Eyoma 6 Perfectly fine and no errors but not quite at earlier match levels
Montsma 6.5 Looked very secure for most of the match
Jackson 7 His sole blip was losing Wilson but other than that a very dominant defensive performance
Bramall 6.5 Quicksilver down the left flank first half.

Edun 6 Did pretty well but still turns into trouble a few too many times.
Jones 6 Plenty of effort and energy
McGrandles 6.5 Did the simple things very well

Rogers 7.5 What a stunning goal. Plus worked very hard supporting Bramall all match
Johnson 6.5 Dangerous first half and was also noticeably helping out defensively
Hopper 6 Lots of running as usual and made sure Nsiala got the ball more often than their better footballers

It was a game of two halves, Ron. Excellent controlled first half, second half could hardly find a pass. Sometimes it happens, and with young side punching way above its weight, we should be grateful for the point, that first half and yet another worldie.

Palmer 7 - couple of basketball moments but sound otherwise, distribution ok.
Eyoma 7 - dynamic first half, second.. could repeat 10 times, but TJ was back to form.
Montsma 7 - back fo his best, solid defending, some of those 50 yard diagonal bombs.
Jackson 7.5 - great throughout, except for losing his man (and my MoM vote) for the equaliser
Bramall 8 - really showed his pace in attack and defence, improved enormously in last couple of games.
Edun 7 - a bit slow on the ball after Saturday, but developing as a CM. Unfortunate soft booking and early sub.
McGrandles 7.5 - worked and harried up to recent standard, material in closing down Ipswich back 4 throughout.
Jones 7 - as McGrandles though one of several offenders as passing accuracy fell away in 2nd half.
Rogers 8 - superb goal, worked well with Bramall in first half but faded in 2nd, not alone in that.
Johnson 7.5 - real threat and good defensive work, missed a chance to win after a defensive error late on.
Hopper 7 - usual work rate, defensive support and persistent harrying of the defence.

Hopper 6 Lots of running as usual and made sure Nsiala got the ball more often than their better footballers
Noticed throughout the match that Hopper pressed whoever had the ball at the back except Nsiala! Just left him to let his natural talent shine through.

Noticed throughout the match that Hopper pressed whoever had the ball at the back except Nsiala! Just left him to let his natural talent shine through.
It's a tactic we've used a few times this season. The Crewe centre half (name escapes me) is another one that was targeted prominently.

It's a tactic we've used a few times this season. The Crewe centre half (name escapes me) is another one that was targeted prominently.
My point was that Nsiala wasn't targeted in possession, they knew sooner or later his passing or control would let him down. Though he and Bogle are both high on the Bambi-on-ice index.

My point was that Nsiala wasn't targeted in possession, they knew sooner or later his passing or control would let him down. Though he and Bogle are both high on the Bambi-on-ice index.
Yes indeed, to clarify I was referring the targeting as deliberately allowing them possession.

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 7
Jackson 6
Bramall 7.5
Edun 6
McGrandles 6
Jones 5
Rogers 8 MotM :clap:
Johnson 6.5
Hopper 6

Palmer 7
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 6.5
Jackson 7
Bramall 7
Edun 6.5
McGrandles 6
Jones 6
Rogers 7.5
Johnson 6.5
Hopper 6

Palmer 6
Eyoma 6
Montsma 6.5
Jackson 6
Bramall 6.5
Edun 6.5
McGrandles 7
Jones 6.5
Rogers 7.5
Johnson 6.5

Hopper 6.5

Scores reflect the lack of possession and creativity during majority of second half.

Palmer - 6.5
Eyoma - 6
Montsma - 6.5
Jackson - 6.5
Bramall - 6.5
Edun - 6.5
McGrandles - 6
Jones - 6
Rogers - 7
Johnson - 6. 5
Hopper - 6

Palmer - 6.5 - Little to do all game, but looked more confident than recently

Eyoma - 6.5 Excellent first half, but seemed reluctant to get forward second. Suits our passing game better than Poole in my opinion
Montsma - 6.5 Solid again, but needs to get back those driving runs out of defence.
Jackson - 6.0 Bad error for the goal in losing his man, but otherwise dependable
Bramall - 6.5 Best 45 minutes so far from him first half. Like Eyoma, did not seem to be able to get forward second half.

Edun - 6.5 - Tayo is the key to us getting a top two finish in my view as Bridcutt is still weeks away from a return. Good first half, but not as influential after half time. Would not blame him at all for the goal - in that position he will always give away free kicks (just like Bridcutt did).
McGrandles - 6 Hard working without reaching the heights of the last few games.
Jones - 5.5 - Struggled to influence the game at all.

Rogers - 6.5 Great first half and goal, then disappeared (again) second half.
Johnson - 6. 5 As per Rogers, although his defending has improved no end.
Hopper - 6 Struggled to get into the game as much as previously

Overall, this was two points lost rather than one gained. We seemed to think all we had to do to win was just turn up after half time, with that youthful arrogance coming to the fore again. Without an old head on the pitch to stop that happening, I suppose it is the price of youth. It has already cost us points though, and may be the difference between automatic and play-offs.

Palmer. 6
Eyoma. 6.5
Montsma 7
Jackson.6.5
Bramall. 6.5
Edun 7.5
McGrandles 7
Jones. 6.5
Rogers. 7.5
Johnson. 7
Hopper 6