Rate The Players v Hull City | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Hull City

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Sorry for the delay in posting this thread.

It is not due to a lack of impetus after a defeat to a near rival, and seeing them celebrate what should have been our promotion on the Sincil Bank pitch.

No, it isn't that.

It is not due to the realisation that we are bound for the play-offs at best.

Not even that.

It is not even due to the realisation that the smug Darren 'I have a job in football because of my father's reputation' Ferguson and his odious, self-entitled and over-funded Peatbog United side are going up ahead of us.

No, it is nothing to do with any of those things.

If you must know, I have been in the garden all afternoon in the sun with a bottle of Vodka, Kahlua and Baileys (Mudslide City) and cannot really walk anymore. That is enough to delay most things.

So.

6.0 is the par score etc.

Deadline is sometime on Monday. Ish.

Palmer
Poole
Eyoma
Montsma
Edun
Grant
McGrandles
Johnson
Rogers
Scully
Morton

Bramall

Palmer 7
Poole 6.5
Eyoma 7
Montsma 7.5
Edun 7
Grant 6.5
McGrandles 7
Johnson 7.5
Rogers 6.5
Scully 6
Morton 8

Bramall 7

Palmer 7 Showed good control of his area and made a couple of very good saves. Showed his hand too early on the penalty

Poole 5 I wavered a bit on this one to be honest. Wasn't doing too bad up until that brain fart challenge which ultimately was the reason we lost. Mistakes happen. React and move on quickly

Eyoma 6.5 Did pretty well against two good (for our level) strikers

Montsma 7 Same as with TJ and gets that extra half for the goal

Edun 6 A few wayward passes and Wilks gave him a difficult afternoon

Grant 6 Took his time to get into the rhythm of the game, yet it was clicking when his hour was up. That shows promise for the remaining games

McGrandles 6.5 Uncomplicated but not as impactful as on other games

Johnson 6.5 Some good touches and unlucky at the death

Rogers 6 Bit peripheral and did most of his good work at the back

Scully 6 Other than the corner for Lewis struggled to make an impact

Morton 7.5 Very hard working performance leading the line. Worked their defence all match

Bramall 6 Did fine. Not much else to add there

Palmer 6.5 didn't have loads to do but did make the odd decent save. I never fancy him for pens but maybe I'm being harsh!
Poole 5.5 did alright, but marks off for the penalty (blame up for debate) and being less good on the ball today
Eyoma 7 very accomplished again at CB
Montsma 6.5 mixed bag. I'm not 100 percent certain how much blame for either goal and it's a terrific hit by magennis but feel like he might be better next to Jackson or Walsh. Took goal well.
Edun 7 decent in two positions again. Most improved player (say it every week)
Grant 6 wasn't quite up to speed but I'd say got better and was playing well by the time he went off! Right to save his legs
McGrandles 7 I think we were worse when he went off.
Johnson 7 best attacker for us, ghosts past people
Rogers 5.5 quiet game for him. Could have got tighter for first goal, but someone tried it second half and he took them and the ball well. Will learn.
Scully 5.5 good corner as mentioned elsewhere but not sure he's made the most of his starts
Morton 6.5 absolute shift but better when the balls are for him to run on to, not back to goal. Gets mugged off by refs as he's a bit weak on the odd challenge, so doesn't get free kicks he does deserve later.

Bramall 6 a couple of charging runs but no meaningful impact

Palmer 7
Poole 6
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 6.5
Edun 6.5
Grant 6.5
McGrandles 6.5
Johnson 6.5
Rogers 6.5
Scully 6
Morton 6.5

Bramall 6

Palmer - 7
Poole - 6
Eyoma - 6.5
Montsma - 6
Edun - 6.5
Grant - 6
McGrandles - 6.5
Johnson - 6.5
Rogers - 6
Scully - 5.5
Morton - 6.5

Bramall - 6.5

Palmer - 6.5
Poole - 7.5
Montsma - 7
Eyoma - 7.5
Edun - 7.5
McGrandles - 7.5
Grant - 7.5
Scully - 6
Johnson - 7.5
Rogers - 7
Morton - 8

Bramall - 7

Palmer 6.5
Poole 5.5
Eyoma 6.5
Montsma 7.5
Edun 6
Grant 6.5
McGrandles 7
Johnson 6
Rogers 6
Scully 6
Morton 6.5

Bramall 6

Palmer 6.5 - some decent saves, handling, better distribution. Thoroughly Akinde'd with the pen.
Poole 5.5 - poor decision making for the pen, otherwise reasonably sound without being stand out.
Eyoma 6.5 - another good educational afternoon against the likely champions, solid defending and confident on the ball.
Montsma 7 - unlucky as their first could have been cancelled out for high boot. Rest of afternoon as TJ plus that delicious volley for his goal.
Edun 7.5 - despite having his hands full defensively, always creative and involved getting forward and maintained that when moved to midfield.
Grant 6.5 - good to see him back, too deep at times and (non) fouled when got forward, getting and maintaining fitness key for the rest of the season.
McGrandles 6.5 - not as stand-out as recent games, but battled hard.
Johnson 7 - fizzled in and out, nearly saved point with late run and shot off post.
Rogers 6.5 - anonymous first half, better second including some good defensive work.
Scully 6 - disappointing afternoon, his starts are 50-50 strong or anonymous and this was the latter.
Morton 7.5 - evolving into Hopper 2.0 with every game, really put in a shift. Little help from bad ref, fluffed one goal chance.

Bramall 6.5 - pace and control beneficial and ok defensively.

Palmer 7
Poole 6
Eyoma 7
Montsma 6.5
Edun 7.5
Grant 6
McGrandles 6.5
Johnson 6.5
Rogers 5.5
Scully 5
Morton 6.5

Bramall 7