Rate The Players v Gillingham | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Gillingham

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Feel free to rate if watched on iFollow.

Deadline is 5pm on Tuesday.

Vickers
Eardley
Connolly
Shackell
Toffolo
Andrade
Chapman
Pett
Hesketh
Payne
Walker

Akinde
Bolger
Anderson

Vickers 5
Eardley 4
Connolly 3
Shackell 3
Toffolo 5
Andrade 5
Chapman 3
Pett 3
Hesketh 3
Payne 1
Walker 3

Akinde 4
Bolger 3
Anderson 2

Hard to get any positives out of this.
Poorest performance I've seen for a long time.

Vickers 5
Eardley 4
Connolly 5
Shackell 4
Toffolo 5
Andrade 5
Chapman 3
Pett 3
Hesketh 3
Payne 3
Walker 3

Akinde 4
Bolger 4
Anderson 3

Vickers - 6.5. No chance with the goal.
Eardley - 6. Poor by his standards. Did at least put over one decent cross right at the end when Akinde headed wide.
Connolly - 5.5. Seems to have gone off form again.
Shackell - 5.5. Weak header for the goal but otherwise did OK.
Toffolo - 6.5. Not the worst player today.
Andrade - 6.5. As with Toffolo. Probably our main threat and set up Walker at the end.
Chapman - 5. Largely ineffective.
Pett - 5.5. Was at least in the game but rarely able to get us moving forward.
Hesketh - 5.5. Not always effective.
Payne - 5.5. As Payne.
Walker - 6. Seemed to fade out of the game after Akinde came on but gets 6 for at least giving their keeper something to do right at the end.

Akinde - 5.5. As with Pett - was in the game but not always effectively.
Bolger - 6. Better than Connolly.
Anderson 5.5. Didn't really do much.

From watching on ifollow... i think some marks on here a bit harsh.. we lost 1 0 away from home in a reasonably even, all be it poor, game.

Vickers 6
Eardley 5.5 okay 2nd half
Connolly 5
Shackell 5.5 okay apart from costly error
Toffolo 6
Andrade 6
Chapman 5 couldnt impose himself
Pett 4.5 looked really off the pace
Hesketh 5
Payne 5
Walker 5 largely anonymous

Akinde 6.5 improved the team
Bolger 6.5
Anderson 5.5

Had a nights sleep to recover from the shock of how bad that game really was so now all marks are possibly one mark higher than they deserve. Vickers. 5 No real shots to save and basics were ok but kicking was abysmal as per.
Eardley 2. Oh dear Neil, put one decent cross in and passing was shocking. Outmuscled and out paced
Shackell. 2 Bullied by Mandron, good assist for their goal.
Connelly 4. Part of the shambles but at least tried to get stuck in, subbing him instead of Pett or Chapman was strange.
Toffolo 5. Hardly ever got over the half way line, one surging run in the last few minutes of the game. Defended ok but by his high standards he was below par.
Pett. 1 Weak and Woeful, cannot remember one moment of meaningful contribution in the game.
Chapman. 1 Weak and Woeful, as per Pett. Actually won a tackle in the 85th minute and drew a foul in the 87th and that was as good as it got.
And to think Alan Power and Jon Nolan used to get stick.
Payne. 3. Weak and Woeful, gained a point for running a lot
Hesketh. 3 Weak and Woeful, gained a point for running lot.
Andrade 2 Along with Payne the corners and free kicks were abysmal, brushed off the ball easily and dived around like a fairy.
Walker. 2. Physical powder puff, no service but the least fans should expect is for a striker to challenge for the ball and draw the occasional foul but Tyler couldn’t be arsed. Our one attempt on target with a tame header from a good opportunity in the 92nd minute. Forest won’t be knocking on our door to take him back in January.

Bolger 6. Did what Bolger does, nothing fancy but won his headers and matched their physical approach
Akinde. 6 Challenged for every ball launched up to him and imposed himself on their CBs, won several flicks ons. MoM for 45 minutes of effort and willingness to challenge for the ball. Received one good cross and his flicked header skidded just wide in injury time, this was our only bit of quality play in the entire game.
Anderson. 4. No attacking threat, mostly playing as a 2nd fullback covering Eardley.

From watching on ifollow... i think some marks on here a bit harsh.. we lost 1 0 away from home in a reasonably even, all be it poor, game.

Vickers 6
Eardley 5.5 okay 2nd half
Connolly 5
Shackell 5.5 okay apart from costly error
Toffolo 6
Andrade 6
Chapman 5 couldnt impose himself
Pett 4.5 looked really off the pace
Hesketh 5
Payne 5
Walker 5 largely anonymous

Akinde 6.5 improved the team
Bolger 6.5
Anderson 5.5
I wish that I had watched it on ifollow instead of travelling to Gillingham and freezing my nuts off in a crap 15 year old temporary stand. After sleeping on it I think I was a bit gernerous with my scorning.