Rate The Players v Burton Albion | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Burton Albion

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too. That is the interesting bit for us exiles.

Deadline is 5pm on Monday.

Griffiths
Poole
Montsma
Eyoma
Robson
Bishop
Sorensen
Fiorini
Adelakun
N'Lundulu
Scully

Griffiths 8 Solid handling throughout and some excellent saves including a absolute world class one in injury time.

Poole 8 Made captain and led from the front. So many blocks and headed clearances plus the assist for the winner with a good piece of attacking play

Montsma 7 Stood up well to their pressure

Eyoma 7 Also stood up well and seems more settled on the left side, not that it is his best side yet

Robson 7 Dealt well with Burtons constant tactic of a cross field ball to Akins on his wing and rarely let him get the better of him

Bishop 7 Bit reserved in the holding role, but kept to the task and kept it simple

Sorensen 6.5 Some glimpses of what he can offer but all too often the match passed him by

Fiorini 7.5 Excellent in the first half. Less so in the second but always looking for the ball

Adelakun 6.5 Okay without making a significant contribution

N'Lundulu 7.5 Really good strong leading the line performance. Probably should have scored very early on, but overall an excellent 85 minutes today

Scully 7.5 Livewire throughout and reacted well to the loose ball for the winner. Should have scored again late on but we'll let him off

(Watched on ifollow)

Griffiths 9
Poole 7
Montsma 6.5
Eyoma 6
Robson 6.5
Bishop 6.5
Sorensen 6
Fiorini 7 (seem to fade in the 2nd half)
Adelakun 6.5
N'Lundulu 7 (promising)
Scully 6.5

Odd game in a way. We looked well in control and as if we could break them down pretty much at will, but for some reason made life difficult for ourselves by keeping giving the ball away and spurning two superb chances late on. Guess that’s down to fitness and a young side.

Griffiths - 9 - well in control, dominated his area, distribution was pretty good and made three superb saves. Saved the team from dropping a point. My MoM.
Poole - 8.5 - played a blinder. Superb leadership as captain. Defended well and great assist for Scully’s goal.
Montsma - 8 - solid throughout. Noticed he played the long diagonal ball less than usual and concentrated on shorter through balls 🤔.
Eyoma - 7 - solid defending but must cut out the loose passes as it’ll cost us in some games.
Robson - 7 - still settling in. Great defending but less effective going forward (I know he has it in his game).
Bishop - 7 - restricted a bit playing holding role? Faded a bit but played well.
Sorensen - 7 - got about the pitch well, solid enough and great assist for Fiorini’s goal.
Fiorini - 7.5 - great young talent and still learning the game. Faded a bit later on but gave his all and superb goal.
Adelukan - 6.5 - superb first half and had their FB on toast. Faded as the game went on but still tried hard to play for the team. More to come from him 👍
N’Lundulu - 6.5 - played well as a target man and could have scored early. More to come from him 👍
Scully - 6.5 - quieter than usual but still managed to score a great goal. Will be kicking himself for hitting the post from 2ft which would have made the win a lot more confortable.

Griffiths. 9 Did not put a foot wrong and three big saves.
Poole. 9. Captains performance both at the back and going forward. Future long term captain me thinks, if we can keep hold of him.
Montsma. 7.5 Back to his assured self. Kept it simple, but withstood the Burton battering well.
Eyoma. 7. A bit of a nervy start and can give the ball away carelessly, but grew into the game.
Robson. 7.5. Tidy and did well in the air despite not being the tallest.
Bishop. 7.5 Some lovely touches. Played the holding role well, but did tire.
Sorensen. 7. A good performance but alongside the whole midfield, tired in the second half. Nice midfield triangles from the three players.
Fiorini. 8. Classy operator. Good touch and can finish, a nice combination to have in our midfield.
Adelukan. 7. Started on fire, and had the full back on toast, but did fade.
Nlundulu.7.5. Missed a good chance early doors, but did not let it affect his confidence. Just needs a goal, but very promising signs and good rapport with the imps fans.
Scully. 7.5 just a live wire. Still can't believe how he missed at the end. A front three with big potential particularly on the counter attack.

Griffiths. 9.5 Outstanding. Those early season mistakes seem a long time ago after his performance in the past few games.

Poole. 9.5 Just keeps getting better. Gone is the negative passing full back of last season, and as others have said, seemed to rise to the responsibility of being captain.
Montsma. 8.5 Fine display against a barrage of high balls.
Eyoma. 8. Definitely the best partner for Montsma.
Robson. 7 Did OK, but offered little going forward and seems slightly lacking in confidence after his roasting two games ago.

Bishop. 7 Not suited to the holding midfield role, and as a result was fairly anonymous
Sorensen. 7.5. Lots of energy and the occasional probing pass.
Fiorini. 8.5. Whereas we all though Bishop would be the replacement for Grant, it may well turn out to be Fiorini. Showed his class once again today.

Adelukan. 7. Like Rogers last season, Adelukan is the unpredictable player any decent side needs.
Nlundulu.7. Did Ok, but clearly still very raw. There is a player there, once he improves his first touch and gets some confidence in his finishing.
Scully. 7.5 Not sure what we would do without him. Yes, awful miss at the end, but a cool finish for his goal, which was not as easy as it looked.

Hi Perth. Don’t want to be pedantic but it was Bishop with the assist for Fiorini.
Oops - apologies. I’ll have to check the playback but I remember Sorensen playing a great ball through to someone - thought it was Fiorini but I must have got confused - easy at my age 🤪🤯

Oops - apologies. I’ll have to check the playback but I remember Sorensen playing a great ball through to someone - thought it was Fiorini but I must have got confused - easy at my age 🤪🤯

Easy at any age. I've been confused my whole life.

Griffiths 9. Great performance. Obviously Palmer would have caught the last second tip around the post to save the heart palpitations from the goal line scramble ( I still don’t do olive)
Poole. 7. Won a lot of headers and got a deflected assist. Strong game.
Montsma. 7. Looks back to his confident self. Defended well and used the ball well except for first half gaff when his misplaced square ball let in Jebbison for a one on one with Griffiths.
Eyoma. 6. Sloppy passing first half, held firm in the last 10 minutes onslaught.
Robson. 6. Ok defensively but didn’t get forward much.
Sorensen. 6. Good for an hour and faded after Bishop went off. Mainly tidy and safe.
Bishop 7 very good for an hour as he drove us forward from his holding role. Linked midfield together with clever passing and it showed how good he was by how we struggled when he tired and was subbed.
Fiorini. 7.5. He showed touches of class with vision and skill for his goal and clever passing. Looked a bit lightweight when we were under pressure and that’s where he needs to improve.
Adelukan 6.5. 8 for his first half when he looked electric and beat his fullback at will and was our forward outlet. 5 for his 2nd half when he looked knackered and didn’t pose a threat. He sat a bit deeper to hold his position to protect Poole a bit more than of late though.
Nlundulu. 7. Nice to have a CF to run the channels and try to run at defenders. Very opposite to Hopper and offers a great option. Great battle with Bozzie and showed we have got ourselves a good loaner here.
Scully. 7. Took his goal very well, it wasn’t an easy finish and an inch away from a second when his tap in attempt just nicked the inside of the post. He always looked a threat though and linked up well with Fiorini and Nlundulu.

Griffiths - 9. Two outstanding saves in the second half. Didn't have a great deal to do before the break.
Poole - 8. Excellent defending.
Montsma - 7. Also defended well. Tried to be too clever once or twice.
Eyoma - 7. Stood up well to the barrage of long throws and corners.
Robson - 7. Always in control on his side of the defence.
Bishop - 6. Less prominent than usual going forward due to playing the holding role.
Sorensen - 6. Got through a lot of work but made one or two errors.
Fiorini 7. Did well with the goal. Less prominent in the second half apart from playing Longdon through.
Adelakun - 6. Had a good first half and maybe should have scored. Faded in the second half.
N'Lundulu - 6. Battled for the ball well, but can't always beat three men. Like Fiorini, is still learning what League One is all about.
Scully - 7. Fairly quiet first half. Well-taken goal - should have had two.