Rate The Players v Bristol Rovers | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Bristol Rovers

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Not much to be said about that. Or is there?

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline 5pm on Monday due to the Rochdale game.

Vickers
Eardley
Bostwick
Shackell
Toffolo
Connolly
Anderson
Morrell
Andrade
Payne
Walker

Bolger

Vickers 6.5 didn't have a lot to do but thought his kicking was decent.
Eardley 6 never a penalty but too many loopy crosses
Bostwick 6 fine in the time he was on
Shackell 6 few misjudgements but generally fine
Toffolo 6 not as much as a force as usual
Connolly 6 don't notice him loads, when he made a mistake made up for it well.
Morrell 7.5 best player on the park imo, some really good forward passes and breaks the play up well.
Andrade 7 most likely to make something happen of the front four, some direct runs.
Payne 5.5 good player and had a good effort early on but I'm getting a bit fed up of him losing it around the box. Never seen those flicked balls in the air or little chips into the boxresult in a goal. All fancy no end product sometimes (my opinion only!)
Walker 6.5 not sure he should have come off as he's the only one I'd really want the ball to fall to tbh

Bolger 6.5 solid I thought, don't think he should have come out the side

Vickers - 7. One good save. Didn't have much else to do except face a penalty.
Eardley - 6.5. Did OK. Some good crosses.
Bostwick - 7. His usual self. A candidate for man of the match even though he only played half of it.
Shackell - 6. Not the best I've seen him play.
Toffolo - 6.5. Got forward well in second half.
Connolly - 5.5. Not very effective most of the time.
Anderson 6. Not at his best.
Morrell - 7. My man of the match. Was the only one doing anything in midfield until O'Connor came on.
Andrade - 7. Tried to get things going in attack.
Payne 5. Ineffective.
Walker - 6. Had one good chance. Did his best without much support.

Bolger - 6.5. Looked better than Shackell today.

Vickers 7 Handling and distribution fine. Decent first half save and beaten only by the never in a million years penalty.
Eardley 6 To say he was unlucky in conceding the penalty is an understatment but he was caught a few times on the ball and crossing was ineffective
Bostwick 7 Very solid first half with some good defensive blocks and tackles. One clearance was nearly the pass of the season
Shackell 7 Covered well at the back getting Eardley out of one dodgy pass first half with ease
Toffolo 6.5 Linked well with Andrade in trying to get things going down the left

Morrell 7 My MOM. Kept going all match and on another day his late shot wouldn't have been blocked and could have gotten us a point
Connelly 6 Still settling into the team but unable to impose himself on the match

Anderson 6 Usual energy but no end product
Payne 6 One run and shot first half was about as good as it got for Jack
Andrade 6 Similar story. Energy and effort but no real end product

Walker 6 Really doesn't look happy in a lone striker role. Couldn't get into the game

Bolger 6.5 Slotted in for Bossie and did what was required

Vickers - 7
Eardley - 5
Bostwick - 6
Shackell - 6
Toffolo - 6
Connolly - 5
Anderson - 5
Morrell - 7 MotM
Andrade - 6
Payne - 5
Walker - 6

Bolger - 6

Vickers 6.5 Not much to save apart from one flying tip-over. Excellent distribution.
Eardley 6.0 Solid performance. Ludicrous penalty awarded against him
Bostwick 6.5 Typically committed
Shackell 6.5 Defensively good but expected more leadership from him.
Toffolo 7.0 Worked hard going forward, probably most likely to make something happen.
Connolly 5.0 Very disappointing after promising debut.
Anderson 5.5 Love him for his work rate defensively but continues to offer little going forwards. Rarely seems able to beat his man these days, too often static when receiving the ball, poor crosses and often poor choice of pass. Sorry.
Morrell 7.0 Very neat and tidy, quality player.
Andrade 6.0 Should be as dangerous as Walker but doesn't seem happy at the moment.
Payne 6.0 Hard-working, lovely touch and close control but continues to be frustratingly ineffective. A wasted talent so far.
Walker 6.0 A proper player but so much bounced away from him. Not a target man but will be prolific if we can get the ball to him in the box.

Bolger 6.5 Did well on his "wrong" side. One superb block to prevent likely goal.

No faulting the effort of the team (much better than Wycombe). Just a bit rudderless, lacking any luck, dreadful referee, little support for Walker, lack of creativity, dreadful striker for striker substitution. Proud of the crowd. Steeling myself for some more poor results over the coming weeks but I'll be there.

Vickers - 6.5
Eardley - 6
Bostwick - 6
Shackell - 6
Toffolo - 6.5
Connolly - 5
Anderson - 5.5
Morrell - 6.5
Andrade - 5.5
Payne - 6
Walker - 6

Bolger - 6.5