Rap music thread | Vital Football

Rap music thread

I haven’t listened to much outside the usual mainstream ones, and hope someone else puts the likes of 2Pac‘S Ghetto Gospel (with Elton John) or Eminem’s Without Me to convert some of the others on here.

My favourite one is usually:

I'm not a big rap fan but that's not because I don't like it, more because I just haven't really educated myself about it enough. Lots of it that I hear I do like. So I'm really looking forward to listening to the tunes people post on this thread, and also reading the comments too. Cheers Bromley!

I am a fan of NWA. I remember when I first heard Straight Outta Compton. I've got a copy and it still gets played occasionally.

Nobody ever wrote a song called, 'Fuck the Fire Brigade!' ;-)

My beef was not with the existence of rap, but whether I would classify it as music.

I would regard it more as a type of poetry and I can see how it can be used to put a message across.

A lot of it seems to be angry and political and IMO there seems be a lot of posturing.

Anyway, that is just an old gimmer's view and it is clearly not aimed at me.

I hate the constant use of the "N" word in rap, or any other kind of music. It`s a hateful word and i`ll challenge anyone using it, regardless of the ethnic look of the person/s saying/"singing" it - no excuses

I hate the constant use of the "N" word in rap, or any other kind of music. It`s a hateful word and i`ll challenge anyone using it, regardless of the ethnic look of the person/s saying/"singing" it - no excuses

What about ho and bitch? - I am not quite sure why the me-too movement have not gone after rappers.

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2316110, member: 13675"It`s a hateful word and i`ll challenge anyone using it, regardless of the ethnic look of the person/s saying/"singing" it - no excuses[/QUOTE]

Even Joseph Conrad and/or Mark Twain (to name just two)?

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2316110, member: 13675"It`s a hateful word and i`ll challenge anyone using it, regardless of the ethnic look of the person/s saying/"singing" it - no excuses

Even Joseph Conrad and/or Mark Twain (to name just two)?[/QUOTE]

If I see them and they say it, yep, i`ll have a word ;) Still undecided as to whether i`m going to pull their statues down though.......

My beef was not with the existence of rap, but whether I would classify it as music.

I would regard it more as a type of poetry and I can see how it can be used to put a message across.

A lot of it seems to be angry and political and IMO there seems be a lot of posturing.

Anyway, that is just an old gimmer's view and it is clearly not aimed at me.
IIRC, Eminem actually won a poetry award for some of his stuff. I'm a big fan of his (I know he's a bit mainstream so that probably makes me a plastic) but not into rap per se and I only stick it on when I need waking up a bit. Great for the gym 💪