Rant of the day | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rant of the day

India has the fastest growing economy and are set to overtake the UK as the 5 th biggest world . These factories are worse than our Victorian workhouses from 150 years ago. It does not add up.

He got 7 years so maybe 4 or less to serve. He has suspected autism, personality defect, had a stroke and is mostly blind. After serving his sentence they need to decide if he should be kept in a mental hospital or maybe Broadmoor is where he should be , not prison. He will need supervision and dedicated care being blind , a waste of a prison officer.

Yesterdays terror attack in Streatham was sickening enough. Then I found out the perpetrator had been jailed in 2018 for terrorist offences for 4 years and let out early. WTF ?

Jamaican Deportation Flight

Is it wrong to have a policy to deport non UK nationals who are visiting or staying in this country and commit awful crimes?

People who live here temptorarily whilst maybe trying to gain UK residency who go about their business legally are most welcome surely.

If the govt tried to deport law abiding residents for other reasons then that may be wrong and against their human rights and should the govt apologise to those individuals?

But should those who abuse their stay be shown the door?

Is there a danger that the govt could keep changing the goal posts in future though and introduce deportation for lesser reasons?

Discuss.

Is it wrong to have a policy to deport non UK nationals who are visiting or staying in this country and commit awful crimes?

People who live here temptorarily whilst maybe trying to gain UK residency who go about their business legally are most welcome surely.

If the govt tried to deport law abiding residents for other reasons then that may be wrong and against their human rights and should the govt apologise to those individuals?

Is there a danger that the govt could keep changing the goal posts in future though and introduce deportation for lesser reasons?

Discuss.

I thought each case was reviewed by the Courts or a Judge before allowing deportation. That would hopefully stop the govt acting wrongly. I am not comfortable with it 100%. Each case needs individual assessment. One 17 year old came here when he was 2. Got into drug dealing or selling and got deported. But we dont know his criminal record before that or how many times he offended.

Discuss.

I'm completely comfortable with it; International prisoner transfers and requests for deportation and of course extradition are all governed by international treaties and bilateral agreements.

If you're foreign and don't hold UK citizenship and you commit a crime, get sentenced then you should expect no special treatment just because you might have come from a former colonial colony; as far as I can see the process is free fair and transparent, even if the end result for some people is they go back to a prison or country that may not have the same standards as they enjoyed here.

As far as I'm concerned that's just tough and is a consequence of their criminality.

Of course, you have people like David Lammy who want to turn it into an issue of a different type; a racial issue. Despite some of the terrible heinous crimes that they have committed and been sentenced for Lammy couldn't stop himself from stirring the pot and playing the racial card by declaring "when will Black lives matter?"

To me it was a disgraceful piece of grandstanding that does no group, no community and the wider society any good. He's an MP and should be standing for the rule of law, something which shouldn't be used as a political football.

Most of us are sick to death of the daily crime we now endure and I want to see those that do it, no matter where they are from punished and returned from whence they may have come so that perhaps in the near future, they're not freed to just carry on as they did before.

Before they do what they do, perhaps they'll then understand actions have consequences.