Random Monday Stat | Vital Football

Random Monday Stat

nlondonimp

Vital Champions League
so far this season we have played eight teams that were also in league2 last season.
in the corresponding games last season our record was: w0 d4 L4.
this season it is w6 d1 L1. all the small gains adding up to an improvement from 4 points to nineteen points in eight re-matches.

highlights - last year / this year
exeter a 0-1 [and 1-3] / 3-0
cheltenham a 0-1 / 2-0
crewe h 1-4 / 1-0
p.vale a 0-1 / 6-2 [and 4-0!]

blemish
crawley h 0-0 / 0-1

I was looking at that on Saturday night.

We haven't played many of the 'top' teams but beat the two we have (MK and Exeter) and still beating the bottom sides, of which we've played quite a few of.

looking at the 6 teams that are new to league two this season, that we have already played. our record is:
p5 w4 d0 L1 points12 [2.4 ppg]

our overall record against the 6 teams that left the league last season:
p12 w5 d4 L3 points19 [1.58 ppg]

where is the banana skin, to keep expectations in check?

I think it is an inferior league this year. However we have only played Exeter and Tranmere away so far interms of any quality. Dreading both Colchester and Rabid Green Rovers. Think bury and oldham will be tough too.Newport trip is just horrible as well.

looking at the 6 teams that are new to league two this season, that we have already played. our record is:
p5 w4 d0 L1 points12 [2.4 ppg]

our overall record against the 6 teams that left the league last season:
p12 w5 d4 L3 points19 [1.58 ppg]

where is the banana skin, to keep expectations in check?
Mansfield of course:silly:

Strangely I think our banana skin may come at home. We are excellent at counter attack which benefits playing away. At home teams pack the defence making that far harder. The next two home games should be 6 points but we know it seldom works like that and if the other thread concerning Cambridge's frequent attempts on goal during matches continues they should not be underestimated

I think it is an inferior league this year. However we have only played Exeter and Tranmere away so far interms of any quality. Dreading both Colchester and Rabid Green Rovers. Think bury and oldham will be tough too.Newport trip is just horrible as well.

Why not just wave the white flag now and get it over with?

Why not just wave the white flag now and get it over with?

Methinks, there's a bit of traditional Imps fan in the mix here.

I, quite frankly, think we can beat anybody if we play to the best of our ability. Let's face it, we haven't done that very often this season and look where we are!

Not sure why you would dread playing any team this season; somehow, I think the boot will be on the other foot.

Methinks, there's a bit of traditional Imps fan in the mix here.

I, quite frankly, think we can beat anybody if we play to the best of our ability. Let's face it, we haven't done that very often this season and look where we are!

Not sure why you would dread playing any team this season; somehow, I think the boot will be on the other foot.

Love this Sy.

This team can beat anyone in this league. And I'm even tempted to say in the league above on our day.
If we can keep the off days where we're incapable to score to a minimum then we can be record breakers this season.

I am a naturally cautious person but i feel we have the strongest all round squad in the league. It might not be the biggest but the quality shines through. Due to the great management team we have got i cannot see anyone stopping us this season.
We have a mix of skill, strength and fitness unmatched by anyone else in the League.
Plus the best supporters in the League.
I am getting the same feelings i got during the Taylor Championship Season when it was patently obvious we were the best in the league and were going to win it.

i agree that even after two seasons it is difficult to shrug off the many years of false dawns/disappointment. i could see us losing at port vale, because we had beaten them in the cup... or messing up in multiple other ways.

there is a need to be constantly reminded that this is lincoln cowley fc rather than lincoln pre-cowley. it is still taking a while to fully sink in, but the 6-2 wins certainly help.

Just to recap, since Danny and Nicky arrived we have:

1) reached the quarter finals of the FA Cup as a non-League side
2) beaten a Premier League team at their place on the way
3) reached the semi-finals of the FA Trophy
4) won the National League for a second time
5) increased our gates as a non-League club from just under 2,600 to in excess of 5,000
6) before beginning our first campaign back in the Football League, sold a record number of season tickets at around 5,600
7) seen our gates continue to increase to over 8,000 average for the first time in 41 years
8) excelled in the Checkatrade Trophy, eventually winning our first ever Final appearance at Wembley with around 30,000 Imps fans in attendance
9) reached the Play-Off Semi-Finals at the end of our first season back
10) before starting our second season back in the Football League, seen our season ticket sales break the previous season's record, smashing the 6,000 barrier
11) seen our average gates increase to 8,650 with scope for that to increase
12) watched as our team have put themselves FOUR points clear at the top of the league
13) built our own training facility which will be the envy of many
14) seen continued and effective investment into the club

Have I missed anything?

All I would say is, wow, what a couple of years this has been. Thank God I didn't fall into a coma in early 2016!

Another stat, 9 of the players who took part in the Cambridge home game last season are no longer with us. What will the team look like in another 12 months !

Another stat, 9 of the players who took part in the Cambridge home game last season are no longer with us. What will the team look like in another 12 months !

Probably mostly similar being as most of those here now are on longer contracts than we used to have. I expect we'll still see incoming though.