Random famous faces at Sincil Bank | Vital Football

Random famous faces at Sincil Bank

NorthNottsImp

Vital Reserves Team
Sunday afternoon watching TV last week after large lunch. Raiders of the Lost Ark is on and my dad drops the bomb shell that we met Denholm Elliott at a Lincoln football match in the early 80s. I thought the old man was having a senior moment but he said was there, stood on the terrace with some RAF friends who he had served with locally during WW1. They had been on a 40th anniversary reunion in Lincoln and had decided to take in a match the following day. I was only 10/11 and have no recollection of it.
Has anybody met any other famous faces at SB?

Roy Keane spent pre-match in The Centre Spot during a Saturday home game in the 90's. Quite happy to chat and sign programs etc. He was there to 'support' his mate (O'Loughlin?) who was on loan to us from Forest as Manure didn't have a game.

Yep I have met Danny Cowley quite a few times at Sincil Bank. Even had several lengthy conversations with him. He is a pretty famous face now even beyond the confines of the Lincoln City support :grinning:

Trevor Francis, he had signed for Forest as the first 1m pound player, in 1979, and came down to Sincil Bank with the Forest Squad with his leg in plaster as a result of an injury that kept him out for 6 months, I was lurking around, near the players entrance and was looking for City players when I stepped back onto his injured foot/leg, he taught me the “F” word that day.
Ha Ha, still remember it as clear as day now, pity he didn’t reach his full potential though, he was a great player at the time.

Fred Trueman as a player in the early 1950's , a bit early for most on here maybe !

My old Dad was playing for City 'A' team at the same time as Fred. I think Fred was a centre forward and put himself about. Dad told me he had a big fall out one day and said he'ld never play for Lincoln again....and he didn't...that was Fred.

The old Rochdale chairman think Tommy Steele ( comedian ) Helen chamberlain off soccer am , Brian Harvey from east 17 away at Fulham one year ,although he was only in the pub , Steve mclaren on the way to tranmere couple of years back at Blyth services