RamsTV deal | Vital Football

RamsTV deal

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
As you know I have Ramstv and get the games live. Except that is for League Cup and FA Cup ties plus games shown on Sky/BT.

The Dutch rights are held by Ziggo. When they show a DCFC game live then it is obvious to me that RamsTV won't be able to make the live video available to me. Pure logic.

However, When Sky/BT are showing a DCFC game live in the UK and Ziggo choose NOT to broadcast it live, DCFC is still not allowed to make it available to me as that would be against Ziggo's rights agreement.

I have had email conversations with DCFC, EFL and Ziggo on this. Ziggo has the rights in the Netherlands to all DCFC games broadcast by Sky/BT. They cannot, under the terms of the agreement, waive their rights for games they choose not to broadcast and thereby allow DCFC to make the game available to RamsTV subscribers in the Netherlands.

How stupid is that? Totally illogical.

I actually don't see why we can't have RamsTV here in the UK. It would benefit the old, infirm and those with disabilities that preclude them from being able to actually get to the games.......The only thing I can see stopping it is the FA and their ruling that no live game kicking off at 3.00pm on a Saturday can be shown live in the UK....................WHY?

I actually don't see why we can't have RamsTV here in the UK. It would benefit the old, infirm and those with disabilities that preclude them from being able to actually get to the games.......The only thing I can see stopping it is the FA and their ruling that no live game kicking off at 3.00pm on a Saturday can be shown live in the UK....................WHY?

I suspect because, the top of the Premiership apart, attendances aren’t that great and they’re all too aware that once people break the habit and realise that they actually see more on a decent TV, don’t have to put up with traffic jams, being cold and wet, expensive and invariably crap beer/coffee and having some Neanderthal screaming nonsense near your ear, then they may just opt to stay at home long term and save a lot of money.
Jaundiced view I know but, as an example, during one of my most recent away trips (Birmingham) some cretin near me, when one of Brum’s black players was injured, actually shouted, ‘get back to the f***in’ jungle’ and when challenged by a look retorted...’I don’t f’kin care mate’.
Can do without it tbh.

Last edited:
TV has wrecked football anyway. There is too much of it! The billions that has been poured in has made it so different! Players on half a million a week while some are on 5 to 10 thousand, no wonder there's unrest in teams. Lets get rid of Sky and bring back match of the day showing two matches a week. It would be great to see football being played at weekends again and Wednesday night games being left open for cup replays!

I think the reason is quite simply that it would negatively affect gates across all divisions. All Dutch top flight games are available on Fox Sports and, not even Ajax, Feijenoord and PSV get capacity crowds.

TV has wrecked football anyway. There is too much of it! The billions that has been poured in has made it so different! Players on half a million a week while some are on 5 to 10 thousand, no wonder there's unrest in teams. Lets get rid of Sky and bring back match of the day showing two matches a week. It would be great to see football being played at weekends again and Wednesday night games being left open for cup replays!
Never gonna happen but thats exactly how I'd like to see things. One day someone will reinvent what I call '70s football' which might even allow the odd tackle to go unpunished

Agree 100% with the sentiment and let's show it in black and white too so no one will buy replica 5th away kits either as they wont know what colours they are!

Maybe the 70's showed too little but today is bloated overexposure, when an 8 year old can name the line ups in an Armenian 2nd division match because it was on Sky Football channel 17HD +1 Remix repeated 4 times in the week

Never gonna happen but thats exactly how I'd like to see things. One day someone will reinvent what I call '70s football' which might even allow the odd tackle to go unpunished

The closest thing to 70's football is the old firm derby.

Agree with much of that MoP, less really can be more, but before we get too dewy eyed about seventies football...things I don’t miss...pitches made of mud and sand, overflowing toilets, overt racism, hooliganism, Tommy Docherty.
On the other hand...please, please, please give us back our shirts without stupid logos ruining them, stop average (or even very good) footballers being paid obscene amounts of money and put the money into rehabilitating those who do experience long term injury/mobility issues as a result of their attempts to represent and entertain us.

Serious question...if Sky continues to ‘eat itself’ and the grounds start genuinely emptying...will people still want to watch on TV?

Look about you rA, if you are still stateside. Total TV saturation of the big 4 sports, wall to wall NFL televised matches in the season, about 2500 MLB games a season and probably most if not all of them televised.

Yet in the NFL I can only remember one or two games (in Jacksonville - a small city market) being blacked out for TV coverage as the game was not sold out. Baseball games still seem to be well attended despite there being so many and mostly televised.

So saturated TV coverage has not really caused stadium attendances to fall dramatically there: so would PL crowds dwindle? Sure end of season meaningless games may not sell out, but...

Anyway, the PL could simply bring in the NFL local black out rule - albeit that could be difficult as Sky/BTis a nationwide network rather than a local one, but technology can work wonders.

Good point RR, and yes I am...but don’t forget how selective Sky can be. As you know I grew up on Rugby League where crowds of 12,000-18,000 were the norm. They are now the exception and Sky virtually owns RL, but at a match I went to at Huddersfield against Catalan Dragons not long ago one side of the stadium was shut and about 30-50 folk had made the journey from Perpignan. Looking at the TV highlights the following morning of course no one knew about the closed stand - that’s where the cameras were - and they’d ‘cropped’ the picture to make it look as if the stands were packed with excitable French fans.

Latest Rams News