Ramsey getting the QPR job | Vital Football

Ramsey getting the QPR job

xvausch

Vital Football Hero
Starting to sound like Chirs Ramsey will be given the QPR job permanently.

Good for him, he's a good coach, and a very decent guy.

Looks can be decieveing and so can assumptions....... He will have a job holding on to a few.
Many ready to jump ship already.

dogeatdog - 5/5/2015 13:05

Looks can be decieveing and so can assumptions....... He will have a job holding on to a few.
Many ready to jump ship already.

I know one of the QPR players - he already has two potential deals lined up if they go down, he's also told me a few others have as well.

It's not hard to work out why, his salary will drop around 60% if he stays at the club after the drop - and so the assumption is the same will happen to a good few of them.

Can you blame them?

They got the team in the current situation so maybe a little loyalty is due ?.
Caulker will have 2 relegations from the prem on his cv... And yet it seems he's wanted at the spam or villa.
Players on 45 grand a week and more have proved to be below the required standard or application.

dogeatdog - 5/5/2015 17:42

They got the team in the current situation so maybe a little loyalty is due ?.
Caulker will have 2 relegations from the prem on his cv... And yet it seems he's wanted at the spam or villa.
Players on 45 grand a week and more have proved to be below the required standard or application.

Loyalty in today's game generally lasts as long as it takes to listen to their agents whisper in their ear about possible interest...

Come on dog, you know that as well as I do.

Of course I know that mate..... Just sticks in the throat a bit when players can't wait to get away.
You played your part in the relegation so why not show a bit of back bone.
Sure taking the pay cut you have hinted at is not desirable, but surely compromise on both sides could sort that..... Mind you no loyalty shown on both sides of the fence these days.

as rich as the QPR owners are, there is the potential of the massive £50m ish fine for breaking FFP the season before last and that in itself could cause an enforced selling of the bigger names and high earners if they can sell. We also can safely guess that some of the players on huge money, willow to sit tight or demand a pay off to leave.

All that might not make for an attractive club for a higher profile manager to come in, but might well be perfect for someone like Ramsey

dogeatdog - 6/5/2015 07:47

Of course I know that mate..... Just sticks in the throat a bit when players can't wait to get away.
Sure taking the pay cut you have hinted at is not desirable, but surely compromise on both sides could sort that..... Mind you no loyalty shown on both sides of the fence these days.

Even if they take a 50% pay cut most of them will still earn 20kish a week. lol Hardly life threatening is it?

If it was me and I was part of the team that went down I would do my bit to try and get them back up. At least a season.

dogeatdog - 6/5/2015 07:47

Great point - amazing that footballers want a piece when success is tasted but none of it when failure is met .... truly like the behaviour of a spoilt child!

oxfordspur - 6/5/2015 08:16

as rich as the QPR owners are, there is the potential of the massive £50m ish fine for breaking FFP the season before last and that in itself could cause an enforced selling of the bigger names and high earners if they can sell. We also can safely guess that some of the players on huge money, willow to sit tight or demand a pay off to leave.

All that might not make for an attractive club for a higher profile manager to come in, but might well be perfect for someone like Ramsey

And guess who bought most of those players in ?

I think the problem is that although we may say that we would bite the bullet and take a 50% pay cut, most people if offered parity with their current salary, will take that over the pay cut and as far as they would be concerned, ir isn't their problem or fault, but that of those around them, the managers for making bad decisions and the owners for allowing all the shite to happen