Rams receive huge interest in their vacant managers job | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rams receive huge interest in their vacant managers job

Any manager is a gamble, Jewel had a great record before coming to us, 1 thing you would have expected from Rowett would have been loyalty, Clements didn't bring the galactico style of play with him.

Bringing in Wenger or Sir Alex would be a gamble. Any Manager always is..........

So why are we wasting time discussing then Why keep blaming Mel when it goes wrong Its not his fault because whoever you choose its just a gamble

In all honesty who wanted Jim Smith, when his name was mentioned I was gutted, when he signed I nearly cried, I thought what a joke! The rest is history! No guarantees in this game!
Put Pep or Jose in charge at Rotherham with a £2million budget and see what they'd do!

Apart from the fact that he’d probably only be serving his apprenticeship before, if successful, returning to Chelsea I can’t see why Lampard would be such a bad idea. Knowledgeable, articulate, ambitious with good contacts. What’s so bad about that?

Wheres his track record in management and coaching? What makes him a good manager? Why is he destined to be a good manager why should we give him a chance?

1. He hasn’t got one.
2. Nothing yet.
3. He isn’t necessarily.
4. Because absolutely any appointment is a gamble and for the reasons I’ve given plus...McClaren, Pearson and Rowett had all the ‘track records’ you speak of. How did they work out?

1. He hasn’t got one.
2. Nothing yet.
3. He isn’t necessarily.
4. Because absolutely any appointment is a gamble and for the reasons I’ve given plus...McClaren, Pearson and Rowett had all the ‘track records’ you speak of. How did they work out?

So no reason for your endorsement other than his names Lampard then? And i thought you were someone who thought people should progress on the basis of merit and not because of their name or who they know?

Mac - 1 play off final 1 top half finish
Pearson never got the chance nor did Clement
Rowett improved on last seasons top half finish

Lampard's a rookie - no track record anywhere, why on earth except for the fact that he was a class player would a club like Derby give him his first job? Makes no sense and if experience as a manager doesn't matter, then why not put all the names of the available managers who want the job and pull one out at random? On your logic that would be just as good a way to pick the next manager.

Jesus...more stalking.
You do talk some bollux sometimes!
What have I written that suggests I’m influenced by his name?
Here are some facts for you...Lampard is a colossally experienced footballer who has played at the highest level...he also has a reputation for being extremely intelligent and articulate, who knows...he may even know more than you...he is a qualified coach and I would imagine has a number of very useful contacts which might lead to some very useful loans.
He might not be my first choice but we have gone down the experienced route many times...Davies, Clough, McClaren, Pearson, Rowett...and each time it has ended in tears.
With all that in mind it just might be a good idea. There are no guarantees and no one claims that there are, but I can see how Lampard’s reputation could be useful in attracting players to the club and his experience, intelligence and ambition could prove a useful combination.
That’s all...any appointment is a gamble and this would be no exception but at least climb down off your high horse, give your angry, negative rants a rest and, if appointed, give the guy a chance.

Latest Rams News