Rams receive huge interest in their vacant managers job | Vital Football

Rams receive huge interest in their vacant managers job

We need to have someone in this week to advertise the players we want to get shot of and actively go after incoming.

The Rams, despite their rumoured troubles, are proving a huge draw for prospective managers
https://derby.vitalfootball.co.uk/r...est-in-the-vacant-managers-post/#comment-1824
The Rams, despite their rumoured troubles, are proving a huge draw for prospective managers
https://derby.vitalfootball.co.uk/r...est-in-the-vacant-managers-post/#comment-1824

A friend of mine once applied for the manager's job at Notts County so as to prove to the job centre that he was actively seeking work. I suppose that the same could apply here.(n)

A friend of mine once applied for the manager's job at Notts County so as to prove to the job centre that he was actively seeking work. I suppose that the same could apply here.(n)

There are always those willing to chase the dream, please though NOT Lampard, really dont think we want to be the place he learns his trade as manager.

Lampard won't have a talented squad to look after themselves. Please not Lampard. He'll last 12 games, and we'll be in a relegation scrap. Hope I'm wrong.

Apart from the fact that he’d probably only be serving his apprenticeship before, if successful, returning to Chelsea I can’t see why Lampard would be such a bad idea. Knowledgeable, articulate, ambitious with good contacts. What’s so bad about that?

Maybe but what happened to the happy clappers when Kerwanker was appointed..................no body else urn up then?

Apart from the fact that he’d probably only be serving his apprenticeship before, if successful, returning to Chelsea I can’t see why Lampard would be such a bad idea. Knowledgeable, articulate, ambitious with good contacts. What’s so bad about that?
I am undecided, yes, he will have the contacts and he will certainly need the guidance of the Chelsea youth coach as a number two, but think Uncle H Redknapp may think he can get a few quid out of Derby by offering to be an advisor again, which would obviously be a mistake.

It is swings and roundabouts on this one but I think in the end we will settle for experience over possible talent.

I don't buy into the good contacts - he's never managed, so it's not like he has a good scouting network / knows all the agents etc. I'll support him if he gets the job, and gladly be wrong, but it seriously concerns me.

I don't buy into the good contacts - he's never managed, so it's not like he has a good scouting network / knows all the agents etc. I'll support him if he gets the job, and gladly be wrong, but it seriously concerns me.
Looks like it's going to happen Adi bookies have suspended getting I will be absolutely gutted if this happens All says to me is lack of ambition there are good Championship managers out of work and we take the massive risk on a rookie I would imagine it's years since he's seen a Championship match Hope I'm wrong but I don't like what is happening at our club Can imagine Redknapp and Paul Ince are involved in this somewhere

Looks like it's going to happen Adi bookies have suspended getting I will be absolutely gutted if this happens All says to me is lack of ambition there are good Championship managers out of work and we take the massive risk on a rookie I would imagine it's years since he's seen a Championship match Hope I'm wrong but I don't like what is happening at our club Can imagine Redknapp and Paul Ince are involved in this somewhere

Just out of interest mista...who are the out of work Championship managers who would a) show more ambition and b) be less of a risk?

Seriously hope it has nothing to do with Paul Ince...and FL wouldn’t have necessarily been my first choice, but I can see some positives.

Just out of interest mista...who are the out of work Championship managers who would a) show more ambition and b) be less of a risk?

Seriously hope it has nothing to do with Paul Ince...and FL wouldn’t have necessarily been my first choice, but I can see some positives.[/QUO
R A Stam took Reading to play off final last season
Mcarthy when were Ipswich ever in trouble
Holloway Four promotions and got Blackpool to the Prem
Warburton plays the football most of our fans crave
Coleman did more for Wales in three years than any other manager

RA Stam took Reading to play off final last season
Mcarthy. When have Ipswich ever been in trouble with him
Holloway three promotions even took Blackpool to the Prem
Coleman Did more for Wales in three years than any other manager Did a job in Rowett with Sunderland

Last edited:
RA Stam took Reading to play off final last season
Mcarthy. When have Ipswich ever been in trouble with him
Holloway three promotions even took Blackpool to the Prem
Coleman Did more for Wales in three years than any other manager Did a job in Rowett with Sunderland

Or...Stam nearly took Reading down this season before being sacked, McCarthy is unbelievably dour and wouldn’t have been accepted, Coleman couldn’t come close to keeping Sunderland up, which leaves Warburton, who I actually think is a good manager but...they’d all, including Lampard, be gambles.

Or...Stam nearly took Reading down this season before being sacked, McCarthy is unbelievably dour and wouldn’t have been accepted, Coleman couldn’t come close to keeping Sunderland up, which leaves Warburton, who I actually think is a good manager but...they’d all, including Lampard, be gambles.
RA Allright you have your Lampard then ?

RA Allright you have your Lampard then ?

Sorry...didn’t mean it like that. I have my reservations...just don’t think it’s such a crazy idea and can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t be some sort of gamble.
Maybe it really is the ‘Derby Way’...two successful managers in the last 30 years!

Latest Rams News