Rams pay £1m for season long loan of winger | Vital Football

Rams pay £1m for season long loan of winger

Wages on top of that I presume?
Yes, in the article it states that Wilson is on £4,000 per week, so it looks like we need to get full value for money out of him, which then rebounds on Mason Bennett, he has done superbly well in the opening games of this season and doesn't deserve to be dropped in place of Wilson IMHO.

Maybe by paying a high loan fee gives the freedom wether we play him or not. Also, the article suggests that we're paying him 4k per week wages. I would expect that Liverpool were paying him far more than that.

In effect we're paying him 24k per week over the season which isn't bad for a fringe Premier player and international.

You would have to pretty naive to believe anything that HITC say They where the ones who said Vydra to Forest had all been agreed and signed back in July

Maybe by paying a high loan fee gives the freedom wether we play him or not. Also, the article suggests that we're paying him 4k per week wages. I would expect that Liverpool were paying him far more than that.

In effect we're paying him 24k per week over the season which isn't bad for a fringe Premier player and international.
Isn't our wage ceiling something like £14,000-£15,000 per week now? If we are seriously trying to get the wage bill down it doesn't make sense getting rid of Vydra then buying a young hopeful on nearly the same wage!...............not forgetting the other loanees/purchases

It’s a better deal than paying £5 for Butterfield, having to pay big wages on top of that, and getting one half decent season out of him before we presumably give him away at the end of this season.
Bit like leasing instead of buying, swings and roundabouts, but I agree with Bloomer...don’t want this to have a negative impact on Bennett.

Latest Rams News