Rams chosen for live Sky sports coverage in october | Vital Football

Rams chosen for live Sky sports coverage in october

Not happy with this explosion of TV interest. 3 League games already not available to RamsTV from the first 6 of the season. Now another 3 in an 8 day period in October. That will mean 6 of the opening 15 games won't have been available to we expats.

The contracts between the EFL, TV companies and clubs state that televised games can't be made available to subscribers for streaming. I understand that and agree totally that, when a game is televised in your country of residence, TV rights will mean that you don't get to see the RamsTV stream.

In the Netherlands, Ziggo owns the rights. If Sky/BT/Whoever show the game in the UK, we can't get a DCFC stream. If the game has been bought for international TV coverage we don't get it either. The strange thing about this is that Ziggo don't broadcast many SBC games despite them owning the rights. This gives the ridiculous situation that a game is being televised somewhere, Ziggo DON'T broadcast it in the Netherlands but, for some strange reason, RamsTV making it available to me breaks Ziggo's TV rights agreement.

Last season I wrote to Derby, Sky, EFL and Ziggo to ask exactly why games not televised in NL can't be streamed here. No reply from Sky. Derby and the EFL both said "beacuse it's in the agreement.

Ziggo? The company whose rights would apparently be violated if a game they weren't broadcasting was streamed to RamsTV subscribers in NL said they didn't understand why streaming wasn't allowed and they would have no issue with the streaming of games they chose not to broadcast. I explained this to both Derby and the EFL and the only response was the contracts don't allow it. I asked what logic was behind this stupidity. None was provided.

Hmm, seems a strange situation there MA, There was something about the EFL Coverage on Rams TV the other day where you could subscribe £10 to watch the games when screened by the EFL, but that goes against all the FA rulings as I see them, as you were apparently not supposed to screen any game in the UK that kicks off at 3.00pm.....................Ah well I suppose it will be sorted at some point.

That tenner deal has been agreed by all parties but only applies to midweek EFL games. Each round of midweek games, one SBC game will be chosen for broadcasting. If that happens to be a DCFC game then the game will not be available to RamsTV subscribers or anybody else via RamsTV.

The other games that night will be "red button" jobs. DCFC "red button" games ARE available to RamsTV subscribers and UK fans, unable to get to the game, can buy it as a one off for £10.

Hope this clears things up.

That tenner deal has been agreed by all parties but only applies to midweek EFL games. Each round of midweek games, one SBC game will be chosen for broadcasting. If that happens to be a DCFC game then the game will not be available to RamsTV subscribers or anybody else via RamsTV.

The other games that night will be "red button" jobs. DCFC "red button" games ARE available to RamsTV subscribers and UK fans, unable to get to the game, can buy it as a one off for £10.

Hope this clears things up.
No, sorry, I think all these different payments and ways to view the game need to be standardised. Can't see why all the disabled, old and those generally unable to get to the game in the UK can't be given dispensation for Rams TV. The market is huge and I think Mel is also in favour of allowing it.

It seems the FA and Sky have a monopoly on many games, which also precludes those who can't afford Sky or any other way of watching the game.

I agree with Bloomer that it would be nice if those unable to attend home games could get to watch live on RamsTV, but where do you draw the line. Naturally the club wants to protect season ticket sales and on the day gate receipts, and would not want to allow people to watch on TV for a far lesser price, but who gets the dispensation?

I live south of London, and do not drive. Does that mean I can watch the game live from home for a tenner because of the choices I make as to where I live?

How old is "old" - it seems to me that a lot of fans that I see at away games are 60+, so the same must be true of the home crowd I suspect.

Disabled, I agree that this is a greater barrier to attending home games, but actually I see quite a few disabled people at games. So how disabled do you need to be to qualify? It seems that a bit of a limp will get you a disabled parking permit judging by the completely fit looking people I see that have got one.

No easy solutions, but its something that is perhaps worthy of consideration

No, sorry, I think all these different payments and ways to view the game need to be standardised. Can't see why all the disabled, old and those generally unable to get to the game in the UK can't be given dispensation for Rams TV. The market is huge and I think Mel is also in favour of allowing it.

It seems the FA and Sky have a monopoly on many games, which also precludes those who can't afford Sky or any other way of watching the game.

I wasn't passing judgment on anything or anybody, merely explaining what the "rules" are as your post wasn't 100% accurate.

Now, to address your point, might disabled people be able to claim discrimination? It is, IMO, a socially acceptable thought to give the housebound access. On the other hand, it opens up the way to having the feed captured by pirates and broadcast on illegal streams as well.

There is a list of about 30 countries on dcfc.co.uk where ALL matches are available via RamsTV. Simply because no company has bought the rights for that country.

Can somebody, anybody, explain to me the logic of DCFC not streaming a game to, for instance, the Netherlands, when the rights holder isn't broadcasting the game and has said they would have no objection under those circumstances?

You can only watch live EFL matches in Ramstv abroad You can watch live EFL matches on the red button on Sky so if the rams are not the scheduled match you can usually still watch them

You can only watch live EFL matches in Ramstv abroad You can watch live EFL matches on the red button on Sky so if the rams are not the scheduled match you can usually still watch them

Those who dont have Sky can get the red button midweek games via DCFC for a tenner.

Latest Rams News