Rams announce the price for Vydra | Vital Football

Rams announce the price for Vydra

When the source is the Bristol Post,well, you just have to swallow and................................................ dismiss it as absolute garbage. 22 goal golden boot winner. A mere 26 years old and still 2years on his contract. £11M? Tha's joshin' lad! One of our top earners? Yes and deservedly so. How much would we have to pay to get a replacement 20 goal a season man in? I don't see it happening. Not at that bargain basement price anyway. Surely we are done with buying expensive and selling off cheap, aren't we? If there are genuinely clubs lining up to bid then we do one of 2 things. Tell em all where to get off or state, very clearly, that the bidding start at £20M. If the new Tree House dweller with 8 Portuguese league appearances to his name is worth £13.2M then £20M is a good starting place for Vydra. Be certain of one thing, a bargain basement price like £11M will see fans in uproar.

If he is such a good player, why are you selling him?_Do you have to sell your family jewels?

If he is such a good player, why are you selling him?_Do you have to sell your family jewels?
t

Fortunately we have jewels to sell something your club have not He maybe repeat may Be going if he doesn't fit the plans of the new manager That's what happens when you change managers You really should know that with your club's record why did you have to sell Assombolonga if he was that good

t

Fortunately we have jewels to sell something your club have not He maybe repeat may Be going if he doesn't fit the plans of the new manager That's what happens when you change managers You really should know that with your club's record why did you have to sell Assombolonga if he was that good

In fairness Mista, Assombolonga wasn't that good, that's why they sold him:hmmm:
If Forest got £15million for that overated idle git, what's Vids worth!

Heard from a Burnley connection that they are interested in Vydra. Now that WOULD push the price up.
I think it all boils down to how much we are outside of FFP to how much we can ask for Vydra. If we are near the mark then getting £15m would show us nearly £4m profit after you take out his wages for the two years he has been here. Anything below £15m and we really were in deep shite with FFP and had to take what we could get.....................................I just hope this isn't the same scenario we had when Paul Clement took over and he didn't realise just what a mess the club was in or I can see Lampard leaving by Christmas

MM must have promised Lamps some cash or Lamps would not, IMO, have come. If that money isn't forthcoming, Lamps won't be here by the end of September................

C’mon guys...those comments from Bloomer and MA are a bit untypically downbeat. You sound like a certain pair of Forest fans.
Gone by September...gone by Christmas! What are you talking about?
Lampard isn’t daft and Morris’ situation won’t be unknown to his uncle Harry.
From a professional - if not a financial - point of view this job is important to Lampard. His first foray into management at a club that is already one of the top thirty in the country with all the potential to go a lot higher.
The eyes of the football world will be upon him and neither he, nor Morris Jnr, would have put their reputations on the line if they didn’t believe...seems like it’s time some others did.

C’mon guys...those comments from Bloomer and MA are a bit untypically downbeat. You sound like a certain pair of Forest fans.
From a professional - if not a financial - point of view this job is important to Lampard. His first foray into management at a club that is already one of the top thirty in the country with all the potential to go a lot higher.
The eyes of the football world will be upon him and neither he, nor Morris Jnr, would have put their reputations on the line if they didn’t believe...seems like it’s time some others did.

Just summarising what could happen if due diligence has not been taken by Lampard, or his agent when taking the job. To be honest, I know the real financial situation can't be revealed for obvious reasons, but things would be a damn site clearer if we knew......

It will be a long four to six weeks as we wait with baited breath to see who stays, or goes and who if anyone comes in.

Mista, I hold my hands up! they did have to sell him so you were right on that one but I'm still saying Brit was vastly overated![/QUOT
Yes grossly overrated he was never the same after his knee injury Boro are the same as most relegated Prem club's all that money that tend to spend over the top

The eyes of the football world will be upon him and neither he, nor Morris Jnr, would have put their reputations on the line if they didn’t believe...seems like it’s time some others did.[/QUOT

Spot on RA Lampard is not the type to go into this without doing his homework He has an awful lot to lose mess this up and that's his managerial career finished You can bet he's asked a lot of questions of Mel's ambition He's not your typical treadmill manager in sure he doesn't need the money I was very wary when it was announced he had the job but now I think we've tried everything else let's give this ago Its unlikely to happen this season just hope fans remain patient and see what he's trying to do If we get the type of football he's said he wants high tempo attacking then it should be good to watch at least Pity if Vyds goes he would fit that style perfect It probably won't get us promoted playing that way ask Sheff u and Bristol Cty fans but at least it should be entertaining

Don’t think his ‘managerial career will be finished’ mista but totally agree, he sure as hell wants to get off to a good start and they’ll also be an element of healthy personal competition with Gerrard at Rangers.
Jody Morris has, if anything, even more to prove.
If they succeed quickly that’s when other bigger clubs will start taking notice and I’m sure it would only be a matter of time, under such circumstances, until the likes of West Ham and Chelsea come knocking...but that depends on him being successful with us first so...imo...that’s a ‘win, win’ and why he’s got a three year contract.

Simply no comparison between Lampard and Clement in terms of starting points and learning curves.

You’re right Bloomer, it might be a long few weeks waiting to see who comes and goes.
Inclined to think you may be more itk than many and I do expect you to be more positive. Makes me all ‘jittery’ when you and MA start doing Basie impressions.:eek:

Last edited:
. Makes me all ‘jittery’ when you and MA start doing Basie impressions.:eek:

Not doing a Basie impression me owd, merely thinking out loud that he will have been given some kind of indication of what money is/will be available. If that money isn't forthcoming he may well walk out, head held high, spouting "they didn't give me the money we agreed to....... and his managerial image will not have been blemished.

Not doing a Basie impression me owd, merely thinking out loud that he will have been given some kind of indication of what money is/will be available. If that money isn't forthcoming he may well walk out, head held high, spouting "they didn't give me the money we agreed to....... and his managerial image will not have been blemished.

No......don’t say things like that. No reason at all for negativity at this stage.
Promises and guarantees will have been agreed for sure and there’s absolutely no reason whatsoever to start voicing misgivings less than a month on from his appointment.

[QUOTE="ramAnag, post: 1468473,
If they succeed quickly that’s when other bigger clubs will start taking notice and I’m sure it would only be a matter of time, under such circumstances, until the likes of West Ham and Chelsea come knocking..[/QUOTE]
Can't see Lamps leaving until he's got us promoted and qualifies us for the Champions league! IMO like :wahey:

[QUOTE="ramAnag, post: 1468473,
If they succeed quickly that’s when other bigger clubs will start taking notice and I’m sure it would only be a matter of time, under such circumstances, until the likes of West Ham and Chelsea come knocking..
Can't see Lamps leaving until he's got us promoted and qualifies us for the Champions league! IMO like :wahey:[/QUOTE]

I can see him being pushed into a nice little compensation package. History does support my view.

Latest Rams News