Rammers | Vital Football

Rammers

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
world class save to keep us in it, brilliant lad outstanding private ramsdale. then captain sharp shooter puts a bullet right between their fuckin eyes. and well done mcburnie did well . bash stop turning to the wing all the time,when ya go the other way ya like lothar mathaius,. fuckin buzzin. bogle well done going forward and ya learned from ya mistakes defending brilliant young man. lunny all over the pitch grafted ya bollocks of brilliant and he wants away apparently hahahahahahahah ,goldie ten times better in a 3 mid. am i wright am i wrong or am i just dreaming. hahahahaahahahahaahahahahahah up the blades

Ramsdale has a slightly more settled and competent defence in front of him. Not before time, poor kid.

Bogle will become a ledge for us.

Billy is a ledge and needs to be much more involved. Wilder has clearly seen that.

McBurnie was excellent tonight. Hat tipped.

I have a hunch Lundstram will stay long term. No bids and he is looking more interested as every game goes by.

Europe charge back on.

well done lads.

Billy mentioned team communication was getting better in his interview after the Newcastle win.

It might just be something that simple, the back three and Ramsdale getting used to each other and talking to each other and not looking like they'd all just met on a speed date 15 minutess before kick off. An ever rotating use of players at LCB couldn't have helped either.

Maybe, all round, luck's changed a bit.

More settled back 3, couple of decent saves to build confidence and he looks so much HAPPIER

And, another 30 seconds and Billy would have been subbed.

Very fine margins

Must get really overcrowded in your gaffe on a matchday twirls
only in my mind pal,its bursting when matches are on. just me and the two sons our lass goes up stairs and preys we win bulmer. if we dont its a bit frosty. lol last few week shes been getting everything she wants :p;)

More settled back 3, couple of decent saves to build confidence and he looks so much HAPPIER

Very fine margins
TT that save by Rammers tonight was way better than decent in my view mi owd pal,it was fantastic and Big Sam has said it was the turning point he thinks they should've been 2-1 up but that save and obvs Billy's goal turned the game upside down.I think the best side won and some of our boys are finding some form lately.UTMPB

only in my mind pal,its bursting when matches are on. just me and the two sons our lass goes up stairs and preys we win bulmer. if we dont its a bit frosty. lol last few week shes been getting everything she wants :p;)

Too much information mate. :wub:

The more I see Ramsdale's save against smiley Callum the better it is. Big Sam's right, it was a game changer. Henderson thought he was invincible after the Norwich save, it'd be fantastic if this save has a similar effect on Rammers.

And how much better does our win at Old Trafford look after tonight ? The frustrating thing is how we approached the game against Southampton, even letting their two lumbering centre backs act as midfield playmakers because we sat so deep. There's two very good teams in this division, the other 17 are all beatable.

The more I see Ramsdale's save against smiley Callum the better it is. Big Sam's right, it was a game changer. Henderson thought he was invincible after the Norwich save, it'd be fantastic if this save has a similar effect on Rammers.

And how much better does our win at Old Trafford look after tonight ? The frustrating thing is how we approached the game against Southampton, even letting their two lumbering centre backs act as midfield playmakers because we sat so deep. There's two very good teams in this division, the other 17 are all beatable.

It isn't over. It's a mountain, but it's climbable.
One win at a time.

Same here at first I thought it was hit straight at him it was only whilst watching motd I realised he stuck a hand out it wasn’t a reaction save more a making himself big save he maybe got lucky but you make your luck trying to cover as much of the goal as possible it was a game changer and hopefully he will push on now and put the dodgey form behind
certainly played his part in winning the 3 points last night 👍

On live action one of the BT commentaters said Rammy's save, when they scored was superb, another said he fumbled the ball. The first one was more than right. Pretty near impossible to hold the ball and he would have expected one of the defence to boot it away. Whatever, he's now looking the keeper who has been voted player of the season for 2 previous clubs and has 31 caps at all levels upto full international. Best thing is he's still young and learning.

Very fine margins
I wasn't referring to his block save last night Rod, more generally his saves against City, particularly the one at the end, building his confidence.

That one last night had his feet moving better, showing anticipation and awareness ,his whole demeanour changed from that confidence. It did, indeed,keep us in the game and allowed us to go on and win so yes, I agree he changed the game.

ON A MORE GENERAL POINT and not aimed just at R/dale but at all keepers a post I made a couple of weeks about keeping styles and methods these days and why oh why do they not even attempt to catch the ball?

His 1st save last night, leading to the goal, was symptomatic of that. LLoris did it vL/pool too, they push it back out into the incoming forwards and don't even attempt to smother/catch it and, whilst having made the initial stop, they gamble on it falling safe.Often as we, and so many others see, it doesn't.

You see so many videos of all keepers' training drills -stopping it, springing back up and stopping another and another etc. They are training to STOP it(fine) but not to SAVE it or gather it in. Surely that's the wrong emphasis? That's what p!sses me off

On live action one of the BT commentaters said Rammy's save, when they scored was superb, another said he fumbled the ball. The first one was more than right. Pretty near impossible to hold the ball and he would have expected one of the defence to boot it away. Whatever, he's now looking the keeper who has been voted player of the season for 2 previous clubs and has 31 caps at all levels upto full international. Best thing is he's still young and learning.
HE ACTUALLY MADE A double save if ya watch again pal the third time of asking it fell to phillips our defence stood and watched

I wasn't referring to his block save last night Rod, more generally his saves against City, particularly the one at the end, building his confidence.

That one last night had his feet moving better, showing anticipation and awareness ,his whole demeanour changed from that confidence. It did, indeed,keep us in the game and allowed us to go on and win so yes, I agree he changed the game.

ON A MORE GENERAL POINT and not aimed just at R/dale but at all keepers a post I made a couple of weeks about keeping styles and methods these days and why oh why do they not even attempt to catch the ball?

His 1st save last night, leading to the goal, was symptomatic of that. LLoris did it vL/pool too, they push it back out into the incoming forwards and don't even attempt to smother/catch it and, whilst having made the initial stop, they gamble on it falling safe.Often as we, and so many others see, it doesn't.

You see so many videos of all keepers' training drills -stopping it, springing back up and stopping another and another etc. They are training to STOP it(fine) but not to SAVE it or gather it in. Surely that's the wrong emphasis? That's what p!sses me off
that first shot on that night in them conditions was never ever gonna be a save to try and hold on to the ball,it was hit at some pace through players he also saved the follow up somehow while laid on the floor the 3rd time phillips put it in the net ,have a look pal. a double save was top draw was unlucky, then he pulled of the save of the season brilliant.

that first shot on that night in them conditions was never ever gonna be a save to try and hold on to the ball,it was hit at some pace through players he also saved the follow up somehow while laid on the floor the 3rd time phillips put it in the net ,have a look pal. a double save was top draw was unlucky, then he pulled of the save of the season brilliant.
Twirls, do you really think I haven't had a very close look?
He palms it away(it's not a fingertip save)-meaning his fingers could try to wrap round it & hold onto it. As I said , that's a general point aimed at all keepers as they do it as their first reaction and, if they tried to hold such shots , then the subsequent save does not need to be made or the ball does not go back into the onrushing traffic.

Different times, different techniques but this one is not for the better

Good to see him pull off his best save of the season though.

TT sounds daft but the goalies wear 'big' gloves and don;t catch cleanly when they wear them.......helps extra reach but not 'holding' the ball. I'm not a keeper but
they all seem to avoid catching the ball for shots on the goal.

TT sounds daft but the goalies wear 'big' gloves and don;t catch cleanly when they wear them.......helps extra reach but not 'holding' the ball. I'm not a keeper but
they all seem to avoid catching the ball for shots on the goal.
Exactly my point Chips- they avoid what is a basic tenet of keeping- getting hold of the ball