Ralston's new contract. Good shout or bad show? | Vital Football

Ralston's new contract. Good shout or bad show?

His improvement this season his been unthinkable to be honest but there are still elements of his game that just aren't at the quality and level we really need especially to get anywhere in Europe. Absolutely not discounting his work rate and effort and maybe it would help to give him a bit of rotation with Juranovic to rest him up a bit now that Jurnaovic is fit again. New contract, probably fair but he shouldn't be our first choice RB.

I agree with this. It's when he gets to the opposition's box. He seems to not know what to do next but his defensive work is class tho

He's made a few defensive errors but he's also saved our bacon a few times. Going forward he just lacks that bit of quality really, especially as the game keeps going and he's run himself into the ground. I'm trying to think how many times hes whipped in a cross and it's either found our player or actually produced a goal and I'm struggling to think of many examples. I think he's had some cut-backs that have ended up with goals but not proper crosses I don't think. Juranovic's crossing from footage of him at Legia Warsaw looked really good but as he's yet to play on his natural side yet, it's difficult to know if he can produce that sort of quality cross for us that Ralston is missing in his game.

Latest Celtic News