Raheem Sterling: newspapers 'fuel racism' in football | Page 2 | Vital Football

Raheem Sterling: newspapers 'fuel racism' in football

It was the level of anger in them individuals that surprised me more than anything, you'd swear he'd raped their daughter or something given the aggression they showed.

Good on Sterling for calling out the media, it may mean some think twice about the language they use in future.

How thick are they? Everyone knows there are dozens of UHD cameras recording everyone and everything at a football match and yet they still do it.

Great to see the support that has emerged for Raheem.

I understand that Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville discussed the situation on Sky’s Monday NightFootball. Doubtless they rightly condemned the abuse directed at Sterling last weekend but before Carragher gets too righteous I would point him to his comments back in 2015 when Sterlingwas still at Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/19/jamie-carragher-liverpool-raheem-sterling

Essentially this is a piece where he berates Sterling and tells him to “keep his mouth shut” for daring to consider a move away from Liverpool. Nothing racist whatsoever in the comments or tone.........but IMO he was part of the original Liverpool fuelled attacks on the lad’s character. The vitriol which has followed him since this move has in no small part - again IMO - been the foundation upon which this latest abuse has been built.

So before you start pontificating Jamie, look to yourself, to your part in building the myth which so many of your scouse friends perpetuated and which they continue to this day. Carragher’s latest views are reported in the Liverpool Echo.........butyou only have to look at the comments posted to see that their hatred of Sterling runs deep.

He will continue to get dogs abuse from Liverpool ‘fans’.

Just another brick in the wall Jamie.

Am I making it up or did RS7 seek advice re this/media coverage from Gary Neville during the World Cup? - not sure if I heard this on the radio/read it somewhere.

Not imagining it. BBC have an article on it.

In other news......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...terling-says-called-MANC-c-not-black-one.html

The principal protagonist it seems has been identified, is claiming, in typical BS style, that it was not racist and going for the sympathy vote because he says he has lost his job and season ticket (ah, bless).

He fails to mention losing any self respect.

What I find puzzling is that the Met rushed up to Manchester to interview Sterling.......but even though this guy lives in Beckenham, Kent, they seem to have been unable to get to his house (pictures in this article) to drag his sorry ass to the police station for questioning :unsure:

Maybe these officers gave been taking advice from their colleagues in the equally pathetic Merseyside police?

I’ve just seen that young Reece-Oxford has had his Rolex stolen from West Ham’s training ground changing room. It’s being reported matter-of-factly. If it was Raheem, imagine the headlines: “Obscene Raheem flaunts his wealth by wearing his Rolex to training!”

“being reported matter-of-factly“

This is very much at the heart of the matter raised by Raheem and one which has many of the hacks in denial. The slanted headlines and tone of various pieces embeds the seeds in pliable minds.

Good to see Tyrone Mings refusing to participate in a TalkSpurt discussion after their presentater Dave declared that Sterling

“had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.”

A classic example of the twisted mindset which underpins the climate of hatred. Victim blaming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46520506