Raggett Tribunal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Raggett Tribunal

Be surprised if it was initially anywhere near £100k.

Thing that'll work against us is the amount of time he's been at Dover. The whole Liverpool/Everton/Palace thing won't wash because you can't prove they were there watching him.

He's a good player, though. Looked solid.

I'm assuming this means we're happy with the fee?

LincSport ?@LincSport · 1h1 hour ago
Danny Cowley on Sean Raggett: 'Best young centre-half in non-league football and is an unbelievable value of money for the football club'.

Assuming this is about Raggett?

Rob Makepeace ?@rob_makepeace · 9m
Also expecting an announcement from the Imps about a current player possibly later today.

Luke Imp - 21/10/2016 14:45

I'm assuming this means we're happy with the fee?

LincSport ?@LincSport · 1h1 hour ago
Danny Cowley on Sean Raggett: 'Best young centre-half in non-league football and is an unbelievable value of money for the football club'.

Sounds a bit like the £20,000 to £30,000 range with a decent sell on %.

Luke Imp - 21/10/2016 15:20

Assuming this is about Raggett?

Rob Makepeace ?@rob_makepeace · 9m
Also expecting an announcement from the Imps about a current player possibly later today.
The word on banter is that Power is off out on loan. Don't know if there is any truth in it, but with Miles training and Whitehouse signing, It would make some sense.

Cricklewoodimp - 21/10/2016 04:15

Stevie_imp - 20/10/2016 23:55

Raggett worth £100k you must be joking. Now I know i'm no football transfer expert. But if a player is out of contract and want to leave why is there a compensation tribunal ? Is there a signing on clause or something? Struggling with this.

It's because he is under 24 and had been offered a new contract by Dover that was an improvement in terms of his previous one.
If for example Simmons was offered an improved contract by Lincoln at the end of the season but chose to join say, Halifax and couldn't agree a fee, we would be entitled to compensation from a tribunal.

Thanks

Rob Makepeace ?@rob_makepeace · 1h1 hour ago
@lukew_87 Nope, everyone seems happy from Imps and Dover side of things.

I know neither side are likely to play is down one way and seem as though they have the wrong end of a deal but if both sides seem happy then that must be positive.

Given how highly Raggett was rated by them, I imagine they'll have secured a decent sell-on, which is fair enough.

He looks like a good centre half, couple of raw bits of play since he game but got all the attributes you need to be good in this division and hopefully a few leagues above.

If it's somewhere between 20-40k with a sell on then it's not a joke outlay and Dover might get some ££££ down the line.

'We have been contacted by Lincoln City requesting that we do not make the details of the substantial compensation package public. As a professional courtesy, we have decided to agree to their request not be publish the figures involved, but would like to let our supporters know that the excellent package included a significant fee and extensive add-ons.'

So we lost out on this big time then right? Only reason why we'd have told them to keep it secret.

They might have just stuck the word significant in there to keep the fans happy at losing their best defender. In theory, it'll show in our accounts anyway.

According to their forum, Dover don't usually reveal figures anyway, so it probably suits them, too.

Luke Imp - 25/10/2016 10:06

They might have just stuck the word significant in there to keep the fans happy at losing their best defender. In theory, it'll show in our accounts anyway.
Yeah when the 2016/7 accounts come out, be a busy set accounts that with the money for Margetts and the fee for Whitehouse!

Davidimp - 25/10/2016 12:08

Luke Imp - 25/10/2016 10:06

Yeah when the 2016/7 accounts come out, be a busy set accounts that with the money for Margetts and the fee for Whitehouse!

if the fees for whitehouse + raggett are lumped together in the accounts, then the speculation on the individual amounts will continue...

12 goals conceded in the 14 league games he has played says money well spent whatever it is. As long as we don't end up losing him for free in the end!