Raggett Tribunal | Vital Football

Raggett Tribunal

This quote is a bit of a worry

"We consider the outcome of the tribunal to be very satisfactory. We will provide full details to supporters once we have received written confirmation from the FA, either tomorrow or early next week."

Was there since 16 so under some sort of 'development' definition that will count for a lot. Moving within the same league should water that down but Dover will point to interest higher up the pyramid I imagine.

Dover said he was worth £500,000 when Liverpool and Everton were sniffing around a while ago, and I think they mentioned the sum of £100,000 in the summer when Cheltenham looked likely to get him. Their reaction to today's tribunal suggests they may have got close to that.

DEEPING IMP - 20/10/2016 18:25

exhertsimp - 20/10/2016 17:56

Skip155 - 20/10/2016 17:49

I'd be shocked if it's close to that.
I'd be shocked if we are even told :bag:

If Dover get a good result they will publish result.

Exactly. They've already said they're going to share the info '...We will provide full details to supporters once we have received written confirmation from the FA...'

Maybe it'll x amount upfront then x amount in bits over a given time.
Good job we have cup run, bigger gates and Margetts money !

Speculate to accumulate within reason. If we can beat Altrincham we will have made the best part of 50k from the FA cup alone.

On top of that I would expect 3500/3600 on Saturday again.

I would imagine, if there were any danger of a tribunal foreseeably resulting in anything close to 100k we would never have seen Raggett!
Nearer 20-30K max I reckon.

plumbob - 20/10/2016 22:21

I would imagine, if there were any danger of a tribunal foreseeably resulting in anything close to 100k we would never have seen Raggett!
Nearer 20-30K max I reckon.

Wouldn't the fact Raggett was out of contract and wanted a move reflect in the amount of compensation that was paid?

Raggett worth £100k you must be joking. Now I know i'm no football transfer expert. But if a player is out of contract and want to leave why is there a compensation tribunal ? Is there a signing on clause or something? Struggling with this.

You'd imagine Dover won't be 'very satisfied' as they claim unless it was 50k or over. I can see it being 50-75k.

We'll soon find out though once Dover release the info.

Stevie_imp - 20/10/2016 23:55

Raggett worth £100k you must be joking. Now I know i'm no football transfer expert. But if a player is out of contract and want to leave why is there a compensation tribunal ? Is there a signing on clause or something? Struggling with this.

It's because he is under 24 and had been offered a new contract by Dover that was an improvement in terms of his previous one.
If for example Simmons was offered an improved contract by Lincoln at the end of the season but chose to join say, Halifax and couldn't agree a fee, we would be entitled to compensation from a tribunal.

exhertsimp - 20/10/2016 17:56

Skip155 - 20/10/2016 17:49

I'd be shocked if it's close to that.
I'd be shocked if we are even told :bag:
Unless the protocol has changed, it'll be listed on the FA website somewhere or, at the very least, a news bit outlining the breakdown.