Rafa 'the defensive coach' benitez | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rafa 'the defensive coach' benitez

I'm not manquillo biggest fan but he's done more in 2 mins than atsu and kenedy done whole game

Right on cue the customary shocking decision that'll come back to haunt us

A win was more than many had expected considering the last three games only gleaned one point. Four points from the last twelve available against teams outside the top six suggests there is still a long way to go without any decent investment in the team. With three of the 'big boys' coming up over the festive period who knows where we will be in the table mid January. But, my beer or glass of red will taste better tonight. Don't know why, it just will.

Conceded only 7 goals away from home all season, only bettered by Man City's 4, Liverpool's 5 and Chelsea's 6.

In comparison, Fulham have shipped 24 before their game tonight, Southampton 20 with Burnley and Cardiff both conceding 18.

Overall our goal difference of -8 is surely worth an extra point over the likes of Fulham's -24, Burnley and Huddersfield's -18, Southampton's -17 and Cardiff's -16.

We've played all of the teams below us bar Fulham and none of them have scored against us. We've got them all to play at home as well.

Watched the Fulham game tonight and they were woeful on that performance cant see them staying up either

Our home form is shocking. Seven defeats before we are half way through the season is equal to the 1977 season when we were relegated. Can we survive? There's plenty of twists still to come.

Fair play to the lads mind, good 3 points that. Mind there are some shite teams in the bottom half of the prem. We are one of them. What amazes me how easy it would be to get into the top 6 or 7. Two or three top players. Look at Everton for instance. Nowt special. Then again why bother the fat man would say. Good enough money for 17th.