Rafa 'the defensive coach' benitez | Vital Football

Rafa 'the defensive coach' benitez

Rza

Vital Champions League
Lol is that a piss take. Another goal from a set piece. Could and Probably should have been more. Then we have the formation and tactics playing players all over the shop. Never seen as many headless chickens in my life. Team selection? I'm not even getting into it. We had the biggest ****** in world football in SJP today (Mike Dean) yet as much as Mike tried, rafa outdone him. Personally I think the takeover talk is bullshit and I'm past the point of caring but 1 thing I will say is I'm looking forward more to a change of manager more. I've given up on Ashley going

Rant over

My eyes are bleeding watching this. I don't watch every game because I can't justify dedicating 2 hours of my life to that shite, but even when I do it's just fucking abysmal. I don't even care how shite the players are etc I'm completely done watching hoof ball

He has had £50m to spend on new players. He bought Atsu, Murphy, Joselu, Manquillo, a good keeper and a couple of decent centre halves. He also bought some top players for the championship which clubs would be queuing up to buy once we got promoted. Remember that? One reason why we are stuck with championship players is that he who cannot be criticized paid over the odds for a clutch of them and now we can't get rid. In Rafa we trust.

Aye it's amazing far a good cv can get you with the Geordie nation.

He's spent over 128m on players in 3 months shy of 3 years yet there is a strong argument about the poor quality he has in the squad.

There is no doubt he has his favourites and on the whole he is a defensive coach.
Mixed bag of purchases, some good some poor and some who have not had a decent run. Reluctant to give youngsters a chance.
Whether it would be different if he was given more money we may well find out soon.

You could make a canny team out of the people he has let go because he "didn't fancy them", or couldn't get them playing. Depending on your point of view.
How about a team of: (4-4-2) Krul, Mbabu, Hanley, Mbemba, Gamez, Vukic, De Jong, Merino, Thauvin, Toney, Murphy. Didn't get much money in for that bunch but could we beat them?? I left out Mitro for 2 reasons. We got canny money for him and I don't think he would improve that team. Joselu wouldn't make the bench.

You could make a canny team out of the people he has let go because he "didn't fancy them", or couldn't get them playing. Depending on your point of view.
How about a team of: (4-4-2) Krul, Mbabu, Hanley, Mbemba, Gamez, Vukic, De Jong, Merino, Thauvin, Toney, Murphy. Didn't get much money in for that bunch but could we beat them?? I left out Mitro for 2 reasons. We got canny money for him and I don't think he would improve that team. Joselu wouldn't make the bench.

Nonsense that team is shocking.

Krul: became terribly injury prone and has looked bang average since leaving .

Hanley: average championship player at best, waste of money.

Gamez: never saw anything of him of note. Another crock.

Mbemba : looked a good player at times.

Vukic : loaned out numerous times looked unable to cope with the English game's physicality.

De Jong : Made of glass. If he has sex his cock gets put in a splint for 8 weeks.

Merino : Looked to have flashes of quality may develop into a top class midfielder.

Thauvin : Never given a fair shake here, ripping it up abroad.

Toney : At Peterborough 6 goals in 20 games , found his level .

Murphy: good senior pro, looked like he could still offer something though that may say more about the current crop of strikers.

Some fair assessments there mate, but as I recall Murphy tortured our defence in the league cup? It must also be said I could write a broadly similar review of our current first 11, and like I said are they poor players or could Benitez not get them playing? That Mbabu looks world class now mind.

Last edited:
Proof Benitez plays for a point. Strange mentality when he compares every game to a cup final. Mind you he played for a draw against forest in th cup and got hammered

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181215-132505.jpg
    Screenshot_20181215-132505.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 13
Under the cosh, relying on defence again. Benitez said before start one point could. Be critical.

Making Huddersfield look like Barcelona. Doesn't matter the opposition you just know every time we get the ball it's only a matter of time before it's given away. Who do you pass the ball to? Atsu? Diame? LOL I honestly have never seen worse. 2 players that should not be in this league let alone team. Atsu has been benitez'd