Racism | Page 5 | Vital Football

Racism

If we publicly called Rudiger a liar wouldn’t he have to prove the existence of racial chants/actions in order to defend his accusations.
We are still pussyfooting around this race thing . It’s abhorrent in any walk of life , any abuse of a person on any level is abhorrent.
But we shouldn’t be running scared on the first hint of it .
The only people who heard the “abuse” in the stadium, full of thousands in that area , was Rudiger and someone on twitter who “thought he heard it .
Was Rudiger isolated in that area at the time , the only player within twenty yards of any body else ? No .
No stewards , who are trained to listen for that sort of thing , heard it .
No fans in the area have said they heard it , there is a great post on this thread from a fan who emailed Donna Cullen and put his name and face in the frame, saying he didn’t hear it.
No officials heard it , but still used the wrong protocol to make the allegations seem worse by having three announcements made over the tannoy (that made it appear that it was an ongoing incident) .
Part of Rudigers claim is clearly that spectators were not only making obscene animal chants but were actually acting out the actions of the animal.
You don’t need lip readers to identify that .

If he saw it , and he clearly “demonstrated”his allegations , as caught in numerous photos , where is the evidence of that . If the noise of the racial abuse could not be heard , which may be understandable (!) then the ACTION of the racial abuse that he saw MUST be clearly visible .
But obviously isn’t .
So to sum up
All Sky’s cameras and microphones didn’t pick it up .
The most sophisticated of CCTV operations didn’t pick it up .
Trained Stewards didnt pick it up .
Spectators in the area didn’t pick it up ( one reported on Twitter that he might have heard it)
Players on the pitch didn’t pick it up .
Officials didn’t pick it up .
Nobody SAW any offending actions either at the time or since .
The Met have found no evidence .
The Chavs have brought no evidence in support of their player .

Yet they are saying that just because of all the above , it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen !

Why don’t we all stop pussyfooting about and say to him , “ look Toni old son , why don’t you just take the opportunity to say it’s possible that you are wrong and say sorry “
But that would just be churlish . Wouldn’t it

All of this is purely my personal opinion , which as we all know counts for nothing .

Rant over

Look, I absolutely get it.

I think Rudiger did call the race card. He also went into a tackle with a closed fist and an open hand with the latter being on the side the ball was at. I interpreted that as premeditated and classless in itself, and had no delusions about his character when he starts the shenanigans during the sending off incident. I also wish he played in the era when I did and was out for the next few weeks after being slippered in the next 20 mins. I did and I bet you did.

I did have a good proof point earlier today though that our communication approach was good. I was chatting with one of my 50 something Siekh mates after the gym this morning. An Arsenal fan for his sins. He was crystal clear that he thought Rudiger had played the race card. That to me proves the communication machine is working correctly and that the emphasis has been put back on Rudiger.

Whilst there's been no locking up and throwing away the key, it is Rudiger that has come out of this badly in the eyes of the public. I was trying to figure out whether "you let anti-racism down" was an appropriate chant for the away fans in the forthcoming game against the 2 sides. It probably isn't :-)

Look, I absolutely get it.

I think Rudiger did call the race card. He also went into a tackle with a closed fist and an open hand with the latter being on the side the ball was at. I interpreted that as premeditated and classless in itself, and had no delusions about his character when he starts the shenanigans during the sending off incident. I also wish he played in the era when I did and was out for the next few weeks after being slippered in the next 20 mins. I did and I bet you did.

I did have a good proof point earlier today though that our communication approach was good. I was chatting with one of my 50 something Siekh mates after the gym this morning. An Arsenal fan for his sins. He was crystal clear that he thought Rudiger had played the race card. That to me proves the communication machine is working correctly and that the emphasis has been put back on Rudiger.

Whilst there's been no locking up and throwing away the key, it is Rudiger that has come out of this badly in the eyes of the public. I was trying to figure out whether "you let anti-racism down" was an appropriate chant for the away fans in the forthcoming game against the 2 sides. It probably isn't :-)
It’s a great conversation Muttley and you make great points . As for the “slippering “ .............. yep , ‘kin right I did !

Well said Walt.

And as being accused of racism nowadays seems to be on a par with being accused of pedophilia, I would think the last thing we need is to encourage anyone to report what they think they hear, I'd say some pretty damned good evidence is required before the word is bandied about and accusations made.

Careers are over and lives ruined if this charge sticks, but hey, what happens if you make it up ?

Sweet FA.
And that’s what really pisses me off . Nobody has got the bollocks to say IT DID NOT HAPPEN . “!well It might have happened but no one can see or hear anything , somebody on twitter might have heard something , and you of course , so we are all so very sorry !”
But we will all quietly ignore the Son racial abuse and let it slip away without a word being highlighted , dissected, analysed , reported on or anything .

Freund , please don’t think I’m making light of your comment regarding the twitter correspondence , but that “ might “ seems to be the only corraborrating evidence out there . IMO

I've spoken to a ST holder on twitter who thought he heard a monkey chant.

I've seen numerous people who were at the game and many in the stand he gestured towards saying the who let the Yids out chant and/or cheat were likely misconstrued and that the timing fit that interpretation.

Also the Roma complaint wasn't made by Rudiger. It was a UEFA investigation after people complained on twitter. We've all witnessed racism involving Italian fans. Rudiger may have been lying but he gained nothing from doing so as Sonny was already gone. I suspect he misheard something.

I've seen racism from Spurs fans towards Sonny at our games. Let's not pretend that among a fanbase of 100,000s it's impossible to have a few morons. On this occasion he probably got it wrong but there's definitely going to be some racists attending games and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

I don't think anyone is saying we are a fanbase free of morons or genuinely racist idiots, as seen last year by the ****** who threw a banana at Aubamayang. In this instance, though, we should be as free to stick up for our club and fans as we would be to condemn actual racism from them.

As for the ST holder you had a chat with: I read loads of comments from Spurs fans at the game on various articles, the vast majority of whom said they witnessed no racial abuse thrown at Rudiger, just abuse and lots of it.

There were a few like the season ticket holder who thought something might have happened, thought they might have heard something ... but as one guy pointed out, the three announcements over the tannoy were completely misleading as it convinced him that something must have happened ... not once, but repeatedly.

My own personal gripe in all this is how desperate the media seem to want this to be true, which is just disgusting, but not surprising. I also agree with all the comments here directed at Rudiger. I see nothing wrong with questioning his motive or reason after the investigation clearly found no racial abuse. Was it the race card? Or was he genuinely mistaken?

Of course, those questions don't fit the narrative or agenda the media are so eager to spew in their quest for clicks.

On another note, did anyone hear of any punishments given to the fans who threw objects on the pitch? We all witnessed that, and its something I don't want to see at The Lane and completely out of order IMO.

The media , how I hate those words !
Sensationalism at anyone’s expense and just you dare try to sue them .
There is nobody more in favour of the freedom of press than me .
My old Nan had a fantastic saying , she would say “every one has a right to be ........”
could be , happy ., upset or whatever .
One day she said of her friend , “everyone has a right to be ugly , but she abuses that right”
That’s how i feel about the freedom of press , they have the right, but abuse it to the max

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is saying we are a fanbase free of morons or genuinely racist idiots, as seen last year by the ****** who threw a banana at Aubamayang. In this instance, though, we should be as free to stick up for our club and fans as we would be to condemn actual racism from them.

As for the ST holder you had a chat with: I read loads of comments from Spurs fans at the game on various articles, the vast majority of whom said they witnessed no racial abuse thrown at Rudiger, just abuse and lots of it.

There were a few like the season ticket holder who thought something might have happened, thought they might have heard something ... but as one guy pointed out, the three announcements over the tannoy were completely misleading as it convinced him that something must have happened ... not once, but repeatedly.

My own personal gripe in all this is how desperate the media seem to want this to be true, which is just disgusting, but not surprising. I also agree with all the comments here directed at Rudiger. I see nothing wrong with questioning his motive or reason after the investigation clearly found no racial abuse. Was it the race card? Or was he genuinely mistaken?

Of course, those questions don't fit the narrative or agenda the media are so eager to spew in their quest for clicks.

On another note, did anyone hear of any punishments given to the fans who threw objects on the pitch? We all witnessed that, and its something I don't want to see at The Lane and completely out of order IMO.
They were identified and banned almost immediately SE .

Just out on official website

Club Statement – Update on alleged racism incident at Chelsea match

The Club and the Metropolitan Police have now exhausted all avenues of investigation following the reported incident at our home fixture against Chelsea on 22 December.

We carried out extensive reviews of CCTV images and footage, working with professional lip readers. All materials and reports have now also been reviewed by the police who have carried out their own investigation.

The police have notified us today that, having reviewed and investigated, they have closed the crime report as they can find no evidence to support the allegation of racial abuse.

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action.

We are fiercely proud of our anti-racism work and our zero tolerance of any form of discrimination. This is one reason why we have attributed so much time and resource to investigating this matter. Had we identified anyone guilty of this we were intent on issuing them with a lifetime ban from our stadium as they would have no place among our proud, diverse fan base.

If any new information comes to light, this will be fully investigated.

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action.

Sanitised liberal clap- trap!

Should have read:

We fully support any player that takes action where there is definite evidence to corroborate the allegation in which case ourselves and the police would take the strongest action against any culprit; however Antonio Rudiger was clearly mistaken and regrettably such misconstrued interpretations by him has greatly harmed the new in place protocol on racial abuse.

I just read in my Sunday paper and again on Spurs Media Watch that Premier League clubs will wear "Black Lives Matter" on their shirts for the first 12 games. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! Makes me sick - who are these mindless whores that are running our game and our clubs?
No one can or should defend the brutal murder of George Floyd but why do black lives matter more when a white person is involved? On the day George Floyd was killed, 10 black people were shot in Chicago, all killed by other black people. The reality is that the greatest danger to negroes is themselves. Why call themselves "African Americans" not Americans, to create a divide?
If black lives mattered the emphasis of the "Black Lives Matter" movement would be on the disproportionate issues that matter not the claims of institutionalised racism, but that's not what the shrouded organisers are focused on. They're only intent on fanning mindless outrage and they've successfully lured thousands of witless signallers to their corrupt cause.

I just read in my Sunday paper and again on Spurs Media Watch that Premier League clubs will wear "Black Lives Matter" on their shirts for the first 12 games. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! Makes me sick - who are these mindless whores that are running our game and our clubs?
No one can or should defend the brutal murder of George Floyd but why do black lives matter more when a white person is involved? On the day George Floyd was killed, 10 black people were shot in Chicago, all killed by other black people. The reality is that the greatest danger to negroes is themselves. Why call themselves "African Americans" not Americans, to create a divide?
If black lives mattered the emphasis of the "Black Lives Matter" movement would be on the disproportionate issues that matter not the claims of institutionalised racism, but that's not what the shrouded organisers are focused on. They're only intent on fanning mindless outrage and they've successfully lured thousands of witless signallers to their corrupt cause.

Simple...slogan should be ALL LIVES MATTER...no alienation of anyone!

Unfortunately the issue is not just the education system per say...it is the inherent writing of kids 'BRAIN TAPES' by institutionalised racist parents indoctrinating their kids in the same way their parents indoctrinated them...the issue is how to break this circle.....same goes for religion and any prejudices which are divisive elements.