Rachel Blackmore | Vital Football

Rachel Blackmore

chris who

Vital Champions League
Congratulations to the first female ever to win the Grand National. I am not a big horse racing fan or a gambler. I am aware though what a massive step this is for all women riders of horses up and down the country. A great achievement for her.
My apologies to Rachael Blackmore I spelt her name wrong.

Last edited:
Typical sexist reply VG. I for one would feel proud to finish second to a talented, strong thighed, nicely shaped woman with a chance of glimpsing reverse cameltoe. Shame on you!

I wonder if you will post a "shame on you" response whenever any of the other posters start a thread pointing out the lady from Countdown or the lady who did the weather BBC Kent local news is looking pretty fine.

Yep well done Rachael.

Those that know about horse racing more than me is there any reason women won't start to win more and more races? I feel like there is no advantage to being a man like in most other sports?

Yep well done Rachael.

Those that know about horse racing more than me is there any reason women won't start to win more and more races? I feel like there is no advantage to being a man like in most other sports?

At the elite level, you need a lot of strength and stamina to control the horse and so testosterone still gives men a competitive advantage, especially over the longer distances.

Although I'm sure the Guardian have probably written an article suggesting misogyny jealousy.

At the elite level, you need a lot of strength and stamina to control the horse and so testosterone still gives men a competitive advantage, especially over the longer distances.

Although I'm sure the Guardian have probably written an article suggesting misogyny jealousy.
I would have thought that average weight might be in favour of the ladies but I admit to know very little about the sport.Although I am planning a trip to Newmarket (not that fair from me now.)one day when things open up .I have a friend who is a big horse racing fan who has never been there.

Yep well done Rachael.

She has won the Gold Cup, Champion Hurdle and now the National, the top 3 jump races in this country in the last month and was champion jockey at cheltenham! Has done brilliantly!

She has won the Gold Cup, Champion Hurdle and now the National, the top 3 jump races in this country in the last month and was champion jockey at cheltenham! Has done brilliantly!
She was 2nd in the Gold Cup, but won the triumph hurdle too. Best jumps jockey riding at the moment, vary rarely gets in the wrong position in a race.

Not from a racing background either, unlike the other top female jockeys.

I hope girls and young women can look at her and realise adult life isn't selfies, social media and anxiety

My apologies, thought she won the gold cup? Should have checked before posting!

I would have thought that average weight might be in favour of the ladies but I admit to know very little about the sport.Although I am planning a trip to Newmarket (not that fair from me now.)one day when things open up .I have a friend who is a big horse racing fan who has never been there.

The combined weight of the rider and equipment must be within a certain range so if there was an ultra light female there would be extra weight added to the saddle. I read somewhere that the average male jockey is only on average a couple kilos heavier than the average female jockey which on the grand scheme of things has no significant impact on the horse running.

Hollie Doyle is also one the very best jockeys riding on the flat right now.
There has been good lady jockeys in the past but they just needed the chance to get regular rides for the top trainers.
Horse Racing has been very ‘old school’ in the past so good on the girls.
They are there on merit.

In 2019 the Melbourne Cup was won by a female for the first time - Michelle Payne.

(For the uninitiated, The Melbourne Cup is as big as the Grand National over here. 3,200m but flat not jumps).

They made a movie about it, Ride Like a Girl.