Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 156 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

The counter is, can you blame them after the years where it was completely ignored.

I know we all seem to accept BLM was the trigger point, arseholes come out of the woodwork in response to be 'big, clever' whatever it might be. But there's no point pretending this didn't happen before, it just wasn't covered as widely.

I'd say that's extremely hard on Rashford and others, unless you think our own like Mings (oh he made a mistake) or Tyreik Wright (on loan at Walsall) was asking for it?

I know you weren't mate btw!

But that's the problem with taking the attitude they should come off. They shouldn't, the abuse shouldn't exist full stop. Yes call out the performance, call out the mistakes - crack on with that, but would it be any different for a female fan who banged on about hetero males - it shouldn't.

It's a crack that's irrelevant.

I no longer use our Facebook or Twitter as I started getting sucked in (which JF warned me about) - I can come off that because I was dealing with fucking idiots who hadn't bothered reading the articles and lived in a headline world. Difference is, I didn't get that kind of abuse, they were complete cockwombles BUT it was opinion. Nothing more.

If it had been more, I know myself well enough to know I'd have digged in.

I've got a massive freedom there others don't have. Which in itself, is kind of the point of why they are highlighting it now they have a moment to do just that.

I do think some go looking for it like Diane Abbot the other day trying to stir race trouble until she found out it was a car full of black lads who shot that girl.
Imagine if it had been a white person who shot her we'd have had rioting, protests all sort but as they were black not a murmur.
Lots of shit-stirring goes on

No, she's just thick. And there are plenty of murmurs about the ongoing gang issues, it's just not as national media happy as the press focus on county lines as the reality is, race is a small % in the overall problem.

So whilst absolutely right in your comment based on what's reported, it completely misses the real problem (which I know you get anyway from previous chats mate) - the whole thing forces everyone into whataboutary which is totally pointless for everyone.

If black lives matter stop killing yourselves - which in turn takes no account of rich white, established gangs in charge of the drug supply etc etc etc etc. Whilst also not being the point of any anti racist organisation because they aren't focused on 'community issues' (wrong phrase maybe) but it's also equally why in some cases they should step out their 'institutional bubble' and see a bigger picture that does actually apply to them.

Is this a joke? the article in pidgin

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-57291581

who be Sasha?
BBC News Pidgin is an online news service in West African Pidgin English that was launched by BBC World Service in 2017. The news service is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Pidgin is one of the most widely spoken languages in West Africa (with up to 75 million speakers in Nigeria) but it does not have a standard written form.

It's a pretty comical read it has to be said.

Chauvin has been sentenced to 22 years and 6 months for killing George Floyd.

He’s 45, that takes him to 67. I think I heard he could’ve got up to 30 years.

I think a few more years behind until he’s in his 70’s would’ve been a much greater sentence.

In our weak justice system, he would’ve got 14 years so us Brits can’t have any complaints.

Chauvin has been sentenced to 22 years and 6 months for killing George Floyd.

Asked for 30/40 (top line I think), but got far longer than the standard, so I think the Judge has called this one right in terms of highlighting the depravity without making it so severe it gets viewed as a public relations exercise.

Think this is the right place for 'race' focused.

Matrimonial advertisements in newspapers are not where Indian feminists generally go looking for a match.
Most of them are classified according to religion and caste, they often carry details of physical attributes such as skin colour, height and shape of the face, and many boast of six-figure incomes, family wealth and properties.
So, last week when an ad seeking "a non-farting, non-burping, handsome, rich feminist" man for "an opinionated feminist with short hair and piercings" appeared in India's largest-selling newspaper, it went viral.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57563720

I think this is bloody brilliant - some of the criticisms directed are hysterical.

So we have this wonderful lady. A hammer thrower apparently. The one who covered her face and turned her back on the national anthem of the USA.
Well. When you point fingers you normally get several pointing back.
Because of her attention seeking people have trawled her Twitter and discovered she is actually a hardcore racist.
Not surprising is it. She needs to be banned for this. Just like our cricket player was.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-charged-tweets-compares-Brett-Kavanaugh.html

So we have this wonderful lady. A hammer thrower apparently. The one who covered her face and turned her back on the national anthem of the USA.
Well. When you point fingers you normally get several pointing back.
Because of her attention seeking people have trawled her Twitter and discovered she is actually a hardcore racist.
Not surprising is it. She needs to be banned for this. Just like our cricket player was.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-charged-tweets-compares-Brett-Kavanaugh.html

As a general comment not necessarily with regard to the case of this lady as I don’t know the story in detail, where do we draw the line though on stupid things people write when they are a teenager?

I bet many of us have wrote things which are close to, or cross the line at certain points. I’ve been on these forums for years and it’s always been great for a laugh it’s the USP of this forum over other Villa ones (if there are others :hmmm:), but as time goes on there would be jokes I’ve no doubt I’ve made which I wouldn’t make publicly again.

As a general comment not necessarily with regard to the case of this lady as I don’t know the story in detail, where do we draw the line though on stupid things people write when they are a teenager?

I bet many of us have wrote things which are close to, or cross the line at certain points. I’ve been on these forums for years and it’s always been great for a laugh it’s the USP of this forum over other Villa ones (if there are others :hmmm:), but as time goes on there would be jokes I’ve no doubt I’ve made which I wouldn’t make publicly again.
Yeah agreed where do we draw the line.
But when she was 20 posting racist comments. Then last week turning her back on the anthem.
Signs are there aren't they that it wasn't just a teenage period of stupidity.

Yeah agreed where do we draw the line.
But when she was 20 posting racist comments. Then last week turning her back on the anthem.
Signs are there aren't they that it wasn't just a teenage period of stupidity.

I agree with Dan, where do we stop and how do we judge whether someone has grown up/changed/matured/educated themselves. Take Declan Rice, he had all those IRA tweets but is now playing for England. People tried to make Kevin Hart apologise twice for his homophobic tweets. I don't think Eddie Murphy ever apologized for what was pretty much hate speech against gay people in his act in the 80s.

Honestly Col its still early twenties, in my teens and early twenties I'd says things like gay and I used the word fa**ot. 25-45 we were the guinea pigs for social media and I am sure I've got some dodgy stuff buried in my FB. One of my brothers was homophobic, or I believe he was. 10 years is a long time he has grown immensely.

I've never admitted this because I feel shameful about it, I used to say what is Black Lives Matter. Why can't All Lives Matter, I said this at 24 I think. I've done the work to get more educated.

My personal belief, and it doesnt make it true but for me its true. People change, you're not the same person you were a year ago. For me thats true simply because of the progress I have made with my anxiety, self-awareness and the type of media I consume.