Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 155 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

@The Fear @Stephen Jay Hawkings @wittonite I can't walk back my comments because they were in fact very dumb!

I guess what I tried to say and I did it extremely poorly and inadvertently called a lot of you out which wasnt what I was attempting. I was trying to say I think you just create further division by going at them in a certain way. I've created a little division here now because I said X, Y and Z was dumb. My point was terribly crafted because Fear took it as I was saying you should say anything against BLM.

What I wanted to do was shed a light on better ways to "go at them". I have to eat humble pie because I didnt practice what I preach. I assumed you'd understand me which was entirely my fault. My attempt was to really take a step back, how are these people going to take it? Will you get anywhere by calling them out on something thats not relevant to the real issue at hand? Is this a nice and easy thing they can deflect?

Thats why I was trying to equate it to white privilege. Of course, if you tell someone they only got to the position they are in because they are white they're going to be defensive. They'll tell you how hard they worked and so on. Pointless, you've probably lost a potential ally because you went at them.

BLM I see a little like that too. If you go at the organization directly for its Marxists policies and anti-capitalistic stand I think you'll spin your wheels. The bigger issue for me with BLM is where the money goes. I think with race involved when you bring up something like marxism, I feel that is just a tool in their propaganda to aid and deflect away from the bigger crime. I think that is the embezzlement of donations. Didnt they get $100MM+ last year? What community has that helped?

So I apologize to Fear, SJH and Wittonite, and anyone else who thinks I called them dumb. Absolutely wasn't the intention. I was trying to go at the things I see on twitter and elsewhere but theres some overlap with comments here.

Have pm'd you mate. But also publicly, no apology needed from my point of view (as I said in my post)

I just think it is the PL/BBC/Sky who scored the own goal, divided and didn't do their research.

That makes me angry, because the cause is right and worthy and we should all be calling out racists (and other ism's)

And as said, I have no doubt some don't know what they are booing and others probably have racist intent.

Just so divisive using this group, who have such bad pr, to unite people in a cause. I was already united, now I see divisions.

I honestly didn't read anything offensive in what you were saying and it has made me reflect to try to understand. I do think we are all talking too much about BLM and their background, rather than the racism issue, and that is sad. I don't feel it is 'our' fault but do think maybe some are using it to deflect.

Mad world isn't it?!

@The Fear @Stephen Jay Hawkings @wittonite I can't walk back my comments because they were in fact very dumb!

I guess what I tried to say and I did it extremely poorly and inadvertently called a lot of you out which wasnt what I was attempting. I was trying to say I think you just create further division by going at them in a certain way. I've created a little division here now because I said X, Y and Z was dumb. My point was terribly crafted because Fear took it as I was saying you should say anything against BLM.

What I wanted to do was shed a light on better ways to "go at them". I have to eat humble pie because I didnt practice what I preach. I assumed you'd understand me which was entirely my fault. My attempt was to really take a step back, how are these people going to take it? Will you get anywhere by calling them out on something thats not relevant to the real issue at hand? Is this a nice and easy thing they can deflect?

Thats why I was trying to equate it to white privilege. Of course, if you tell someone they only got to the position they are in because they are white they're going to be defensive. They'll tell you how hard they worked and so on. Pointless, you've probably lost a potential ally because you went at them.

BLM I see a little like that too. If you go at the organization directly for its Marxists policies and anti-capitalistic stand I think you'll spin your wheels. The bigger issue for me with BLM is where the money goes. I think with race involved when you bring up something like marxism, I feel that is just a tool in their propaganda to aid and deflect away from the bigger crime. I think that is the embezzlement of donations. Didnt they get $100MM+ last year? What community has that helped?

So I apologize to Fear, SJH and Wittonite, and anyone else who thinks I called them dumb. Absolutely wasn't the intention. I was trying to go at the things I see on twitter and elsewhere but theres some overlap with comments here.
Its a forum mate, no need for any apology.
You will note there was a little smiley face after my comment.
If you didnt post what you felt it would be a waste of a post.
Keep them coming CDX.

Absolutely no apology necessary CDX, I didn't take it that you were calling anyone dumb at all.

I think I see your point, but like Fear says a group like that is never going to unite people the way it should. I do think booing players kneeling is idiotic no matter what the intent, and maybe that's kind of what you were driving at. I totally agree that is dumb and gets us nowhere.

looking back from the 60s, never had a problem with associating with any nationality, , i think you have to start, with the way you are brought up, by your parents, you cant wait for something to happen, , because nothing is ever handed on a plate , hence in the bad times you travelled anywhere to put bread on the table, like our parents before us, who had to walk, alas. there is an element out there , who wont work at any cost, and think if they keep quoting, the hard done by senario, they will??????????????? havent worked that out yet, seanie

Thats what I love about this place, always somebody waiting to mellow the mood after theres been a bit of a gaff or seriousness.

Can I just point out. Clearly I'm not dumb, in fact I'm very clever, as I understood your post.

:fish:

In hindsight though, anyone who points out that might sum me up given how I post, wouldn't be far wrong either.

Last edited:
Marcus Rashford got 70 racist tweets last night after losing the Uefa Cup final.

He is complaining about a maths teacher with an open profile abusing him.

Obviously, it's not right. Still, why is Marcus Rashford still on Twitter? Why is he reading DMs? Why is he doing his own social media?

The clubs made that stupid statement of the blackout weekend. I'm sure Rashford was in on that. He's obviously not happy with the service he's getting from Twitter. Why doesn't he delete it?

https://www.the42.ie/marcus-rashford-racist-abuse-europa-league-final-5449397-May2021/

I enjoyed this nonsense - someone on here mentioned it before that she just went through the motions of the unconscious bias training to get out of jail. I tried to give benefit of the doubt and I thought the left was not giving her a fair chance and allowing her "to grow". Seems I was wrong (again hahaha).

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/27/1000831280/amy-cooper-911-call-black-bird-watcher-lawsuit

Amy Cooper filed a federal lawsuit this week against Franklin Templeton, saying the company never investigated the incident that led to her firing — the confrontation between her and Christian Cooper. Her lawsuit claims that her employer discriminated against her because of her race and gender.

Marcus Rashford got 70 racist tweets last night after losing the Uefa Cup final.

He is complaining about a maths teacher with an open profile abusing him.

Obviously, it's not right. Still, why is Marcus Rashford still on Twitter? Why is he reading DMs? Why is he doing his own social media?

The clubs made that stupid statement of the blackout weekend. I'm sure Rashford was in on that. He's obviously not happy with the service he's getting from Twitter. Why doesn't he delete it?

https://www.the42.ie/marcus-rashford-racist-abuse-europa-league-final-5449397-May2021/
...because it's a income stream.

I think the people who send racist abuse are pathetic and the scum of the earth and probably thick as shit too.

But I do think there is an element of players deliberately going looking for it. Rashford just lost a major final and apparently was shit and missed a sitter which would have won them the cup. So the first thing he does after the game is go onto social media and log into the part of site where you can access unsolicited messages and then actually read through hundreds of messages from complete strangers?

Looks to me like Rashford is trying to use these genuine societal issues to deflect from his and his teams failings on the pitch.

I know it’s not the players fault but at some level surely it’s down to individuals to stop feeding into the situation on both sides. If no one is reading the comments eventually these pathetic racists will give up

I do think some go looking for it like Diane Abbot the other day trying to stir race trouble until she found out it was a car full of black lads who shot that girl.
Imagine if it had been a white person who shot her we'd have had rioting, protests all sort but as they were black not a murmur.
Lots of shit-stirring goes on