Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 144 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

No imminent threat - tazer was the right option as he was partially cuffed at worst and even though he went back into the car, he was actually on his back struggling with the officer (there was also an officer at the passenger side with the door open so he'd have quickly had hands on).

I know it's not a massive amount of time but I'd have said the gun was drawn pre fire for about 5/10 seconds from the clip I saw.

Ah right, you could understand the mistake if it was in panic, if he was going for her with a knife or gun.

So sad. Just a total waste of a life.

Ah right, you could understand the mistake if it was in panic, if he was going for her with a knife or gun.

So sad. Just a total waste of a life.

100% agree. But for me, whilst not a 'great' amount of time, for her experience in the job, it should've been long enough to 'feel' the difference or physically see she had the gun drawn not a bright yellow tazer.

The unknown now for me is in finding out she was training a newbie, so how much more out of it (any situation heightens you after all) could she have been thinking he'd react wrong/wouldn't react properly, so thinking possibly 'take charge now' she just totally overlooked her mistake as the focus was elsewhere.

Again for me watching the vid, the second she does shoot, the other two coppers almost freeze and it's that second or two, he reacts and gets to drive away and she's clearly in shock herself when she realises she's shot him.

Tragic mistake, but not murder and I genuinely don't believe this goes deeper than a tragic mistake she should never have made.

He might have been a wrongun in the eyes of some, but it was a nominal stop to begin with for nowt major and I don't remember what his outstanding was. Two lives over in effect for a mistake.

Its anecdotal but there was a podcast awhile ago with Joe Rogan and Jocko Wilink and another one with JR and a former Philly cop. Both mentioned how a lot police forces look for people who just make decisions and don't think.

I remember that they also specifically mention that in large urban centers they teach them to exercise control. Do not take any joking around or name calling, react with force and exercise dominance, show them who is in control. Apparently this is all escalation prevention so the cops don't get put into a bad situation. There is also multiple anecdotes that cops are taught "its you vs. them". Every civilian is the "other", a threat.

Here is what doesn't help the cops, there is a guy my GF actually knows from an old church, Tobiah Steinmetz. An evangelical lunatic, he is walking free right having led Police on a high speed chase and getting shot multiple times. He was in violation, he apparently appeared to threaten the cops, he got shot but he lives and is currently free. He'll likely get a reduced sentence due to military service and being a man of faith.

This poor young kid and many others who either had minor crimes or weren't even criminals are dead. Yet a man like this lad walks around free. Thats further perceptions and fuel for minorities to distrust the cops. Think its why you see people calling murder because this sort of thing just keeps happening. Its almost in the realm of conspiracy theory.

It doesn't seem to be talked about but in some ways this isn't a cop v black problem, it's a cop problem full stop where race does inevitably weight the %.

You can control a situation by having a laugh, it doesn't mean you aren't on your toes for something going wrong but to think you have to be arrogantly aggressive to control a situation is far more likely to provoke a reaction.

Defund is not the answer, even for those who understand it. But there does need to be massive changes and the first change has to come from cops being accountable - but equally not dragged over the coals in an effort to show things are changing.

Sadly there are no quick fixes for a country that allows guns because cops will go into every situation heightened...which means every civilian goes into a meeting heightened.

100% agree. But for me, whilst not a 'great' amount of time, for her experience in the job, it should've been long enough to 'feel' the difference or physically see she had the gun drawn not a bright yellow tazer.

The unknown now for me is in finding out she was training a newbie, so how much more out of it (any situation heightens you after all) could she have been thinking he'd react wrong/wouldn't react properly, so thinking possibly 'take charge now' she just totally overlooked her mistake as the focus was elsewhere.

Again for me watching the vid, the second she does shoot, the other two coppers almost freeze and it's that second or two, he reacts and gets to drive away and she's clearly in shock herself when she realises she's shot him.

Tragic mistake, but not murder and I genuinely don't believe this goes deeper than a tragic mistake she should never have made.

He might have been a wrongun in the eyes of some, but it was a nominal stop to begin with for nowt major and I don't remember what his outstanding was. Two lives over in effect for a mistake.
The young man was wanted CDX.
He was on 100,000 bail for strangling a woman to get 820 quid and using firearms.
He broke his bail conditions so there was a warrant for arrest. Will get a link.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ted-aggravated-robbery-when-he-was-killed.amp
So again. Not a purely innocent angel.
Not saying he deserved to die.
But the bigger twat you are the less sympathy i usually give.

You joke but a 13-year-old with a knife or gun is just as likely to kill you as an 18-year-old in that situation.

I've been very critical of the police for the multitude of high-profile murders that have taken place in the past few year. I don't think this one is in the same category.

That lad still wasn't a man, though. Something has gone really wrong for a very long time to have a 13 year old boy on the streets at 2:30am with a gun.

I've been very critical of the police for the multitude of high-profile murders that have taken place in the past few year. I don't think this one is in the same category.

That lad still wasn't a man, though. Something has gone really wrong for a very long time to have a 13 year old boy on the streets at 2:30am with a gun.
Why dont you think its same category?
Seems same ball park to me.

I agree, but Fox have done their normal twist by saying man to impose a threat, and at the point of being shot, he is quite clearly and obviously not holding a gun.

Not sure how dark it was, (if the camera lights things up) he had a gun, tossed it, (why do people have guns?) and turned round fairly quickly.

I agree, looks awful, but........... Never been in the position the policeman was in. Does look terrible, as he turns with his hands up. But again, they knew they had guns, would you take the chance?

Just all looks fucked up, very depressing that youngsters seem to be pushed down that route, feel they have nothing else but to join gangs etc. All his life in front of him and that happens.

13 and out with a gun at 2.30am.

Worrying world we live in where you can only get one version of the "truth" because the opposing views are able to stop a publication.

They haven't stopped the publication, just the distribution.

Both sides are as bad as each other. The right wing nutters tried to destroy American democracy. The left wing nutter want to cancel everyone who doesn't follow their twisted ideology.

They haven't stopped the publication, just the distribution.

Both sides are as bad as each other. The right wing nutters tried to destroy American democracy. The left wing nutter want to cancel everyone who doesn't follow their twisted ideology.

Both sides are to blame. However, in my opinion trying to destroy American democracy is a bit different to holding people accountable for their actions.