Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 143 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

She got a multi-media deal to write books and other stuff. There is no suggestion that she stole donations to buy that house. That was clear in the article but you overlooked it because it doesn't suit your agenda.
My agenda being what?

The US army video is disgusting, but the Wright shooting is gaining way too much attention for the wrong reasons. The story there is cop not knowing the difference between a tazer and a gun - nothing else.

Oh good God - I thought she was a newbie who panicked - she was a 26 yr old vet in the job, and it's also been pointed out (I thought it was me for a minute) this is exactly why procedure is cuff over the boot, not near the door.

A fuck up on every level, even if he did try and flee.

She's rightly resigned, but that has to be negligent manslaughter charges at worst. 26 yrs on the job, sorry, she has no excuse, even with that experience you can go for the wrong holster in the moment but the shot wasn't instant, you'd notice the difference in that timeframe in my humble.

That really does throw up other questions, and those are the questions the US didn't need right now....I think my first thought here on seeing the video was completely wrong.

A white police officer who shot dead a black motorist in Minnesota is to be charged with second degree manslaughter, prosecutors have told US media.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56752821

Wow. BLM is actually having an effect. US cops are starting to be held responsible for their actions. Let's see if she gets convicted.

I do have some sympathy for that officer. She didn't mean to kill that guy but she did kill him.

I do have some sympathy for that officer. She didn't mean to kill that guy but she did kill him.

I haven’t read loads about it but I think I’m on your thought train here.

I did read a post on social media which was something along the lines of “if you can’t tell the difference between a gun and taser, you shouldn’t allowed to carry either”. I guess heat of the moment it’s not as simple as that, but surely you would have enough training to whip the right one out quickly?!

I haven’t read loads about it but I think I’m on your thought train here.

I did read a post on social media which was something along the lines of “if you can’t tell the difference between a gun and taser, you shouldn’t allowed to carry either”. I guess heat of the moment it’s not as simple as that, but surely you would have enough training to whip the right one out quickly?!

You'd have to ask why the first reaction is always to go for their gun. People run away from the cops all the time in the UK and don't get murdered for it.

You'd have to ask why the first reaction is always to go for their gun. People run away from the cops all the time in the UK and don't get murdered for it.

From what I read they go through very specific training to avoid doing what she did. What I am about to say is full of ignorance but given most peoples dominant hand is their right hand why is lethal force on their right hand side? I would imagine your first instinct especially in heat of the moment is not to rich across your body for the taser but to each straight down for the gun.

I acknowledge it is really complicated and I obviously don't want cops at a disadvantage in life or death situations but 1 death from a mistake is too many as well.

It sounds like she genuinely made a gigantic error. Supposedly she shouted taser and so on and then reacted in disbelief when she shot him. Its probably one of the few incidents of a real mistake without malice intent in the last 10 years.

You can hear her shout tazer about three times and she did sound in shock after - I've since learnt she was also supervising a newbie so maybe panicked on his behalf - but the shot still wasn't instant so she should've twigged.

I'm still on the 'MASSIVE' mistake bench, but it's not murder the protesters are now shouting. She's got the right charge and if she is decent, she'll regret this for her remainder.

Has definitely whipped everything up again though sadly.

I have heard the bit where she says she'd shot him, but not seen what led up to it, was she under threat at all?

Total mess. Waste of a young life (that should read yet another waste of a young life ) and looks like she's ruined her own as well.

No imminent threat - tazer was the right option as he was partially cuffed at worst and even though he went back into the car, he was actually on his back struggling with the officer (there was also an officer at the passenger side with the door open so he'd have quickly had hands on).

I know it's not a massive amount of time but I'd have said the gun was drawn pre fire for about 5/10 seconds from the clip I saw.