Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 142 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Re: taking the knee, if that's what players/clubs want to do, then fine, that's their lookout.

But considering the apparent rise in social media hate messages to players in the past few months (as being reported on n almost daily basis), I really don't think the message is getting through and maybe it's time for something different?

Better if all clubs and players left social media for 1 month and let the trolls/idiots see if they prefer it with no interaction from these people.

To be fair, players never used to be on, or when they were, it was with secret names. Mings the other week was quoted as saying we all rely on them posting for interaction. Nope, we really don't, or didn't. Find it so embarrassing how people tag in these players like they are mates.

The youth of today who actually seem to be behind many of the messaging from those who have been exposed, are taking for granted the ease at which you can contact a professional sports player or celebrity or politician or what have you.

In my day growing up, unless you bumped into a footballer randomly for your 10 second autograph or picture, you couldn’t communicate with a footballer. Although I’m sure 90% of messages are deleted before being read, those which stand out will get read and there’s a risk they get published.

I really think kids needs training and awareness courses on the risks of social media - that’s if they aren’t getting this stuff already.

It could be career limiting for an immature action of a kid in their early teens that comes back to bite in 10 or 20 years from social media, and I’m not even talking about sending abuse. That politician who wrote “milf” was being criticised for writing something a decade ago... I’m sure many of us have wrote MILF on the internet somewhere! (Don’t go through my tens of thousands of posts btw, I know I have somewhere).

Bodybutter im struggling to understand your logic.
The Eton boys as you call them do dodgy deals and get rich via other means and you seem to passionately hate it. Youve called them out and made it clear you are against it. Which is fine. And right.

But a BLM boss does more or less the same thing... and you defend it????

Dont get it.

It’s kind of like being a vocal preacher of veganism but eating Steak at fancy restaurants.

I suspect though her wealth has come off the back of BLM through salary and bonuses, or fame potentially, so to advance in the world off the back of success but on the success of an organisation who don’t believe in those forces of economics is just hypocritical.

That BLM lady bought a house! What a bitch!

She got a book deal, or perhaps more. I believe it was described as a multi-media deal.

I have a mate in California. He paid $1m for a row house on the edge of the hood. It's like one of those houses the guys lived in in Boyz in the Hood. It has bars on the windows and steel doors.

Marxists also need houses to live in.

Fucking hell lad don't say stuff like that. I just moved to the Bay 3 weeks ago and I was hoping to buy inside the next 5 years. 20% down? Good luck, I'll be lucky to manage 5% with an engagement, wedding, baby and all the rest thrown in.

Marxism sounds tempting now if I get a free house

Bodybutter im struggling to understand your logic.
The Eton boys as you call them do dodgy deals and get rich via other means and you seem to passionately hate it. Youve called them out and made it clear you are against it. Which is fine. And right.

But a BLM boss does more or less the same thing... and you defend it????

Dont get it.

She got a multi-media deal to write books and other stuff. There is no suggestion that she stole donations to buy that house. That was clear in the article but you overlooked it because it doesn't suit your agenda.

She got a multi-media deal to write books and other stuff. There is no suggestion that she stole donations to buy that house. That was clear in the article but you overlooked it because it doesn't suit your agenda.
If she got a book deal and it enables her to buy that place isnt she just on the same capitalist tread mill we are all on, only better paid by the look of it.

They just need a good pummelling from their dad mate, worked for me and My Dad and his Dad etc

I think it’s different actually, in our day if we communicated with a footballer it was in person and yes your dad would’ve given you a clip around the ear if you were a yob - potentially. Do parents know what their kids are sending online? No idea

Fucking hell lad don't say stuff like that. I just moved to the Bay 3 weeks ago and I was hoping to buy inside the next 5 years. 20% down? Good luck, I'll be lucky to manage 5% with an engagement, wedding, baby and all the rest thrown in.

Marxism sounds tempting now if I get a free house

I don't know if he got a bad deal or what but he was house hunting for a while and it sounds like he paid a whole lot of money for a house that I wouldn't want to live in. His house is somewhere in Oakland.

Last edited:
I think it’s different actually, in our day if we communicated with a footballer it was in person and yes your dad would’ve given you a clip around the ear if you were a yob - potentially. Do parents know what their kids are sending online? No idea
Local copper would give you a clip round the ear ole when I was a kid and you wouldn't be cheeking him and filming him and pissing about that's for sure

And shes so against white supremacy but has no problem living amongst them in a white affluent area. Hypocrite alert.

Yeah but those things aren't mutually exclusive, she appears to be a hypocrite based on economic ideology but that's where I think it stops. BLM whether you agree with it or not does not means its against white people generally. Thats both the idea and the organization. Neither are a black supremacy organization.

Why it upsets me a little is people online want to taint and tarnish it as much as they can. AOC, Ilhan Omar and Kamala Harris are all married or with white men. That doesn't mean they suddenly support the old confederacy and it doesn't make them hypocrites. They can still be against white supremacy but love a white partner and have white friends. From a personal standpoint I will be marrying a black woman and its hard enough for us as it is without taking on the conservative narratives that we shouldn't be together.

That is a huge frustration for me, peoples political agenda and their narratives affect me and my soon to be. Life isn't fair I know but because of someone else's agenda we get it from all sides. We get it from conservatives, we get it woke people and we get it from people who are left but will listen to conservative stuff.

I've mentioned it on here before that one of her white ultra woke friends thinks we shouldn't be together because I am a white manned she's a black woman. Its tough enough that black men think she's "betrayed" her race (that's not all black men of course) without her "friend" saying it too.

I know your comment isn't about what I mentioned but its in the same ballpark, those type of ideas tend to run together. She isn't a hypocrite for living in a majority white area and it doesn't help or make sense that she is criticized for that specifically. I actually think that completely detracts from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if her media team even perpetuated that false narrative to detract from something that would be very damaging to her and the organization.

I don't know if he got a bad deal or what but he was house hunting for a while and it sounds like he paid a whole lot of money for a house that I wouldn't want to like in. His house is somewhere in Oakland.

Oh yeah, east bay is "up and coming" but I think its like Bushwick in the early 2010s or Williamsburg in the mid-2000s, "Gentrifiers".