Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 139 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Yep. If there is wrong doing by the police then that clearly needs reviewing and be dealt with but I had my TV on by 9am on the sunday morning and the police were hung , drawn and quartered already by then .

Oh and whether wrong doing or not by the police the politicians in their eagerness to impress all neglected to condemn the gathering (peaceful or otherwise) which broke lockdown rules.

Shambles.

the whole law and order thing is a shambles now though, as you say, they were hung out to dry before any time or consideration was given. And then you get those on social media 'and people wonder why we hate the police'.

Err.. and when you are in trouble? Who do you call? Dynorod?

The sad thing is, with both hands tied behind their backs, police (and teachers) and others in authority, don't have a bloody chance now. I wonder how the wishy washy will feel when they end up in danger and the police answer 999 saying sorry, human rights, we can't intervene?

Sewell has said this previously and we've seen what's happened in the last 15 odd years - it was a mistake appointing him, but there are others on the panel who did the work I'm inclined to believe.

The UK "no longer" has a system rigged against people from ethnic minorities, a review set up by No 10 says.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56585538

It pointed to what we've talked about before from certain US commentators - there's proof of racism absolutely, but not ingrained institutionalised (not to say there aren't other institutions outside of their remit that are) but class status and where you sit on the poor scale is far more of a guide to inherent discrimination within the system and how you are treated.

Problem is this'll end up now in a semantic argument about what terms mean rather than addressing the real issues that would also have a positive effect if you look solely through the racism angle.

Sewell has said this previously and we've seen what's happened in the last 15 odd years - it was a mistake appointing him, but there are others on the panel who did the work I'm inclined to believe.

The UK "no longer" has a system rigged against people from ethnic minorities, a review set up by No 10 says.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56585538

It pointed to what we've talked about before from certain US commentators - there's proof of racism absolutely, but not ingrained institutionalised (not to say there aren't other institutions outside of their remit that are) but class status and where you sit on the poor scale is far more of a guide to inherent discrimination within the system and how you are treated.

Problem is this'll end up now in a semantic argument about what terms mean rather than addressing the real issues that would also have a positive effect if you look solely through the racism angle.
So the Runny Mead Trust feel let down.
What that really means is they didnt get the answer they wanted to fit their narrative.
They would never have been happy unless there was a finding of rampant racism.
Who pays for these trust?

Wow this footage doesn't get any better.

Third copper actually says after he's stopped any kind of resisting (ie moving/moaning if that's resisting) "should we turn him on his side" and Chauvin I assume orders no.

I wish they'd stop cutting the sound....there was an EMS reference after he's already passed out/dead but I can't tell if it's a call for them or simply an ETA update - although I think the latter?

Edit - EMS requested at 20.20.

But he eventually gets in the car (normal seated position), and officers appear to drag him out of the other side immediately - over or through the partition straps - and then an officer says he refused to get out of the car?

And the curious oddity being, whose bodycam is on the floor under the car?

Last edited:
Wasn't it claimed Floyd swallowed a quantity of drugs prior to being arrested so the cops couldn't charge him?

Well, he was undoubtedly on something in the shop but not a single one of the body cam footage shows him attempting to put something in his mouth.

Despite not struggling (whatever happened in the cop car as per my other post), despite being cuffed Chauvin's first action was to grip him tightly around the neck for a few seconds whilst the other copper (the one I believe who suggested rolling him on his side but was ignored) comfortably had him by the arm/body.

Meant to say that last night.

Wasn't it claimed Floyd swallowed a quantity of drugs prior to being arrested so the cops couldn't charge him?

Well, he was undoubtedly on something in the shop but not a single one of the body cam footage shows him attempting to put something in his mouth.

Despite not struggling (whatever happened in the cop car as per my other post), despite being cuffed Chauvin's first action was to grip him tightly around the neck for a few seconds whilst the other copper (the one I believe who suggested rolling him on his side but was ignored) comfortably had him by the arm/body.

Meant to say that last night.
Did you see the young black cashier lad get interviewed?
Charming, lovely young man. So polite and respectful, my heart bled for him that he was involved with this trial.
Especially that he confirmed he thought Floyd was high. I really hope the community or the loons dont go after him or he gets a backlash.
Such ashame such a clever, well rounded young lad could potentially be facing horrible comments if the result dont go right.

No, he did well. I don't see a backlash for the truth. I'd have said Floyd was clearly on something watching the vids - but he wasn't out of it, overly emotional but not spaced or incoherent and as per other post, the claim he quickly swallowed something just doesn't stack up.

Another reason not to take the government's race report seriously. Another example of them making stuff up.

"An author and curator named as someone who gave evidence to the Government’s controversial race report has angrily denied having anything to do with the review after he was included in error."

“They never contacted me or consulted me. And if they knew anything about me, they know I would not have had anything to do with any of the current shenanigans at Number 10,” he said."

https://bit.ly/31EmJYJ

Another reason not to take the government's race report seriously. Another example of them making stuff up.

"An author and curator named as someone who gave evidence to the Government’s controversial race report has angrily denied having anything to do with the review after he was included in error."

“They never contacted me or consulted me. And if they knew anything about me, they know I would not have had anything to do with any of the current shenanigans at Number 10,” he said."

https://bit.ly/31EmJYJ

I haven’t read the report apart from the headlines but it does seem wide of the mark for any organisation to claim there is no racism in their organisation, and certainly for a government to claim there is no systemic racism.

If I’m being honest, the race claims are starting to wear thin. White people aren’t all bad, we have a few things we need to look at which I’ve banged on about many times in this thread which are largely to do with making a few degrees shift with our subconscious thinking and affinity bias.

But to release a report with that conclusion does seem inflammatory.

The reality is, the far left are moving so extreme that those in the centre right are vocal about them. It’s like a mirror effect of views, the further it goes one way, the further the opposite view goes the other way.

Although it seems a whacky conclusion to me - and I’m pretty down the middle on lots of topics - the reality is most middle class, suburban white people won’t lose sleep over the report as it doesn’t affect them. And they’re the people that make up the biggest segment of our society and who keep the Tories in power, rather than the 8m people who are “BAME”.

They did suggest getting rid of the word “BAME” though - such a terrible phrase to bucket everyone with darker skin than mine in.

All colours and races can be nice, can be criminals, can be tossers, can be angels, could have strange personalities, could have extreme views and you know what....
ALL races can be racist too.
Works both ways for everything.
If the UK has a racist issue.... that doesnt exclusively mean white racists.
Just like crime, you will never live in a world free from racism.
Makes my blood boil that white people are the only ones called out for it.
If we blame all crime on BAMES there is uproar. But its ok to blame all racism on white people? Its laughable.

The phrase BAME is ridiculous.
The chinese are the most educated and the richest per capita in the UK... so why are the chucked into that bracket?
There was a report out recently suggested that working class white boys are less likely to be educated or earn the money of any other class.
So really it should be BAMEplus.

The report sounds like when you have one of those bosses who when they ask for some information they expect you to give you the answer they want to see.

Like I said, I haven’t read the report but they could’ve at least tactically admitted there are some more trivial things they need to sort to at least avoid this PR outrage from it all!

The chinese are the most educated and the richest per capita in the UK... so why are the chucked into that bracket?
There was a report out recently suggested that working class white boys are less likely to be educated or earn the money of any other class.

Perhaps they should just include white people in it?

I work with lots of educated Indians in my field who have made successful careers for themselves. By far and away the most racist ethnicity in my opinion. Too many deep rooted historical problems that even cause division within the culture.

It's probably important to consult with minorities on what they think. The indian side of my family hate it and do not want to be lumped into a category that includes other races, they see it as a crude piece of labelling.