Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 153 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Dumb shit like that just undermines their cause, I personally think she thought she knew what she was doing by disabling mentions. Probably thought "sure if Im wrong they wont be able to call me out".

Now the opposite narrative will be driven home, "she's in a gang", "why does she hang out with criminals" and so on. No proof of any of it, whoever shot them up might even have made a mistake and got the wrong place but it doesnt matter now. Anyone who dislikes her will forever question her and say she is in a gang or has gang ties.

This woman is dumb.

Isn't that the mouthy one that wants white people to be slaves?

Hope she pulls through for the sake of her kids.

Yes, I read that somewhere. She is also the same lady who came out with this :eek::

On a human level ignoring politics and views, I think it’s genuinely very sad that in Britain the mother of young children has been shot. This is a minefield and words need to be chosen very carefully, along with hearing the full facts of the perpetrator.

We do seem to have a problem in our society which needs sorting out as too many young, black people are being killed in this way or similar with other deadly weapons.

Yes, I read that somewhere. She is also the same lady who came out with this :eek::

On a human level ignoring politics and views, I think it’s genuinely very sad that in Britain the mother of young children has been shot. This is a minefield and words need to be chosen very carefully, along with hearing the full facts of the perpetrator.

We do seem to have a problem in our society which needs sorting out as too many young, black people are being killed in this way or similar with other deadly weapons.
First clip I've seen of her. She looks charming. From that clip I wouldn't say she would be the type of person to be affiliated.
Mmmmm. Cough.

This incident is a big moment for BLM to make a big statement and step up for the greater good IF the perpetrator was not related to activism retaliation (which I really hope not, which doesn’t make it better but it feels like it could make the situation a whole load worse), and if this a crime within the black community.

And that isn't to say some booing arent racist or ignorant. Got to be balanced and fair.

Not defending the booing by any stretch, I think it’s moronic. It just brings bad PR for the club, I’ve seen it reported that we had booing at the start of our game.

But perhaps some people just don’t want to see politics brought into football and that’s why they’re booing?

Last edited:
Not defending the booing by any stretch, I think it’s moronic. It just brings bad PR for the club, I’ve seen it reported there as booing at the start of our game.

But perhaps some people just don’t want to see politics brought into football and that’s why they’re booing?

Yes, I know you weren't mate. And yes, that was my point also, some probably don't stop and think, some probably have racist thoughts, others could well have the political issue with BLM. As said, never heard booing for kick racism out campaigns, but we all have for BLM.

Yes, I know you weren't mate. And yes, that was my point also, some probably don't stop and think, some probably have racist thoughts, others could well have the political issue with BLM. As said, never heard booing for kick racism out campaigns, but we all have for BLM.

No don’t worry I wasn’t saying you were, I was just reinforcing your point

It’s tough saying something about a topic which you don’t feel comfortable saying, but you say it and then someone else says it and you end up saying it without actually saying it... 🤯
Sometimes though whether it's border line controversial or not.... You've got to get to a point where you call out the bullshit. There's only so much lip biting people can do for the sake of treading on eggshells in case someone disagrees or takes offence.
Bullshit is bullshit whatever coloured bull it comes from. And from the tiny little clips of that woman I have seen my gut feeling tells me she is poisonous.

Controversial or comfortable isn't the point or an issue Col or Dan. People have a right to be offended, they just don't have a right to expect something to be done about it (circa Stephen Fry?)

It's qualifying it, keeping it in context, and not using lazy insults to get your point across. There's no issue doing that - least not on here, I won't speak for social media obviously! Whilst us lot can't solve these issues, it doesn't mean we aren't entitled to talk about them.

Nobody needs to lip bite, just look at the threads on here when we dig into a subject. We're bloody good at it on here and when any of us over step or mis-explain, it gets pointed out, and then we all requalify so we are clear and fine.

I did it the other night and confused JF even though I already knew he agreed with me - but I didn't add enough context for it to make sense lol

From what I've seen I can't stand what she stands for and she has no role to play in searching for equality. Because that's not what her words say she's after. No different than the BNP or NF on that front.

Some corners of the net are up in arms about the media description, but they have to tread carefully and wait for the actual facts to come out.

With all of that said - she's got kids, we might flippantly make comments on here as we all have done about which camp she needs to be in, but depending on the circs here, she didn't deserve that and I'd rather her have spoken and debated with properly intelligent people so she saw how she was a detriment to the very cause she supposedly stands for in terms of equality.

The usual MP's have come out totally clueless to the backstory, and she's not a martyr anyone needs.

What a mess all this is.

A slogan and an organization conflated together which ultimately undermines the true original message. IMO BLM the organization should change their name, they are now a barrier to progress. They won't do it tho, too much publicity and that means a lot of money going into the coffers. The irony of it all.

I am on the fence about what Dan said, if there was in fact boring then I don't think its wrong for Mings to make a statement. Yet with the issue outlined above who knows what he really means when he says "educate yourselves".

What a mess. Its much like criticizing Israel without being antisemitic, its in that realm.

--

My view is always to look at it from the angle of "you catch more bee's with honey". I think it is dumb to criticize BLM in the way most do. Booing them, stupid. Saying they are a marxist anti-capitalist group, factual but also dumb. Trying to tarnish the name of this woman, maybe not dumb but certainly a complete waste of time.

To me its the same as bias and sensitivity training, when the person walks in the room and calls everyone a racist. Or when every white person is told they have privilege.

If you give someone a reason to be defensive they are going to be and you'll get absolutely nowhere with a defensive person.