Question over booking matchday tickets: | Vital Football

Question over booking matchday tickets:

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Trying to book tickets for MK and Charlton games. Do you have to give names and e-mail addresses for the tickets booked, or can I put them all down under my name? if so, what about if some haven't got e-mail addresses?

My Mrs got three tickets for the MK Dons game one for my six year old Grandson so presume no email addresses required other than yours

Trying to book tickets for MK and Charlton games. Do you have to give names and e-mail addresses for the tickets booked, or can I put them all down under my name? if so, what about if some haven't got e-mail addresses?
I don’t think it’s any different to when you book theatre tickets. You get them in one name. That means you either print them off and give each person a ticket or get them all on your phone. Once they’re on your phone as a document I presume you could forward the tickets to others but I haven’t tried that. The club advises that when you download a ticket to your phone to save it on an e-reader app like Adobe. I hadn’t got Adobe Acrobat Reader on my phone so I downloaded that first and then it’s easy to save the ticket to that. It means it’s easy to get to the ticket by just opening the app rather than having to go to the effort of going to the ticketing site and finding the ticket when you need to show it at the turnstile.

I saved both mine and my son's season ticket to my phone and just scan them at the gate when we get there. There's no indication that it needs to be personalised. It seems provided the QR code scans, you'll be let in.

I found the downloading and storing of the ticket on my phone as a bit clunky, compared to other sporting and music events I've been to where it's easy just to add it to you're Apple or Google wallet and use it from there along with debit and credit cards and the like. However, once I downloaded it via the pdf option and stored it in a slightly clunky, place on my iPhone in "files", it's fairly readily and easily accessible. My dad uses a pdf print off which works equally well.

Thanks for your replies guys. I needed 6 tickets for Charlton and 4 for MK which I've now managed to book in my name for all of them. Easy when you know how

Just to add, after being ridiculously busy since the start of summer. Things are finally easing up, coupled with the wife and kids at the hop garden on Saturday for Ollie Murrs (I wonder if he’s got a tribute act for the factory?).
. I have gone online, changed my password, ordered, paid for and downloaded my ticket for MK.

Fucking have it!

I'm thinking I'm gonna be able to get to the game on Saturday (first since West Ham) so bumper crowd if this is anything to go by!

I'm thinking I'm gonna be able to get to the game on Saturday (first since West Ham) so bumper crowd if this is anything to go by!
Not so sure about that, I think the bumper crowd is likely to be the Charlton one next Tuesday. There were lots more spaces for MK game when looking at seat selection than Charlton.

It will be interesting to see. Lincoln was disappointing but Morecambe was shocking. A one off or an indication of our new core support.

MK and Wigan will help us form a view. Charlton will be a spike as its a Derby.

It will be interesting to see. Lincoln was disappointing but Morecambe was shocking. A one off or an indication of our new core support.

MK and Wigan will help us form a view. Charlton will be a spike as its a Derby.

So, was the Lincoln crowd actually 4.6k (low) or 5.8k (decent) as reported by a lot of online media?

The fact Lincoln had I believe about 1k away fans, and the pics of the RE showed it pretty full, I thought the 5.8k figure was nearer the mark.

So, was the Lincoln crowd actually 4.6k (low) or 5.8k (decent) as reported by a lot of online media?

The fact Lincoln had I believe about 1k away fans, and the pics of the RE showed it pretty full, I thought the 5.8k figure was nearer the mark.

Reported as 4.8K on here with 600 lincoln so gills crowd was approx 4.2K. Dropping by approx 500 for the Morecambe game.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gillingham-v-lincoln-city-match-report-251955/

After two years (approx) without live football I thought that was poor.

That said there are valid reasons for why people might stay away. My hunch is that about 1000 people have just walked away from gills over the last decade.

MK and Wigan gates will give us a better idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys. I needed 6 tickets for Charlton and 4 for MK which I've now managed to book in my name for all of them. Easy when you know how

Just bought tickets for me and a mate for tomorrow night. Downloaded both tickets but they both come up with the same seat number rather than separate ones. Was this this case for you Davy?

Glad you've solved it Billy. You probably did what I did initially which was to print off the same ticket twice.

Glad you've solved it Billy. You probably did what I did initially which was to print off the same ticket twice.

Downloaded them numerous times mate and eventually one came through with the different seat number. Sent it on WhatsApp to my mate and he's taken a screenshot of it.

Think we might still have problems with our all singing and dancing ticketing system. I phoned up yesterday to see about getting two free tickets for the Accrington game (as I am a season ticket holder). I was talked through the procedure (by very helpful staff) and all seemed to be going well until they tried to trace me on the system. Unfortunately they could not find me (although they had contacted me in the past about the replica shirt offer). They promised to phone me back later, nothing has so far happened, so I have E-mailed them with my details. :confused:

Think we might still have problems with our all singing and dancing ticketing system. I phoned up yesterday to see about getting two free tickets for the Accrington game (as I am a season ticket holder). I was talked through the procedure (by very helpful staff) and all seemed to be going well until they tried to trace me on the system. Unfortunately they could not find me (although they had contacted me in the past about the replica shirt offer). They promised to phone me back later, nothing has so far happened, so I have E-mailed them with my details. :confused:
Ticket office is open during the week, and on home matchdays up until kickoff, might be better to go in to sort it out.

Bit of a trek down from London (to sort out their mismanagement) and match days, I'm pissed. Think it's better I communicate via E-mail and phone.

Cannot see how they have managed to lose my information, as they have issued me with a season ticket and the replica shirt.

Bit of a trek down from London (to sort out their mismanagement) and match days, I'm pissed. Think it's better I communicate via E-mail and phone.

Cannot see how they have managed to lose my information, as they have issued me with a season ticket and the replica shirt.

Can you log onto your account or has that gone ?