question for Buddha | Vital Football

question for Buddha

The pledge

Vital Reserves Team
although my political views are alien to yours, and no doubt u consider me to be a right wing racist, u do listen and I must admit my views on certain things have changed over the years, because of your posts. Question for you. How do u see the future of this country. Obviously u have views on want u want the country to be like. But are we going further into Huxleys Brave new world, are we heading for a muslim state (my view). How do u see it ?.

although my political views are alien to yours, and no doubt u consider me to be a right wing racist, u do listen and I must admit my views on certain things have changed over the years, because of your posts. Question for you. How do u see the future of this country. Obviously u have views on want u want the country to be like. But are we going further into Huxleys Brave new world, are we heading for a muslim state (my view). How do u see it ?.

I'm very worried. Very worried indeed. But I try to remain positive. The ideal for me, the dream, the utopia; that is a world where all humanity is free from oppression and slavery. A world where there is peace among all nations and freedom for all of humanity (and all living things on this planet, why not, ffs?!). That is my hope, and all the time there is hope then life is worth living.

But the reality is that aint likely to be happening anytime soon.

I think that this country is in a real mess. I think that there are a myriad of reasons for this but economically the main reasons can be better understood if you step back and take a long view. Much of the country's wealth was built upon the strength of our Empire and the strength of our industry. But both of those things have now gone. Well and truly gone.

Part of the problem is that we have a large and ageing population to support with no empire and no real industry. And yes, part of the reason that we have a large population is because of immigration. But it's not so simple to just say immigration is a bad thing. It has been as much a part of the solution to this country's problems as it has been a cause of problems. It is also an integral part to the entire history of this island. Ultimately we are all immigrants, if we trace our ancestry far enough back. Our lives and our culture are also far more enriched as a result of the influence of the other cultures that have become a part of our own (take music or food, do you like The Specials and/or a curry?).

I think that there is going to be a huge world wide economic depression. I think it is going to be worse than anything any of us have ever known. Worse than 2008, worse than the 1980s. As bad, if not worse, than the depression that was triggered by the Wall St Crash in 1929. I dunno if you know anything about that, the pledge, but it was a big fucking deal. So many millions and millions of people without work and without food. People were starving. People were desperate.

And when people are desperate and starving they want to hear that someone has answers to their problems. And these are the conditions and the times in which dangerous charlatans with charisma and apparent answers to the people's problems can gain power. Extreme times give rise to extreme ideas and entire sections of society get blamed for all of societies' ills.

There is and will always be a minority of fascists who want to scapegoat and spread hatred. In normal times they never gain a foothold. But when people are desperate they are easily manipulated and extreme politics of hate and blame can gain in popularity and take over. If and when this happens all is pretty much lost. People start accepting or even taking part in horrific things that normally they would have completely rejected. Anybody who doesn't accept the new way becomes part of the problem and they too then become subject to the blame and the hatred.

Read up on the 1930s and the conditions that led up to WW2. I've got a feeling that you are a proud Englishman who celebrated the 75th anniversary of VE Day recently. Remember what that was a celebration of. The enemy back then was fascism, and it still is today. Fascism must always remain the enemy.

And that's why I am a huge opponent (same as you and everyone on this board) to Islamic terrorism and Islamic extremism. The Islamists, the ones doing the terrorism and the ones who want to impose their will on everybody else, they are fascists. And as such they must be opposed and defeated.

But those people who tell you that all Islam is hateful and must be defeated. they are telling you lies and trying to manipulate you. It is the same, you must see, as when the Jews were blamed for all the ills of society. That ended with them being systematically killed and with the world war that was required to save the everyone from Nazi brutality and slavery.

As I said at the beginning of this post there is still hope. Good people must think clearly and encourage other good people to also think clearly. Love each other regardless of the things that divide us or that are different about us. Concentrate instead upon the things that make us the same and the things that unite us. For instance, don't be prejudiced against all Muslims just because you don't know or understand their culture and/or because they're different to you. Think instead of their humanity and their emotions, they feel the same things as you. Unite with the Muslim community against Islamism. We all hate it and want to defeat it, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Last edited:
If you believe that you need treatment mainly because you are addicted to the lies etc that the likes of Tommy Robinson peddle. If Gel Boy was credible, he'd be an elected MP by now.

That's why he must be encouraged to broaden his knowledge and understanding by reading a wide range of opinions and learning some history. It's no good just telling him he's wrong.

If all he reads is the reactionary populist shite it's no wonder he holds the opinions that he does. We both know, Wayne, that although TR is peddling hatred and bullshit, the way in which it is presented is seductive to those who have genuine fears and worries but without having a proper understanding of the bigger picture. TR is working class so it's obvious that he will appeal to some of the working class, he is far more 'real' than the educated elites from the higher classes. In many respects TR is, 'one of us'.

Though obviously, I'm sure you'll appreciate how I don't enjoy saying or even accepting that! TR's views are so obnoxious and so dangerous; I reject him as representative of our class. And that is why working class voices are needed in the fight against all forms of fascism. We mustn't allow our brothers and sisters to be manipulated by the likes of TR. We can't just tell them that they're wrong and open their eyes for them. We have to teach them to learn to open their own eyes and then see for themselves.

Last edited:
I think the problem, is the belief that we are a different class, different colour, different race, we are in fact all the same. Each group have a mixture of good and bad, it is when someone like TR can exploit the perceived differences in otherwise good people, and get one group fighting against the other, it allows the evil to take hold.
The fact that the poor envy the rich, and envy can easily be turned to hate is a problem. the fact that greed will encourage people to perform inhumane acts to grow their wealth, can easily be turned to contempt and hatred, the believe that all left wing is bad, or all right wing is bad is a division that can be exploited to generate hate.
The only real difference between people is in the good or evil, unfortunately the evil will try to create as many differences as it can muster to turn people against each other.

Last edited:
If you are correct about a a huge economic depression then it will be interesting if people from the UK look to move to countries with employment and life opportunities.

We may all look to migration and become economic migrants ourselves !!!

If you are correct about a a huge economic depression then it will be interesting if people from the UK look to move to countries with employment and life opportunities.

Dunno what places or opportunities you're thinking of but I'm not talking just about a UK depression, I'm talking global depression.

And all the ingredients for horror and war and more horror.

Good point Mark.
My folks were ten quid poms, obviously looking for a better life for their kids.
Unfortunately my mum didn’t like Aus but we as kids loved it.
I wouldn’t say we were economic migrants but dad was certainly searching for a better life.
They decided to return and the rest is history.
One of my aunts stayed with her family and I’d say that all of my siblings have fared better than my cousins in Australia.
Life’s what you make it

Good point Mark.
My folks were ten quid poms, obviously looking for a better life for their kids.
Unfortunately my mum didn’t like Aus but we as kids loved it.
I wouldn’t say we were economic migrants but dad was certainly searching for a better life.
They decided to return and the rest is history.
One of my aunts stayed with her family and I’d say that all of my siblings have fared better than my cousins in Australia.
Life’s what you make it

I too thought about Australia and the past, the ten quid poms and all of that, when I read Mark's post. I wondered if he had been thinking of that too. If not then I'm sure he must have been thinking about that kind of thing; people taking a leap into the unknown to pursue an opportunity. It is a good point, definitely with regard to the past and possibly with regard to the future, who knows?! Anybody who does take a chance like that has my best wishes, good luck to them.

But where are we thinking this place of opportunity and potential wealth lies. Australia may have been an option in the past but where are these countries with life and employment opportunities? Especially in a post pandemic global economic depression context?!

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Australia is a good example but not what I was thinking about. It was more about those in society who have demonized the economic migrants trying to reach the UK. The irony would be if those same people then moved elsewhere to follow work opportunities.

It will be a global issue but some countries will deal with it better than others. I dont think it will be as bad as the great depression. Governments now have more economic tools to guide their countries through it.

I too thought about Australia and the past, the ten quid poms and all of that, when I read Mark's post. I wondered if he had been thinking of that too. If not then I'm sure he must have been thinking about that kind of thing; people taking a leap into the unknown to pursue an opportunity. It is a good point, definitely with regard to the past and possibly with regard to the future, who knows?! Anybody who does take a chance like that has my best wishes, good luck to them.

But where are we thinking this place of opportunity and potential wealth lies. Australia may have been an option in the past but where are these countries with life and employment opportunities? Especially in a post pandemic global economic depression context?!

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

My father was ex Navy and didn’t have any particular skill to offer Australia but what he did have was four healthy boys, which they wanted.
I remember going to Australia House because they wanted to see us all in person to make sure that we were all white and none were disabled.
Australia was quite different in those days.
The normal was for the guy to finish work and go straight to the pub.
My mum wasn’t keen on the old man doing that.
We stayed for five years and I was gutted when we returned to the U.K. in sleet.
It took me a while to get used to it

Comparing the near future with the Great Depression is like comparing the numbers dying now from the Coronavirus with those that died in the Spanish Flu outbreak of 1918. Strategies and means of communication have advanced somewhat since then. Medical science has improved as well.

Without being over confident, I do not see the trinkets of wealth like German Cars and iPhones disappearing from the face of the earth in quick time.

Is there any reason why the current rate of food production should be reduced to the degree that people are starving? Food has not been contaminated and there is likely to be a bigger available labour market available for picking, processing and production.

Political instability is a bigger threat as is cyber terrorism but that was true before the virus.

I am not sure the loss of the Empire can be used as a factor as it would probably have been too expensive to maintain anyway considering the fact that even regions of the remaining UK like Northern Ireland need an annual bail out.

I would like to see a return of a domestic industry and manufacture presence, though.

Comparing the near future with the Great Depression is like comparing the numbers dying now from the Coronavirus with those that died in the Spanish Flu outbreak of 1918. Strategies and means of communication have advanced somewhat since then. Medical science has improved as well.

Without being over confident, I do not see the trinkets of wealth like German Cars and iPhones disappearing from the face of the earth in quick time.

Is there any reason why the current rate of food production should be reduced to the degree that people are starving? Food has not been contaminated and there is likely to be a bigger available labour market available for picking, processing and production.

Political instability is a bigger threat as is cyber terrorism but that was true before the virus.

I am not sure the loss of the Empire can be used as a factor as it would probably have been too expensive to maintain anyway considering the fact that even regions of the remaining UK like Northern Ireland need an annual bail out.

I would like to see a return of a domestic industry and manufacture presence, though.

They are interesting and valid points, GBN. I hope you're right.