Question and answer session with Nicholas Randall | Page 3 | Vital Football

Question and answer session with Nicholas Randall

Thats not last year tho right? Thats the year before?

It is right; the wage bill jumped for the second successive year, mainly due to paying players off; amortisation also increased, also as a direct result of paying players off.

Strip those losses out and the accounts do not look that bad; the key one revenue, has displayed an increase from around 18m when they purchased the Club to just short of 27m.

What those figures do not tell you is we could lose a similar amount in the current accounts and still fall within P & S; the Chairman has already indicated that the actual losses will not be anywhere near to that ballpark - the painful parts of absorbing right offs has already been taken and the current wage bill has been reduced to a workable level.

It is right; the wage bill jumped for the second successive year, mainly due to paying players off; amortisation also increased, also as a direct result of paying players off.

Strip those losses out and the accounts do not look that bad; the key one revenue, has displayed an increase from around 18m when they purchased the Club to just short of 27m.

What those figures do not tell you is we could lose a similar amount in the current accounts and still fall within P & S; the Chairman has already indicated that the actual losses will not be anywhere near to that ballpark - the painful parts of absorbing right offs has already been taken and the current wage bill has been reduced to a workable level.

I also think revenue is key, rising revenue, new in house streaming service, new stadium- all of that points in the right direction imo

Having said that, crazy wage turnover ratios drag us back and slow progress so it does need addressing. Guess we have to wait till next year to see if we can make an impact on that front.

I also think revenue is key, rising revenue, new in house streaming service, new stadium- all of that points in the right direction imo

Having said that, crazy wage turnover ratios drag us back and slow progress so it does need addressing. Guess we have to wait till next year to see if we can make an impact on that front.

The imposition of a 25 man first team squad has been of immense help to us with regard to wages; that is now being reflected in the make up of the squad.

We could clear the decks this summer; send back the loans, do not offer contracts to those who have contracts up in June, and we could be down to around 18/19 players - and we will be in the same boat come the end of next season as well.

That is a great place for the manager to be; he needs to be left alone to build a squad which is capable of challenging.

Sooner or later the value of continuity will dawn on the hierarchy, and with the cost of change rising by the day, I'm guessing it will be sooner.

On you tube now.Hoping to get planning " in the summer" More than ever convinced RBC just dragging their feet over the whole thing.

Just switched to the new forest site and tv. mehh, displays like a scrappy mobile display.. Does everyone geneuinelly browse the internet with thier mobiles? I rarely do, might look things up but not actually use it like the pc

On you tube now.Hoping to get planning " in the summer" More than ever convinced RBC just dragging their feet over the whole thing.
All the talk of 'green' zones, particularly transport. Was I the only one thnking theres a potential fan tax right there or am I just too cynical?
With regards us not being able to sustain things unless in the premiership, thats kinda my argument about getting there first.

The imposition of a 25 man first team squad has been of immense help to us with regard to wages; that is now being reflected in the make up of the squad.

We could clear the decks this summer; send back the loans, do not offer contracts to those who have contracts up in June, and we could be down to around 18/19 players - and we will be in the same boat come the end of next season as well.

That is a great place for the manager to be; he needs to be left alone to build a squad which is capable of challenging.

Sooner or later the value of continuity will dawn on the hierarchy, and with the cost of change rising by the day, I'm guessing it will be sooner.

it isnt the changing thats the issue, its signing shit managers. Name me one manager in the last 20 we have had who has gone on to success elsewhere. Our manager appointments are as bad as our player signings lets face it. :)

If CH comes in next season, has dumped half the squad, brought through properly 3 or 4 of our youngsters and brings in a couple of young energetic additions like Garner and the more complete stellar signing and keeps Woz, then no doubt I will be my usual over upbeat pre season form.

Not do the above, i.e we see a couple of foreign names we think are suspect, lose woz, sign 30 year olds, extend Murrays contract etc then I think I will cry (id say give up but we all know we never will)

Then he might get midtable and people will say its progress and he will do the same the following year.. Im already feeling pessimistic. Please let the first options happen