QPR | Page 7 | Vital Football

QPR

this truly is the worst period in Norwich history every single player we have is terrible and would be lucky to get into the Kings Lynn team our manager is a clueless and has no redeeming qualities our director of football had no idea what he is doing and gives us substandard players to work with our owners have no passion or money and we are playing the worst football I have ever seen not only by Norwich but ever including amatuer football and we a floundering in the league to top it off
I see Pulis was sacked by Sheffield Wednesday perhaps we somehow lure him here to save us
Sorry CC, I can't agree with any of that.

DF not happy with the pitch at Carrow road saying it was horrendous. Pitch men get it sorted.

I get what you are saying CC and I respect your point of view , but the reason we played a Championship game tonight and not a Premier League one is because of what you say (although it is tongue in ckeek !)

It is easy to make sarcastic comments ( I do it far too much ) but the reason for criticism about our current team / position is that IF we did get promoted with smiffs lack of ambition and money we are likely to do a current sheff utd.

I get what you are saying CC and I respect your point of view , but the reason we played a Championship game tonight and not a Premier League one is because of what you say (although it is tongue in ckeek !)

I fully understand everyone's disappointment with yesterdays result and respect and agree with what you are saying about why we came down last season but I don't think we should lose sight of the bigger picture. We are a top Championship team and are trying to bridge the gap to the Premiership without risking the clubs future well being, it looks like we have a clear plan on our identity and how we want to build which shouldn't be underestimated. I think a positive we should take it we have in some ways addressed some, not all, of the issues we had last season mainly a weak midfield. Skipp has been a revelation and I look forward to seeing Sorensen playing next to him instead of left back. I know we aren’t the finished product and keep yo-yoing but I feel more confident that this is a slow measured sustainable build to us becoming an established Premier team rather than us throwing money in a panic and going nowhere like Sunderland, Wigan, Portsmouth and Hull who are all in League One now. Like I say it’s a slow build but I think it will pay off for us in the long term and in the mean time we will just have to be happy with being top of one of the most competative leagues around.

It is easy to make sarcastic comments ( I do it far too much ) but the reason for criticism about our current team / position is that IF we did get promoted with smiffs lack of ambition and money we are likely to do a current sheff utd.

I agree with what you say about the Smiths not having the money but Sheffield United have spent a fair amount of money, isn't it around £40 million of Brewster and Ramsdale alone this season?

Last summers signing were a disaster I don't deny that but if we go up this time I think we will have some actual funds to spend which will allow for greater flexibility. I don't think the current squad is that far from giving us a foot hold to build on if we do go up so long as we make 2 or 3 decent signing.

I fully understand everyone's disappointment with yesterdays result and respect and agree with what you are saying about why we came down last season but I don't think we should lose sight of the bigger picture. We are a top Championship team and are trying to bridge the gap to the Premiership without risking the clubs future well being, it looks like we have a clear plan on our identity and how we want to build which shouldn't be underestimated. I think a positive we should take it we have in some ways addressed some, not all, of the issues we had last season mainly a weak midfield. Skipp has been a revelation and I look forward to seeing Sorensen playing next to him instead of left back. I know we aren’t the finished product and keep yo-yoing but I feel more confident that this is a slow measured sustainable build to us becoming an established Premier team rather than us throwing money in a panic and going nowhere like Sunderland, Wigan, Portsmouth and Hull who are all in League One now. Like I say it’s a slow build but I think it will pay off for us in the long term and in the mean time we will just have to be happy with being top of one of the most competative leagues around.

Thanks for your measured response CC and yours is a valued opionion that is valid ! That’s what I have always loved about this forum is that it attracts fans of our beloved NC who can discuss different points of view without nastiness !........unlike one forum I could mention !

Amateur foul from zimbo, pathetic stuff you see on a sunday morning in my local park. Where was Rupp? He wld of been better than Mario, he was shit and so slow in everything he did

Losing the ball in midfield so easily led to that goal. Was the penalty given for Zimbo's arm on the QPR players shoulder?

I thought Barden played well in the second half.

I agree with what you say about the Smiths not having the money but Sheffield United have spent a fair amount of money, isn't it around £40 million of Brewster and Ramsdale alone this season?

Last summers signing were a disaster I don't deny that but if we go up this time I think we will have some actual funds to spend which will allow for greater flexibility. I don't think the current squad is that far from giving us a foot hold to build on if we do go up so long as we make 2 or 3 decent signing.
Need to sign a DM and a quality winger (fast and who knows what to do with the ball) . Thats in addition to Gibson and the left back position being sorted out (Quintilla or someone else).

In addition we would need to sign the following on loan as we wait for our youngsters to come through:

GK - while we wait for one or more of Oxborough, Barden and Mair to develop.

Right CB - that would allow Bushiri to gain another season of experience

Skipp again - while Thorvalsson, Sitti and McAlear develop

To come into the first team squad next season:
McCallum - left back
Famewo - second left sided CB
Sinani - central attacking midfield player
and possibly Soto

of course we will offer 10p and a cook book for any permanent signing.

-----------------------------

I fell asleep at the keyboard hence the characters below.....Ive managed to edit out some of it.....sorry folks just tired.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
It did look like McLean was fouled but ref, again, wasn't great.

Vrancic bottled it like he has done in the past (as I've said before much like surman used to do).

Then the lack of pace Zimmermann has was his problem. Only about 3 minutes before they nearly got in behind Zimmermann