QPR v Swans | Vital Football

QPR v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
QPR v Swans, Tues 25 Jan, 19:45
QPR with four wins on the bounce sit in 4th spot in the table on 47 points, two points off second place Bournemouth with a game in hand over them, and 16 points ahead of Swansea.
No guesses as to who that game in hand is against? It’s a home match against Swansea next Tuesday! For us a fourth match in a row against an in-form team. So a lot riding on this match for both teams, with the Swans hoping to continue their improved form of late and climb the table.
QPR last 4 matches:
22/1 Coventry 1 - QPR 2
15/1 QPR 1 - WBA 0
2/1 Birmingham 1 - QPR 2
30/12 Bristol City 1 - QPR 2
QPR have lost 3 games at home this season:
27/12 QPR 0 - Bournemouth 1
5/12 QPR 0 - Stoke 2
18/9 QPR 1 - Bristol City 2
Choices for Tuesday:
Go and watch the match live, wander around Shepherds Bush trying to find a pub that allows away fans in, and sit in their cramped stand with tiny seats and a minuscule concourse, but have the pleasure of watching it in person. Last time I was there I watched Angel Rangel act like a man possessed trying to prove his doubters wrong resulting in us being well beaten that day.
Watch the match on Sky Sports Main Event/Sky Sports Football, coverage starts at 19:30
Watch the match on SwansTV (“dark market” regions only)

Last edited:
Sky for me.

QPR really are.in good form now and it'll be a very tough test for us.

Doubt Russ will make too many changes unless Ntcham picked up an injury? Hope not as I doubt Wolf can start.

Ntcham injured, Wolf starts
Swans:
Ben Hamer, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning, Cyrus Christie, Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (c), Korey Smith, Hannes Wolf, Joel Piroe

Subs:
Andy Fisher, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Michael Obafemi, Kyle Joseph, Liam Walsh, Azeem Abdulai

HT: 0-0
Watching on Sky Sports but not liking the match commentary biased to QPR.
Several times mentioning Austin’s shot saved by Hamer, ruled offside anyway, and said it was the highlight of the half. Piroe scored and was ruled offside, only mentioned once.
QPR looked more dangerous going forward and on set pieces.
There were some risky balls as usual from us as we tried to play it out from the back.

FT: 0-0
Good point away against 4th place QPR who had 4 straight wins before tonight.
Clever Charlie Austin got Downes sent off second yellow at the end after a scuffle. It was in front of the dug out so we’ll see what Martin has to say about it. He also got Cabango a yellow card in the first half and got away with a kick on Manning.
We had the ball in the net for the second time but Obafemi was ruled offside.

Last edited:
A very solid point against tough opposition. Another clean sheet too makes it just 1 goal conceded in the last 3.

We just need some pace in the team now and a proper left wing back to progress.