QPR report | Vital Football

QPR report

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
Least enjoyable game of the season for me. A draw was the most we deserved. Not seen the stats but neither side took the game by the scruff of the neck. Of the times QPR got into their attacking third, they were always looking to shoot and Wells was unlucky with a 20 yarder that beat Carson but hit the bar.

QPR started the brighter, we then had a spell and it was swinging one way and then the other. Good Rams goal on 24 minutes. A through ball saw Bryson move and take 2 QPR defenders away from the ball and it fell to Marriott who smashed itinto the bottom right hand corner. Not much in an attacking semse after that and we scraped into half time a goal up.

2nd half they again started the brighter side and soon got a free kick 25 yards out. Carson was able to palm the shot away but not to safety. It was put back in and Cameron slotted home his first goal for 4 years. Much ado about nothing after that and although we looked sharper for the last 15, sparked off by a Rangel foul on Wilson which should have led to his 2nd yellow of the game but in the end 1-1 was probably as much as either side deserved.

It might have been so much different if the ref had done what he should have. Why do we keep getting damned idiots? Rangel and Lawrence booked for an altercation, off the ball, so we didn't see what it was on RamsTV. Wells put his studs into BJs calf and didn't get booked. I am not convinced the free kick that led to their equaliser should have been given. Rangel should have gone for his foul on Wilson. Tomori got a smack in the face going for a header late on. A flailing arm in the face is, according to the Laws, a penalty inside the box. Yet again the referee has had far too much influence on the game.

Carson - 6 decent game, shame he couldn't push that free kick out rather than away
Bogle - 5 his worst game for Derby both defensively and attacking
Keogh - 7 solid prformance
Tomori - 7 Solid performance
Forsyth - 7 Much better in defence than Malone, slightly less effective going forward. Still the better choice of the 2
Bryson - 7 Less influential than previous games but still everywhere
Johnson - 7 A great presence at DM
Mount - 7 Decent performance
Jozefzoon - 5 replaced Bennett. Poor in attack and not doing much defensively either. Bennett back next game.
Marriott - 8 Replicated Nuge's workrate and took his goal superbly
Lawrence - 6 slightly better than Jozefzoon but Wilson back next game

Thanks MA, disappointing result again and yet more dropped points.
We’re still handily placed but from a distance it does seem like there’s an inconsistency in team selection and not a huge opportunity to ‘gel’.
Seems little chance for partnerships to bloom but at least Marriott may be beginning to show something.

Ponderous sums it up!!
Unless we 'wake up' after the break we could be set adrift with 'that lot' sitting pretty!!

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is wondering why I awarded a raft of 7s in an unconvincing display, I am of the impression that they performed well individually but not collectively, if you get my drift...... the whole was less than the sum of the individual parts.

Latest Rams News