QPR Fan Comments | Vital Football

QPR Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest now all ticket, 1250 sold.

Where does it say 1250 sold?

Allocation 1642 minus 392 left = 1250 sold

It's a witch, burn it!

Final total of 1444 tickets sold, decent for a 16th placed team which hasn't won away for two months .

Unbelievable how many R’s want to go to Hooters.

Where is everyone drinking before the game?

Some pub about 600yds from station last year. Given we won I feel I ought to go there again but I can't remember the name. Think it was a sort of play on words name involving a cat????

Relaxed about today now we've got that monkey off our back with our first result in a billion years there last season. I think our devastating combination of attacking flair and kamikaze defending will totally unman them.

I'm feeling foolishly optimistic for some reason. 2-2

Forest at home tend to give visiting teams the ball in an effort to draw them out. Then they counter. They may decide that is not needed with our tactics.

Best result I've seen at forest was a 2-2 many years ago, feeling with Paul Wright scoring both of ours. I'd gladly take that result today.

Won't go to nottingham been there 3 times, got nicked that night in london, 2nd time got nicked there at night and 3rd time had to stay up their for court in the morning the place is a jinx for me.

Was that in the 80s ? It was always lively back then with Forest home and away.

I live in Nottingham and go to Forest regularly. Hugill will have a tough game against their CBs as a loan striker. They are arguably Forest's best players along with the GK Brice Samba. They're well organised in defence but have to say I find it hard to believe at times they are where they are in the league. Joe Lolley has come in to some real form in the last month and for me the game will depend on Bright Vs him. Whoever, turns up out of those two will influence the outcome massively. Lolley is an old fashioned winger, drives at defenders from deep and plays inverted. Always coming in from the right on to his left. It's a bit of a mismatch on their right and our left as if Eze plays he will need to work very hard defensively against Lolley and Cash. Forest will only play Grabban up top- however if we pass it to feet from the back, he will have a field day. Excellent presser of the ball and works his socks off every week. Honestly, if we can move the ball quickly and counteract their threat on the right, we can win this game.

Sounds like a lot of very aggrieved Rangers fans aren't going to be there for kick off, thanks to East Midlands Rail cancelling connecting train.

They will be under more pressure to get a result than us, so we need to keep it tight for the first 20 mins and not concede. The crowd may then start getting at them.

Same starting XI!!!

Sorcery from Warburton! Or someone has stolen the team selection tombola machine...

Struggling to decide if the big pitch will leave us more open defensively or it might actually allow our flair players to dictate things in our favour?

Whoa, Forest's goalie kit at ten past seven in the morning makes me regret last night's curry!

1-0 to them.

Unmarked header for Worrall.

Disallowed because the wind moved the ball ha ha.

Blimey you don't see that very often!

Rangers doing a bit of time-wasting since the disallowed goal.

Forest are having their way with us at the moment.

Lolley cuts in from the right, waltzes across the box like Gary Crosby, but unlike Crosby he shoots wide.

They're lining up on the edge of our area to practice their shooting. Fortunately it's not very accurate.

This is tough to watch. Forest are a very good team but we're not doing ourselves any favours by consistently giving the ball away.
HT. Comes as a relief.

And breath! 8 corners they had!

Can't say we've contributed much to the first half.

Ht 0-0 created nothing they are just a better version of us like to pass ball around at back but not really done a lot bar 1 good Kelly save.

Is it possible that Warbs is playing a brilliant strategic game forcing Forest out of their comfort zone and onto their front foot? Before the game everyone said that Forest liked to sit back, absorb pressure and counterattack. In this game we have been sitting back and absorbing the pressure.

We're in the game this half, much better to watch.

Given the conditions and the standard of Forest going forward, our defensive play has been excellent today.

I've never heard so many shouts of "Get on wi' i'".

Seeing as most of us were expecting a Forest win, a very good, well won point.

Good result. And nice for MW to prove Forest fans (Pope) wrong about him not being able to adapt or grind out a result.

Warbs out-thunk Forest. He switched around our playing style and forced them out of their comfort zone. They did have more possession than us but none of it amounted to very much. Lots of corners. Lots of piddling around. But int he end how many times was Kelly seriously troubled.

Well done to Warbs for thinking through their playing style and making the changes to neutralize their best assets.

Today we were dogged, wise and strong. Never broke the rules, but killed time when we had to and played football when we could. Warburton a one-trick pony? Warnock would have been proud of that performance.

I felt safe from 55 minutes out. Strange but true.

On the way back on the train currently, really good away performand point for us in a game really affected by the wind.

A shame we couldnt create one clear chance in the second half with the wind on our backs as the win was definitely there, but Forest are a very strong side so pleased with the draw.

We did get a lucky break for disallowed goal...whilst the correct decision (the ball clearly rolled out the quadrant in the wind and was kicked as a moving ball, obvious from the away end) it was still a brave call by the ref to disallow it, and you probably wouldn't see that very often.

Just back...in the Sarangchae Korean restaurant in Nottingham. The game felt like a war of nerves, lacking in real quality, and could have gone either way.

Forest look like they don’t know what to do when teams stand off them a bit

Forest are a counter attack team so if you sit back against them they struggle to break you down and it worked for us today.

Couple of weeks ago they greeted their Leeds win like promotion was almost secured. Now they're 6 points off second.

I remember them doing the same thing when they drew 1-1 with us in out Championship season, when they thought that was the start of their run to promotion. It wasn't.

They had a particularly irritating manager. Billy something.

They’ll probably sack that geezer in a month’s time.

As a kid watching Clough cry when they were relegated really stuck with me. They are going through a journey we went through recently, so the fans have my sympathy. They certainly aren’t the self entitled shits that Leeds are.

If Leeds play Forest in the play-off final, will they both find a way to lose?

I think its a bit weird for QPR fans to be giving fans of another club sht for being delusional in spite of their lack of success. In the last half century QPR have won exactly nothing. And yet, every season I assume will be our season and every week I assume we are going to win. If you are not a little delusional, I'm not sure how you can be a QPR fan.

I've never had a problem with them either. A club that usually play good football and a set of fans that don't go around smashing up things or being racist.

I still have a soft spot for the teams that stopped Liverpool winning everything in the 70s and 80s - Forest, Ipswich, Everton, Villa. I also loved watching John Robertson play, able to beat fullbacks without breaking into a run.

Ive had a couple of run in's with them, 5 of us ambushed at a car park by a load of them after the late nigel clough hat-trick. F 'em.

Christmas card for the linesman. A lot wouldn't have bothered to spot the moving ball at the corner.

A point at Forest in front of nearly 30,000 is a great result.

Well this bogey ground thing has been put to bed. We haven't lost at Forest this decade!

You have to hand it to Warburton - he can carry off wearing a gilet.

Cheers CP. Most QPR fans are a decent bunch. Poor relations of the London brigade with a recent history that makes even Forest fans wince in sympathy.

Last edited:
A few have done it, it's not rocket science but if a team is desperate for 3 points they can't do it all game because we won't concede. They are totally mid table and didn't want to push it for the 3 points, shame we didn't get that early goal. One did say it clearly rolled out the quadrant, no it rolled more into the middle of it and I'm still not sure it should have been chalked off.

A few have done it, it's not rocket science but if a team is desperate for 3 points they can't do it all game because we won't concede. They are totally mid table and didn't want to push it for the 3 points, shame we didn't get that early goal. One did say it clearly rolled out the quadrant, no it rolled more into the middle of it and I'm still not sure it should have been chalked off.

I don't think it can be a moving ball, pedantic though it is.

When you see countless corners taken outside the quadrant it just grates a bit when mother nature nudges a ball an inch for us to rule out a crucial goal, as a few have said if it went over they wouldn't have pulled it back.

Looks to me like the ball is blown a few inches but stops moving before Lolley kicks it.

If so, it's in the quadrant and not moving so there's no reason to disallow the goal.

Not good enough, but watching on match replay there were half a dozen moments of so near but yet so far. Including Cash chipping it into their area and a defender trying to get a diving header in towards his own goal line, not quite getting the touch that would have put it inside the far post for an OG.

Ref didn't give us enough protection 2nd half, especially when Mighten was shoved over as he went past the defender and nothing was given. And how many chances was Hugill given before finally getting booked?

I'm not a BD enough to go back and watch the Charlton game again, but I noted that Walker twice got in front of a defender to get an effort on goal - one just wide and one straight at the keeper, but Grabban's done no better lately.

I was shocked by Mao claiming that TW was strolling around not looking bothered, so tried to focus on his cameo v WBA. On 88 minutes, Fray comments on Walker helping out defensively, within 30 seconds he's on the edge of the West Brom box hoping for a pass that never comes as Lolley goes for Grabban instead and gets it wrong.

So I can't see much wrong with his effort so far. Likewise, people question the introduction of Yates v QPR and say he does nothing. He did plenty, most of it faultless.

Give the homegrown youngsters a chance and maybe they'll emulate Worrall and Cash. And we might give new faces like Diakhaby a chance too. Looked great early on, didn't keep it up but no need to scapegoat him just yet.

If you blame anyone for dropping two points, it's Grabban and Lolley for heading wide. Or blame SL for a fairly cautious attacking style.

I feel for them being stuck with Warbs who could be a decent manager if he wasn’t such a ****. To be fair to the **** though he got his tactics spot on & stopped us.

I think its a bit weird for QPR fans to be giving fans of another club sht for being delusional in spite of their lack of success. In the last half century QPR have won exactly nothing. And yet, every season I assume will be our season and every week I assume we are going to win. If you are not a little delusional, I'm not sure how you can be a QPR fan.

:thumbup:

Won't go to nottingham been there 3 times, got nicked that night in london, 2nd time got nicked there at night and 3rd time had to stay up their for court in the morning the place is a jinx for me.

Yep, Nottingham Forest sure is your problem dude, couldn't possibly be your behaviour :wagging:

We did get a lucky break for disallowed goal...whilst the correct decision (the ball clearly rolled out the quadrant in the wind and was kicked as a moving ball, obvious from the away end) it was still a brave call by the ref to disallow it, and you probably wouldn't see that very often.

Wasn't brave, was bollocks. Decision may have been technically correct but neither the ref nor the linesman were looking at the ball when it was played so had no idea, they just took the word of the one QPR defender that complained about it.

That's bollocks.