QPR away 24/08/2019. Sunshine expected | Vital Football

QPR away 24/08/2019. Sunshine expected

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
Looking forward to a big reaction from the coaching staff and the players this weekend.
This away form has to be sorted out ... nothing like a trip to West London to sort it out.
Two teams looking for a result after an iffy run of results.
For those that are not going ... the U18s are playing QPR's u18s at Christopher Park @ 11am.

Wigan Athletic - League position 21st
Played 4 - Won 1 Lost 3
Scored 3 - Conceded 8
Not scored a goal since Lee Evans launched that 75th minute scorcher 03/08/2019
Defence and goalkeeper currently playing like discharge from a week of eating nothing but pies and mushy peas.

Queens Park Rangers - League position 19th
Manager - Mark Warburton
Played 4 - Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 2
Scored 4 - Conceded 7

2 - 1 home win - Stoke City
1 - 1 draw - Huddersfield Town
0 - 2 away loss - Bristol City
1 - 3 home loss - Swansea City

EFL Cup Home win vs Bristol City
3 - 3 @ Full time. 5 - 4 after penalty shootout.

Mark Warburton sounding spookily like our manager with these comments.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/we-need-to-recognise-what-is-needed/

Emphatic 0-2 away win ... in the glorious sunshine.
Plenty of time for Mr Cook to get things sorted.

Last edited:
Certainly hope we beat these men as they were pretty shite last season and aren't up to much yet this season.
2-1 to Latics, Garner 2

Hope we win 3-0 but in reality I probably have more chance of seeing daleks on the dance floor in the club neet with " EXTERMINATE " blaring out over the tannoy than that result.

Think we'll lose today but beat Barnsley. I think our away form will finally start to turn after the international break.

Over the years I have been to QPR 3 times and never have I seen us win, and that was with better teams than we have now. Not a good hunting ground for us 1-0 QPR

Just leaving Lambourn for the train into London and I can tell you it is absolutely sweltering! Going to be a day to test any fitness doubts!

Big game today. We're on a slide and it needs arresting sooner rather than later. QPR aren't a good side, but away from home, we're woeful. Could go either way.

I think they're there for the taking and we need to go for the jugular today. Sitting off and playing negative football doesn't suit us: defensively we're not strong enough. I understand being more cautious against the Leeds' and West Broms, but against weaker sides like QPR, there's no reason for us to fear them. We have quality going forward, and we need to use it.

Obviously I'd rather win, but even if we lose, I'd rather lose 4-3 having really given them a game than lose 1-0 in a bore fest.

I’d love to be predicting an away win but I just can’t see it, 3-1 QPR today. Hugill is certain to score against us.

Seeing as all my predictions (Not one result correct) so far this season have been shyte i am going for a 2-0 home win.

Can see it being 2-2 today, both teams going for it after disappointing starts to the season. Given our record in London it would be a good point.

2-0 QPR today, Though if played correctly we can give anyone a game but I don't see Cook changing things from the last 25 away games bar 2. Hope I am wrong.

Even way we need to start scoring goals too.

Lets see if 5 at the back can actually stop crosses into the box today !
Looks like we are attempting a first away clean sheet for a year hmmm