QPR and FFP | Vital Football

QPR and FFP

Basha73

Vital Football Legend
According to sky sports QPR have accepted a settlement figure of £42m along with a £17m fine and £3m costs.

They also have a transfer ban for January 2019.

Ouch.

Is that on top of the settlement? IE £62m?
That’s certainly the way it reads and is likely to make a few clubs take proper notice.

I am guessing the EFL only really want this to happen once at those levels just to get the message out and this certainly does that.

Took 4 years mind.

That’s certainly the way it reads and is likely to make a few clubs take proper notice.

I am guessing the EFL only really want this to happen once at those levels just to get the message out and this certainly does that.

Took 4 years mind.

Question is, what rights do the FL have to seize it?

QPR presumably don't have £62m. Without the ability to force sales of assets I would assume they have a very long term payment plan.

Ironically, the one scenario where they could afford it would be promotion to the PL whereby they could probably ignore the fine altogether

QPR presumably don't have £62m. Without the ability to force sales of assets I would assume they have a very long term payment plan.

Ironically, the one scenario where they could afford it would be promotion to the PL whereby they could probably ignore the fine altogether

I suppose QPR could refuse to pay the fine; The EFL would then probably cancel their golden share which would leave them fucked.

Clubs can no longer ignore sanctions imposed by the EFL after getting promoted; the PL have agreed to enforce the sanction.

There is nowhere left to hide.

They can repay over 10 years and have an embargo for the January window.

Back then I believe promotion was worth £120m so inesence they’ve lost half of that money in this ruling. I’d say that’s about fair punishment for cheating.

Took 4 years mind.

Surely they would be in embargo until the fine is paid. So any incoming would have to be matched by outgoing and a £10k wage cap. So unless the existing/new investors can find £62 million, they are going to have to rely on their academy, for some time to come.

A rock and a hard place spring to mind.

Think QPR will really struggle this year, now even more so - but, Schteve will no doubt be forced into making signings now, given the January embargo.

I think Mancienne, Ward, Henderson etc could help them out... unsure if they have any players that we'd like.... Idryssa Sylla perhaps?

Think QPR will really struggle this year, now even more so - but, Schteve will no doubt be forced into making signings now, given the January embargo.

I think Mancienne, Ward, Henderson etc could help them out... unsure if they have any players that we'd like.... Idryssa Sylla perhaps?
Don't forget Lam!

Nothing has been said about an ongoing embargo just that they can’t buy in January.

As said elsewhere they are likely to be given up to ten years to pay it back which effectively means they won’t be going up anytime soon.

This has been agreed by QPR so no question now of them refusing to pay but as Mao says, if they do they lose their league place.

Hopefully this encourages owners to behave more responsibly.

BBC are painting a very different picture of this fine. They're claiming the fine is £42m in total including having to write off £22m owed to the owner/investor,

So total parable is £17m fine & £3m costs totalling £20m to pay over a 10 year period.

Still a hefty fine though.

Last edited:
Yes it reads differently on BBC and says that £22m will effectively be covered by the owners converting club debt into shares.

Wording on sky has changed slightly now too as they put up a full report.

As you say though it is still hefty and a wake up call to other clubs.

Let’s hope our new crew have got the recent splurge fully costed. Although selling 20k season tickets must help along with the revenue streams including sponsorships can’t hurt.

Let’s hope our new crew have got the recent splurge fully costed. Although selling 20k season tickets must help along with the revenue streams including sponsorships can’t hurt.

Presume they've managed to get some big sponsorship money into the club, as well as being significantly more business savvy than our last owner.

The extra season tickets is peanuts though really, nice to have a bigger crowd & all that, but 4000 extra season tickets @ £500 each would only equate to £2million, & that doesn't take into account kids tickets @ £10 & concessions.

Last edited: