Punting Thread 2016/17. | Vital Football

Punting Thread 2016/17.

SYSTON RED

Vital Squad Member
About time we revived the thread for those of us that like a bet.

Hopefully some of you lads will put a selection or two up.

Post selections before kick off, post results and also profit/loss total.

Thought we would use Skybet as a common price.

First bet of the season.

Normally wait for a few weeks for a pattern of for to settle, but found a match that appeals as a selection.

Saturday.
League 1.

Walsall v AFC Wimbledon.

Home win. 11/10 Skybet.

3-1, BET WON 1.1 pts.

If ever in doubt & looking for a bet you can do an awful lot worse than the 'banker treble' in the Daily Mail each Saturday. Ignore the rest of the rag but they have a great record with that particular bet.

Agree.
Always have a look at the selections on that page.

For an excellent database when forming an opinion try statto.com.
This site has a ratings tab that I was using for 18 years in the Racing and football outlook, before getting an internet connection and finding it here for free.
The ratings are so impressive, they highlighted the downturn in Premier league performance seven years ago.

Had a quick look at todays betting; Newcastle have a dreadful record at Fulham winning a mere 3 times in 20 attempts.
Going to wait until I see the line up but Newcastle may be worth laying, currently 2.08 on Betfair.

My bet for today so far is Castleford +8.5 @ 10/11 with BET365 (only 4/5 with Skybet)

Will be having my first acca of the season tomorrow. Seems to be a bit of value around. Tough on opening day though as teams are still gelling, players getting fit etc. There's always a few surprise results on opening day

Tomorrows bet: Alloa to beat Peterhead @ 21/20 with Bet365 - I don't like Skybet on two counts:
1. they closed my account down
2. Their odds are not the best.

They all close accounts Mao, just for price purposes.
I have a betfair exchange account as I never bet with bookies, alas betfair is now owned by a soddin bookie.
Just keeping for a while as tennis and darts are favourite sports these days and like to play a few quid.

First acca of the season. Bristol City, Oxford, Grimsby, Millwall and Pompey. Fiver returns £110.

Note: in reality fiver will return nothing

My Acca is Forest, Ipswich, Millwall, Walsall, Cambridge,Colchester and Portsmouth.

Anyone have any joy ?
Northampton let me down and my horse was beaten a neck .
Backed e/w though so not too bad.

That is bad luck orb, knew about Northampton letting you down but for the horse to be close too :(
Walsall win @11/10 and I believe I am on a good price @32 Betfair for the league.

SYSTON RED - 6/8/2016 19:34

That is bad luck orb, knew about Northampton letting you down but for the horse to be close too :(
Walsall win @11/10 and I believe I am on a good price @32 Betfair for the league.

:35:

orbitalforest - 6/8/2016 21:47

Someone had a quid on Britt first goal scorer and Forest to win 4-3 @ 800/1 !
Fair play to him.

Love stories like that orb, hear many on some good forums that i trust, good to see you are still a form student, difficult habit to break.

Had a thought earlier, one of the lads here Layed Newcastle on bet fair, as i also did, here is a classic from those charming Geordies, (best fans in UK ?) they started a website called Sackpardue.com almost 2 years ago.
Now these knowledgeable`s are looking at 50m spent on players so far, a few more defeats like this will remind them it would have been cheaper to buy out Ashley, total melt down if not promoted.

''Once in possession of banners and/or cards, we suggest that supporters proceed as normal into St. James’ Park for a unified display throughout the 5th minute, to highlight Pardew’s unacceptable record of just 5 wins in 2014. However, should individuals wish to unfurl their banners and/or hold up their cards pre-match and at other points during play we would fully support that as well (just watch out for John Carver).''

#missingpardue.com. :19:

Try a double on both Hull ( PL ) & Burton ( Championship ) to be relegated - pays almost 9/4 & will give interest throughout the season.