Puma New Kit 2018/19 - Ideas? | Vital Football

Puma New Kit 2018/19 - Ideas?

graylukes

Vital Newbie
Crystal Palace have just revealed their new Puma kits for next season. Away is a double-sash number, but this is their new home kit.

Reckon we'll be using this template?

Attachments

• 94e12556e71a3a316dc04b9c33a001f0e1f1dd47.jpeg
    94e12556e71a3a316dc04b9c33a001f0e1f1dd47.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 35
I'd be pleased with that style - I like the modern looking kits.

Puma also doing the AC Milan kit that i really like but it's bespoke to them so if we wanted that style it'd have to be a little modified at the sleeves. That would be my pick.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/11/puma-ac-milan-18-19-home-away-third-concept-kits.html?m=1

There's also Plymouths kit which has stripes on it that looks a bit more old school which tbh I'm not a fan of.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/plymouth-argyle-2018-2019-puma-home-kit.html

Chances are it will be closely following the template used in one of those three styles.

I'd be pleased with that style - I like the modern looking kits.

Puma also doing the AC Milan kit that i really like but it's bespoke to them so if we wanted that style it'd have to be a little modified at the sleeves. That would be my pick.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/11/puma-ac-milan-18-19-home-away-third-concept-kits.html?m=1

There's also Plymouths kit which has stripes on it that looks a bit more old school which tbh I'm not a fan of.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/plymouth-argyle-2018-2019-puma-home-kit.html

Chances are it will be closely following the template used in one of those three styles.

I prefer the Plymouth style

Whelan binned Puma off the last time coz the range of their gear was next to nowt

Although admittedly that was 20 years ago & things may have changed since then!!!

Whoever they go with I wish they'd get a move on. Warm summer, World Cup, new league, feelgood factor the things would be flying off the shelves with the wearers providing free publicity in the town. As it is my little lad has outgrown his current one and is desperately (or at least I am) waiting impatiently to buy and put him in a new one.

“Our new kit, which has been hinted in a recent teaser video and throughout our recent marketing campaigns, takes us back to 1995 when Dave Whelan bought the football club. At that time, PUMA were the kit manufactures and JJB were our shirt sponsor… the start of a very special journey!”

I can't remember which poster originally said it ( was it C Latic?) but someone did mention they heard the reason for the delay was we were looking for a new front of shirt sponsor.

With DW being our most obvious and easiest deal but being confirmed so late it does make me think that their info was most likely correct. Good shout.

It's an odd sponsor, not least because I can't imagine it's a particularly high value deal. Perhaps the takeover delay and uncertainty has limited efforts in securing new sponsorship deals with companies unwilling to invest without knowing the exposure they may or may not have. Clearly C was bang on the money with his insider info and it wasn't the bollocks the loudmouthed one so impolitely claimed.

As for the kit, mid July before it sees the light of day, unknown how long before it hits the shelves. Not so keen on the green personally though will reserve judgement until its full unveiling.

Notice that the club have publicly stated that we’ve signed a three year deal with Puma but not said anything about how long the DW Fitness shirt sponsor deal is unless I’ve missed it. My guess is because it’s a one year stopgap and the new owners will find their own new shirt sponsor next season along with you’d imagine a new stadium sponsor unless Uncle Dave is willing to get his wallet out if he still wants to see his initials up in lights.

Yes it's a 12 month deal and like you say C Latic hopefully our new owners will get us a more lucrative shirt and Stadium sponsor.

Maybe once the takeover is formally complete we might see Stadium naming rights and shirt sponsors change to something related to IEC and the various people involved for the following season.

Seems like a logical decision to go with a sponsor closer to home rather than committing to a new one now, only for IEC to dispose of it after a season.

Green does not belong on a Latics home shirt - it's a colour that has nothing whatsoever to do with Wigan Athletic other than (along with blue & white) its the corporate colours of our soon to be ex owner's former business & a former club sponsor.
I never liked it on the kits back in the 90's & early 00's & I don't like it now whether the club is trying to go "Retro" or not
Latics home colours are blue & white stripes or mainly blue with some white not freakin green