PSV Eindhoven vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 13 | Vital Football

PSV Eindhoven vs. Tottenham Hotspur

I think most was already said, but to me the lack of mental toughness is killing us.

This is 2 out of 3 games in the CL that we surrendered a lead in the dying minutes. At least we didn't lose this time...

I said we were unlucky and I stand by it. We had loads of chances to score, two woodwork, a worldie save point blank.Im not clutching at straws, we outplayed them and were much better.

That's how I saw it too; by far the better team, and playing some excellent move and pass as well as maintaining our patience and control - but stupid, dumb mistakes undone us, something that a coach and even the rest of the players can't legislate for.

However, when you're not on the top of your game, these things happen - don't know the answer because 99% of the time, neither of these players would make the stupid decisions they made.

Don't see all the negativity about the performance as it's probably one of the best I've seen from us this season expect for TWO minutes of it.

Personally, it was great to see Eriksen back to somewhere near his best, if there is a critisim it's the age old one of Dembele only making one forward pass out of 20, when it should have been 10....

I'll be happy to see the back of him and see him replaced with a more forward thinking player.

I think most was already said, but to me the lack of mental toughness is killing us.

This is 2 out of 3 games in the CL that we surrendered a lead in the dying minutes. At least we didn't lose this time...

Don't see it - neither of those stupid mistakes last night were down to mentality and had everything to do with poor decision making - one who plays off his line is more apt to make and one who frankly should have knwon far better when you're the last man.

Just shows how woeful our finishing is

Do does the shots include the ones that smashed into row z

It doesn't.

Tactically coaches will tell you that against a massed defence it simply underlines how tight space is; so many goals are scored from rebounds / off of a defrender in situations lihe - partly because they may obscure the keeper - you are told to shoot.

Interesting stats here concerning Lloris and his blunders since the start of last season.
For those saying Butland is almost as bad, he doesn't come into the top 16 error strewn 'keepers table.
Lloris joint second to Hart who only has 2 more than Lloris.
https://talksport.com/football/4376...rone-goalkeepers-in-europes-top-five-leagues/

It's a trend we've vall been able to witness in the last two seasons; but let's also not forget his saves (a couple of great ones) secured us all 3 points against the spam.

if there is a critisim it's the age old one of Dembele only making one forward pass out of 20, when it should have been 10....

I'll be happy to see the back of him and see him replaced with a more forward thinking player.

Yeah, and he actually managed to fire a shot at the goal which almost hit the corner flag!

TBH, I think our defence is very tense, scared of making mistakes, taking easy options (backwards, sideways), nothing adventurous going forward. Like I said during the game last night, at one point it took us 3 attempts to cross the halfway line, before which we had made about 20 passes, all the way back to the keeper and start again. This was against the worst European opponent we've faced to date in the CL. Not helped by the fact that we can't kill off games, sitting on one goal margin which further makes everyone nervous. Get a nice cushion and you bet everyone will be more relaxed and able to express themselves.

Verts often makes a telling run up to the final quarter. Toby and Sanchez barely do that. I also noted that Hugo's howler came from defence splitting pass. How many times have we been caught out with those balls?. Play like that v City with their pace, the game could be over by half time.

The other point I wish to make is that Eriksen didn't look fully fit, but shows that half fit Eriksen is better than anything available from our bench. Kane still not up to speed, imo, half a yard slower. He was renowned for first time strikes and now seems to be taking an extra touch and his shots are being often blocked.

“Michel Vorm said Tottenham needed to learn from the harsh lesson of Wednesday night”

Same words after another big game let down.

When will you start learning

“Michel Vorm said Tottenham needed to learn from the harsh lesson of Wednesday night”

Same words after another big game let down.

When will you start learning

It would be so much easier if instead of giving the press a soundbite - he actually said what lessons we should learn, except from the obvious one;

Don't f***king stupid give goals away by senior experienced players making dumb decisions !!!

Our concentration is really poor this season. Easily the worst its been since Poch's first season.

I thought we played quite well at times last night but if the team doesn't have the winners mentality then it's a bit pointless.

Like it or not we are not progressing as a team. I think that is why so many are just fed up. Groundhog day bullshit.

This CL campaign was always a write off from me at the start of the season. Always a fools hope we could do something though.

I just don’t get the theory that teams ‘let’ us have the ball because they do t think we can be a threat in possession. Can you imagine a coach telling his team to just let the other team have the ball and wait to take your chances? It’s like saying “here, you have the gun. It’s fine because you’re not a very good shot”
Yeah, and he actually managed to fire a shot at the goal which almost hit the corner flag!

I was impressed with Dembo at the start of the game , he seemed up for it. A little too much up for it so it transpired. The early yellow niggled him and I didn't see it as a yellow. Dembo does tend to have a fragile mental side as seen by the eye rake incident . Shame, I think he lost it and should have come off earlier.

Our concentration is really poor this season. Easily the worst its been since Poch's first season.

I thought we played quite well at times last night but if the team doesn't have the winners mentality then it's a bit pointless.

Like it or not we are not progressing as a team. I think that is why so many are just fed up. Groundhog day bullshit.

This CL campaign was always a write off from me at the start of the season. Always a fools hope we could do something though.

I agree, with the draw we got, no signings and tiredness from the WC plus injuries the writing was on the wall.

I feel like we’re a UEFA cup side that’s struggling at the moment. That’s not to say I don’t think we could do better in this competition but with this group we have stiff competition and they’re making us look poorish. If we could win against Inter and the have another crack at Barcelona and do better, it would do us a well in terms of morale. But I’m stating the obvious really.

That's how I saw it too; by far the better team, and playing some excellent move and pass as well as maintaining our patience and control - but stupid, dumb mistakes undone us, something that a coach and even the rest of the players can't legislate for.

However, when you're not on the top of your game, these things happen - don't know the answer because 99% of the time, neither of these players would make the stupid decisions they made.

Don't see all the negativity about the performance as it's probably one of the best I've seen from us this season expect for TWO minutes of it.

Personally, it was great to see Eriksen back to somewhere near his best, if there is a critisim it's the age old one of Dembele only making one forward pass out of 20, when it should have been 10....

Again a rare balanced view rather than hysteria.

Clattenburg in his opinion thought Sanchez goal was wrongfully disallowed. That is bad luck, not poor finishing, not poor penetration....bad luck and bad officiating. We should get a re match. Seriously think what the financial ramifications will be . Down to a dumb ass ref and linesman.

Whatever Harry is, he aint quick out of the blocks.Put nimble footed Aubameyang on the pitch last night & he would have gobbled up 2 of Harry's other chances. Unless Levy buys that kind of player[& they don't come cheap] we will never compete at the highest level.You need 2 top strikers not one, & they need to compliment each other not compete for the same ball.How about the swift Mexican playing for PSV last night-Losano.