PSV Eindhoven vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

PSV Eindhoven vs. Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

Time to get our CL mission back on track. And stop the whinging.

They have won 9 out of 9 in the Dutch league. Top of the division above Ajax and Feyenord and won their last game 6-0. So should be a breeze for us then !!

Must win game,With Barca playing Inter we have a great chance to get back in this group, although Messi being injured came at the wrong time for us.

Must win, simple as that.

Hope Barca do us a favour as well (twice) or it's our CL season over with for another season. That Inter loss has proper killed us

I'm not adverse to us entering the Europa. Not a fan of the competition or the fact CL clubs drop into it but it's a trophy gaining significance. It definitely tests squad depth though.

I'd rather we pulled a rabbit out the hat in our group though and got through to the knockouts of the CL.

They are in impressive form; we aren't.

Tough, can't see a win, can see a draw.

Still believe that our eyes should be on winning the Europa, not trying to kill ourselves in a competition we cannot win.

I agree ex, we are a long way off from competing in the CL. If we get further than the last 16 we've overachieved.

I'd still rather get out of the group than finish 3rd but if we did finish 3rd I think it could be a bit of a blessing.

Go all out for a win. If we lose ditch Europe altogether by playing kids and reserves in Europe. Playing Thursday's affects PL. We need top 4 , CL is beyond us especially with no summer signings and Europa too probably.

Surely you'd rather us go in the Europa? We would have a big chance of winning that if we actually took it seriously.
Ok here's my admittedly pessmistic logic on this. The odds on beating all the teams in the group in the remaining games are slim. The Ueffa program of games with our squad makes winning that untenable so if we are just out of Europe we optimized our chances of a top four finish and Champions league football for the new stadium. Arsenals resurgence means we will need the smaller schedule to even make fourth. I think its a needs must scenario.

Last edited:
Ok here's my admittedly pessmistic logic on this. The odds on beating all the teams in the group in the remaining games are slim. The Ueffa program of games with our squad makes winning that untenable so if we are just out of Europe we optimized our chances of a top four finish and Champions league football for the new stadium. Arsenals resurgence means we will need the smaller schedule to even make fourth. I think its a needs must scenario.

If pool can reach the final last season I don't see why we can't, it's way too early in the season to be writing us off.
We are more than capable of upping our game a couple of notch, get out the group stages and anything can happen. People forget just how close we were last season, Alli and Eriksen haven't started to play the football we know they can. When they hit form you watch Harry fly.

I think we beat PSV in both games and then beat inter. All depends what happens in the 2 barca - inter games.

Lets hope barca win both, which I fully expect to happen even without messi.

I watched Utd Juventus last night....the major difference between Juve and Utd and us for that matter is that their players were always mobile, looking to pass and move, organising the press effectively with a group of players positioned to tackle and receive out balls rather than one guy running around like a headless chicken....Utd played like us, slow ponderous predictable, giving the guy with the ball no options....Juve play like City why can't we. it has to be down to training and tactics and not just the calibre of players..

I hope we can show some of the Juve approach tonight to win the game..I agree with Ex that we are extremely unlikely to win this competition but for me I think Europa League would screw any chance of top 4 again so let's at least get to the knockout stage and see where we go from there.