PSG, Tim playing spot the difference....!? | Vital Football

PSG, Tim playing spot the difference....!?

Spursex

Alert Team
Sherwood claimed on Skysport last night...:

“It’s really interesting watching PSG,” said Sherwood. “Pochettino has taken over from a Tuchel side, who like to play three at the back. He has gone exactly like Tottenham have gone over the last five years. 4-3-3. You go for the jugular. You try and win the ball high up the field"

He then went further in his claims:

“It’s exactly what they are doing. Playing on the front foot and creating chances. Wonderful to watch.
It’s a Pochettino identity. He played like that at Tottenham. He never managed to win anything.

I think he has a great chance of winning something at PSG. I think domestically they will clean up. And you have to give them a great chance in the Champions League.”

I couldn't help but laugh, Timmy is always good value.

As I said on another thread, Dele could be forgiven for thinking 'if only..' this morning.

Sissoko also seems to be making a play by elucidating the difference between playing for Poch and Jose.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh.

May be, but they have gone through a fair few managers chasing the CL dream so having a team full of top class players does not always equal easy success. Not to mention dealing with some of the Hollywood level diva egos in that squad.
Matic, I hear what you say mate. I had my say in the Poch thread while back.

These 'big' teams are going through different phases. You only got to look at RM and Barca - no where near the force that saw them conquer European football for more than a decade. They are getting beat by the unfancied teams in their respective leagues. Would have been interesting to see Poch land one of those jobs and see how long he lasted.

PSG on the other hand are still a stable team, monopolising everything in France. Take Mbappe and Neymar out and you know what will happen!. As for Poch, I will be more interested in how he develops and more importantly, 'REFRESHES' the team or will he be schooling the Arab owners on how to save Euro's!. One thing in his favour though, he is now coaching a few superstars. He has an 18 months contract to win that elusive CL trophy and I think Bayern will be favourite (IMO).

Poch's challenge at PSG won't be convincing the board to buy the best. His challenge will be convincing the best to come to PSG.

That is so different to Spurs where he could convince the board to buy the best but they had no path of getting them. They had no business expertise in landing them, they had no brand to attract them and didn't have the money to buy them and keep them.

I just hope Poch has a team and chairman who he can solve football problems with. Pulling in the same direction is a thing of beauty.

Sherwood, good pundit, always entertaining, likes to be controversial, but more often than not deals in facts.

Pochettino, seems to be easily forgotten that he built a really good Spurs side which reached the CL final. Sure there should be no difficulty in winning domestic trophies with PSG, but I and others have all pointed out in various posts that a number of top managers have all contributed to PSG having a pretty poor CL record. I think that they will win it for the first time under Poch. Conversely I'm sure that Mourinho could take their current squad and screw it up totally.

Couldn't agree more. If Poch wins at PSG he'sno different than Moutinho. PAyroll wins championships. Pochettino is a pretender who got luck with an amazing group of players at Tottenham
I think that's very harsh. We were in a mess when he took over. But he turned us into a top 2/3 team for 3 seasons. And he he did it on an almost net zero transfer budget. That was a phenomenal achievement even if we didn't win the league.

As to getting lucky with the players, he either developed or brought in most of that team. Only Jan and Lloris were really established. Eriksen had had a MEH first season here.

He also established us as a club that was not only good enough to get into the Champions League but good enough to compete in the latter stages.

Oh, and the football was good to watch until the final year!

I think that's very harsh. We were in a mess when he took over. But he turned us into a top 2/3 team for 3 seasons. And he he did it on an almost net zero transfer budget. That was a phenomenal achievement even if we didn't win the league.

As to getting lucky with the players, he either developed or brought in most of that team. Only Jan and Lloris were really established. Eriksen had had a MEH first season here.

He also established us as a club that was not only good enough to get into the Champions League but good enough to compete in the latter stages.

Oh, and the football was good to watch until the final year!
Agree totally, it's strange how players and managers who have served the Club well, are rubbished when they move on.

Ah , but will there be any players out there who are better than the ones he has .
then , when he has run the players he has , into the ground , will it be too late again to start refreshing the squad back to the level he had .
It’s a very strange philosophy.,

Sherwood, good pundit, always entertaining, likes to be controversial, but more often than not deals in facts.

Not sure what you have to to do be told by Hoddle you will never kick a ball for the club again before getting unceremoniously booted out of the club. Eventually came back as an unqualified coach and stole the credit for half a decades good work on the academy by Inglethorpe and Ramsey. Continually stabbed AVB in the back and then gets the role himself. Spends half a season on some sort of ego trip, publicly slating his own players to the media. That's after not even completing his coaching badges because he didn't choose to do them until he was almost 40.

Didn't last a year in his only other 2 football jobs and became the laughing stock of football management.

Then there is the habitual lying:

So very happy I don't have to watch this plank on the channels I have. I used to think he could be a good pundit, but then in the next breath came the next sly dig at THFC from him. He can't help himself.

Not sure what you have to to do be told by Hoddle you will never kick a ball for the club again before getting unceremoniously booted out of the club. Eventually came back as an unqualified coach and stole the credit for half a decades good work on the academy by Inglethorpe and Ramsey. Continually stabbed AVB in the back and then gets the role himself. Spends half a season on some sort of ego trip, publicly slating his own players to the media. That's after not even completing his coaching badges because he didn't choose to do them until he was almost 40.

Didn't last a year in his only other 2 football jobs and became the laughing stock of football management.

Then there is the habitual lying:

So very happy I don't have to watch this plank on the channels I have. I used to think he could be a good pundit, but then in the next breath came the next sly dig at THFC from him. He can't help himself.
His failure as a manager isn't in dispute, that has nothing whatsoever to do though with his credentials as a pundit, as is probably proven by his increasing appearances across a number of discussion forums. I have to say that I watch him regularly on Premier League TV, and he is consistently positive about Spurs, albeit like most Spurs fans he has become increasingly critical of the style of play adopted in recent times.

Matic, I hear what you say mate. I had my say in the Poch thread while back.

These 'big' teams are going through different phases. You only got to look at RM and Barca - no where near the force that saw them conquer European football for more than a decade. They are getting beat by the unfancied teams in their respective leagues. Would have been interesting to see Poch land one of those jobs and see how long he lasted.

PSG on the other hand are still a stable team, monopolising everything in France. Take Mbappe and Neymar out and you know what will happen!. As for Poch, I will be more interested in how he develops and more importantly, 'REFRESHES' the team or will he be schooling the Arab owners on how to save Euro's!. One thing in his favour though, he is now coaching a few superstars. He has an 18 months contract to win that elusive CL trophy and I think Bayern will be favourite (IMO).

Poch is a great coach and as you say PSG have an excellent squad. Obviously they will clean up domestically but I am confident he will deliver in Europe too. However, Tuchel is a very good coach and on paper he should have also delivered the CL in his time so it may not be as easy a job as people think.

I still don't buy the story that Poch tried to 'school Levy on transfers' as I think it was more a case of sending a message to Levy that it is better to not sign a player if they have no place in his plans and to dedicate more resources to buying the one or two players who WILL improve the team. I don't think Poch will have that issue at PSG.

The biggest question mark will always be over Poch's ability to form a plan B.