Proud to be Villa | Vital Football

Proud to be Villa

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Last night i seen that the villa are selling the shirts with the poppies on on ebay... the bids are quite high and all will sell. The money that is made from these shirts will be sent to the Royal British Leigon.

Other clubs might do this, not sure. But this makes me proud of the Villa. Nice touch. And hopefully other clubs will follow and do the same.

We have always been the leaders in the way of everything right from being the founders of football:
The pitch life isn't always what we want it to be, however like you I am Villa and proud

I agree moaning about seeing us where we are thesedays is one thing but the club itself and the things we do for good causes is admirable and agree makes you proud to be a Villan for sure!

its the off the pitch things that make me proud at the moment. I think charity work is important in football.

Yes agrees Barney. We were the 1st club to take a charitable cause to heart with Acorns. Whilst some people say we don't do it now. That's rubbish. We gave a small charity with little recognition except maybe locally the opportunity to become country and worldwide known so it could up it's charity monies. That is awesome. There still is input into Acorns. Just in a different way

i never really understood what acorns was before the villa made people aware. I climed snowdon last year, i done the crib goch path/climb and raised £1,300. i Had john gregory, shaun teale and stevie froggy sponsor me. Without the villa i would never have done this for those children. And still now im proud that i dont it. I couldn't believe how much i raised.

I litterally begged for followers on twitter, posted my link that went to just giving and loads of strangers on twitter were sponsoring me!

youtube crib goch... theres some great videos of it on there

was tough going mate... but well worth it when i went into the acorns unit in selly oak. They invited me there to show me where my money that i raised would be going. Such an eye opener.

They do such a great job.

I was on that challenge Aneka programme making a playground at Birmingham children's hospital that was hard but very rewarding and really heart breaking seeing them poor buggers.

fair play to you mate... well worth it at the end.

My partner walked snowdon and raised around £400 for the childrens hospital last september. (without going into details) that was her chosen charity and felt really proud doing it. Its well worth doing charity events... good cause and makes you feel good. :35:

Well done Barney and gator its the best feeling helping out kids and people in need, great stories nad a pat on the back from me!

ClivetheVillan - 13/11/2013 13:47

Well done Barney and gator its the best feeling helping out kids and people in need, great stories nad a pat on the back from me!

just wish i could do something more often... and i would. But people get fed up of sponsoring you...

I will always sponsor for good causes mar mate few of us on here remember!

Barney2004 - 13/11/2013 13:46

My partner walked snowdon and raised around £400 for the childrens hospital last september. (without going into details) that was her chosen charity and felt really proud doing it. Its well worth doing charity events... good cause and makes you feel good. :35:
You have done a hell of a lot more than most I would love to go up Snowdon been up a few peaks in the lake district I used to love it.

gator - 13/11/2013 13:56

Barney2004 - 13/11/2013 13:46

You have done a hell of a lot more than most I would love to go up Snowdon been up a few peaks in the lake district I used to love it.

its a good challenge gator. i wouldn't mind completing the 3 peaks

Well did tbf I did get paid for it but after seeing there lovely smiling faces even though they probably hadn't got long left I would have gladly done it for nothing.

gator - 13/11/2013 13:59

Well did tbf I did get paid for it but after seeing there lovely smiling faces even though they probably hadn't got long left I would have gladly done it for nothing.

Arr man Gator dude reading about them kids man got me trying to hide me snivleing in front of the mrs bless them kids lifes cruel sometimes ay it

Just bought a leather blazer from Acorns in Bearwood for £40 . Before they linked with Villa would never have done that , so thats £40 for a good cause and me with £150 leather jacket. Sorted

Villan57 - 17/11/2013 18:53

Just bought a leather blazer from Acorns in Bearwood for £40 . Before they linked with Villa would never have done that , so thats £40 for a good cause and me with £150 leather jacket. Sorted

Stylin'