PROUD of the lads tonight! | Page 3 | Vital Football

PROUD of the lads tonight!

I agree on both counts GB.

HRH is not the man ( and i wasn't saying he was in my OP) just describing the ideal incomer.

The second point I agree with is a given - everything he touches (football related) turns to soot.

The opposite of King Midas :cool: (cue the 'what about CW?' posts).

That is vital and could occur sooner than we want due to the current lack of dirction and commitment.
and thats what concerns me as well tt you can tell in his latest interviews hes sounds a bit edgy and possibly a little frustrated at this boardroom mess which looks as though its gonna hamper his recruitment plans for january and that could well cost us a top 6 finish this season

He may sound a bit edgy and frustrated, but the rest is jumping to conclusions. Stephen Bettis, our CEO, has stated that the work to strengthen for January is already underway. CW will already be the key part of that.

Inevitably we come back to the question about our last successful signing in January...

With 27 points to play for before the January window I don't get this edgy and frustration deal. CW can still identify his targets put them to to the owners and await their decision. He did sign a new contact after this problem with the owners started, so presumably he asked for assurances before he signed. As far as Bettis goes on S2 they put his statement in the programme down to the launch of the half season tickets, cynical comment who knows. We will see in January :hmmm:

mr wilder wants to run the club from top to bottom in the future, be the caller off all the shots and head up a consortium backed by his close rich friends.

He may sound a bit edgy and frustrated, but the rest is jumping to conclusions. Stephen Bettis, our CEO, has stated that the work to strengthen for January is already underway. CW will already be the key part of that.

Inevitably we come back to the question about our last successful signing in January...

As a short term measure,James Hanson,giving us just what we needed at the time,just for that back post header away at Peterborough that landed on Billy’s head,and the 1 point,,suddenly turned into 3,short term success also was the lad who crossed it at Peterborough,and the vital goal he scored on Oldhams beach.

As for before that,Jamie Murphy maybe ?

chris wilder knows like most fans do that were a couple of quality signings away from having a real crack at the top 2 but personally i cant see it happening no matter what stephen bettis says we just havent got the money to get these type of players imo and i also think its a pr statement with mini season tickets coming soon really hope im wrong on this one because were close very close to achieving something this season utb ft(were not crossing the half way line) pigs !!!

I agree on both counts GB.

HRH is not the man ( and i wasn't saying he was in my OP) just describing the ideal incomer.

The second point I agree with is a given - everything he touches (football related) turns to soot.

The opposite of King Midas :cool: (cue the 'what about CW?' posts).
A bit like thee bein opposite to a loyal BLADE eh?:giggle:ALL TRUE BLADES AREN'T WE.:yes: UTCB

Last edited:
As a short term measure,James Hanson,giving us just what we needed at the time,just for that back post header away at Peterborough that landed on Billy’s head,and the 1 point,,suddenly turned into 3,short term success also was the lad who crossed it at Peterborough,and the vital goal he scored on Oldhams beach.

As for before that,Jamie Murphy maybe ?

I keep asking the question, because there seems to be an acceptance that in January we have to bring in a couple of players who will kick us on, and become the catalyst for a run to promotion, and that this is a test of the owners etc etc, or its the end of the world etc etc.

Whereas, past experience suggests that players who arrive in January are out of favour at their clubs, not match fit (not for our levels of intensity at any rate), and rarely make any kind of positive contribution. Last years damp squib being a prime example.

I keep asking the question, because there seems to be an acceptance that in January we have to bring in a couple of players who will kick us on, and become the catalyst for a run to promotion, and that this is a test of the owners etc etc, or its the end of the world etc etc.

Whereas, past experience suggests that players who arrive in January are out of favour at their clubs, not match fit (not for our levels of intensity at any rate), and rarely make any kind of positive contribution. Last years damp squib being a prime example.
right then fkb question for you do you think we can finish in the top 6 this season if we do not get any additions in january ?

It all becomes a lot easier to be a Blade when you accept we are just little owd P155pot United.

right then fkb question for you do you think we can finish in the top 6 this season if we do not get any additions in january ?

Its possible, but I think it might just be a bit far for us again. To be honest, I think its the same outcome if we DO get recruits in January. We play a system that is unique, and we play at an intensity that is hard to just drop into especially if you haven't played regularly. Arrive in January by all means but it might be March by the time they're ready to be of use. It might be never (see last years efforts...)

I expect CW to go and buy in January, nonetheless, or more likely get a loan or two. I'm not expecting much out of it, and I'm not expecting them to be 'the difference'. We had an excellent summer last year and that, imo, is where we should try to do our business. Plenty of time to bed in the new ones and get them fit. Plus easier to get 'names' from our rivals, e.g. Luke Freeman, than it is in the middle of the season. I'm afraid I don't see January as 'do or die'. The mould was already cast last summer.

A bit like thee bein opposite to a loyal BLADE eh?:giggle:ALL TRUE BLADES AREN'T WE.:yes: UTCB
Loyal- definition-"giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to an institution. "

Blind faith-definition "belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination.”

Its possible, but I think it might just be a bit far for us again. To be honest, I think its the same outcome if we DO get recruits in January. We play a system that is unique, and we play at an intensity that is hard to just drop into especially if you haven't played regularly. Arrive in January by all means but it might be March by the time they're ready to be of use. It might be never (see last years efforts...)

I expect CW to go and buy in January, nonetheless, or more likely get a loan or two. I'm not expecting much out of it, and I'm not expecting them to be 'the difference'. We had an excellent summer last year and that, imo, is where we should try to do our business. Plenty of time to bed in the new ones and get them fit. Plus easier to get 'names' from our rivals, e.g. Luke Freeman, than it is in the middle of the season. I'm afraid I don't see January as 'do or die'. The mould was already cast last summer.
yeah good post fkb good in depth analysis i do agree the summer window has to be the main one just think if maybe we could just bring a couple in come january it would give us a better chance of a top 6 spot for me the main aquisition if we can get one is a big physical striker who would give us an option to get the ball in early from out wide instead of us turning back inside again thats why i suggested someone like chris wood at burnley or somebody of that quality but of course would only be a loan and if we wanted to try a punt on a lower league player i think rods fav kiefer moore might just fit the bill anyway utb and ft(boring) pigs !!